Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:08 pm

wprager wrote:White had the chance to sign a pro contract and play in the AHL or even Ottawa this year.  Instead he chose to stay at BC.  I doubt he stays to finish his degree so what's the difference between doing the first year or the first two years before stopping?  I think there's room for a little concern.

Mmmmmhhhh the sens chose for him to go back to university. White wanted to play for Ottawa IIRC.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:White had the chance to sign a pro contract and play in the AHL or even Ottawa this year.  Instead he chose to stay at BC.  I doubt he stays to finish his degree so what's the difference between doing the first year or the first two years before stopping?  I think there's room for a little concern.

Mmmmmhhhh the sens chose for him to go back to university. White wanted to play for Ottawa IIRC.

Since when do the Sens choose to not sign their 1st round picks? There's no chance they chose to send him back to school.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54432
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm

I think the Senasnores were very pleased not to burn a year on his ELC and have him compete at BC.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

I would love to see a source on this. Everything I read was that it was a mutually agreed to decision that it would be best for his development.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1861
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 pm

I would have no problem moving White or Brown for a young forward but Chabot should be almo untouchable.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Since when do the Sens choose to not sign their 1st round picks? There's no chance they chose to send him back to school.
    You can't sign a player that goes back to college. You have to wait till he leaves college. And IIRC both him and his parents and with dorion agreeing said he'd benefit more from another year in school.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:38 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

I would love to see a source on this.  Everything I read was that it was a mutually agreed to decision that it would be best for his development.
    Although it sounded like it was a group decision it feels like it was equally a big part from his and his family's side but management seemed very happy for him to go back and they would rather take their time
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/07/02/senators-colin-white-thomas-chabot-plot-different-paths

Edit: if you look at the tone of his commentary you can tell he's been sold on the idea. So maybe it was more from his family and the sens pushing for him to go back.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Oglethorpe wrote:I would have no problem moving White or Brown for a young forward but Chabot should be almo untouchable.

Me neither but it would have to be an impact forward in the vain of duchene

And I would preferably trade brown ahead of white. White can step in and possibly have an impact next year. He's well placed to take that RW spot on the 3rd line

Brown is 2 years away from possibly jumping in and has more question marks over what type of forward he'll be.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm

It's funny, I waffle so much on this kind of thing. If we're patient we could add 3 massive pieces to our team within 2 years...the flip side is Duchene
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Leave White and Brown alone. They haven't done anything yet so won't be worth as much as anyone thinks.

Ceci + Lazar + Smith for Landeskog. If you are Colorado, would you do that? They are in desperate need for a RHS d-man.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm

wprager wrote:Leave White and Brown alone.  They haven't done anything yet so won't be worth as much as anyone thinks.

Ceci + Lazar + Smith for Landeskog.  If you are Colorado, would you do that?  They are in desperate need for a RHS d-man.

No, they won't.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Smith is a pending UFA, so his value would be limited unless they sign him at the same time. 

I wonder if we could soften the blow by taking a bad contract from the Avs with Landeskog, but the only one that sticks out is maybe Varlamov at $5.9 M thru 18/19. And then that's a big anchor for us.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm

PTFlea wrote:I think the Senasnores were very pleased not to burn a year on his ELC and have him compete at BC.

They'll be burning a year this season when he plays a few games. If he signs. Or maybe Dorion will tell him to stay in school.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Smith is a pending UFA, so his value would be limited unless they sign him at the same time. 

I wonder if we could soften the blow by taking a bad contract from the Avs with Landeskog, but the only one that sticks out is maybe Varlamov at $5.9 M thru 18/19. And then that's a big anchor for us.

Frank Beauchemin.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:03 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Smith is a pending UFA, so his value would be limited unless they sign him at the same time. 

Frank Beauchemin.
    Has beauchemin become so bad? I wouldn't mind him as a 6th or 7th guy going into the playoffs. But I must admit that I haven't followed him for a few years.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:05 pm

wprager wrote:Leave White and Brown alone.  They haven't done anything yet so won't be worth as much as anyone thinks.

Ceci + Lazar + Smith for Landeskog.  If you are Colorado, would you do that?  They are in desperate need for a RHS d-man.
    That would be a little too perfect a trade. And that's why it won't happen.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:35 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I think the Senasnores were very pleased not to burn a year on his ELC and have him compete at BC.

They'll be burning a year this season when he plays a few games. If he signs. Or maybe Dorion will tell him to stay in school.
    Hmmm.  Then I don't see why he wouldn't sign here, ELC at least.  What's the difference?  I guess it happens though like wheeler etc.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:44 am

Pretty sure the expectations early on the summer were that he was almost assured a roster spot. I mean, did anyone imagine both Dzingel and Pyatt would be fixtures in the lineup back in June/July? Something changed and I don't think it was something initiated by the Sens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 am