GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13354
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:30 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

    The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

    Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

    I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

    A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

    Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

    I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

    LTIR?

    What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

    Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
    Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
    I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:36 pm

    Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm convinced his retreat in Idaho isn't really doing wonders for his conditioning or prepping him well enough for the NHL.  Might have worked before but not in this day and age.

    Haha "prepping."

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:17 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

    The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

    Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

    I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

    A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

    Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

    I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

    LTIR?

    Not sure if he's at that stage where any time off would help. I wish I knew if it's still his hernia or if he's just lazy and unmotivated - I'm really curious for whatever reason.

    Flo The Action wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

    The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

    Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

    I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

    A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

    Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

    I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

    LTIR?

    What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

    Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
    Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
    I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

    That's why I think it's a chronic issue resulting from his hernia. He's looked slow and laboring all year. If he's got a chronic problem, we are Cussed as Cussed can be in about 2 years when he's a sloth out on the ice with a near elite cap hit.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:32 am

    Sounds like you are coming around to my side.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 am

    wprager wrote:Sounds like you are coming around to my side.

    What side is that?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:Sounds like you are coming around to my side.

    What side is that?

    That he never got over that sports hernia. He wasn't great his first season here but he was certainly better. Then he had a great start in his second year until some time in November, and later we find out he'd been struggling with the sports hernia. Next season the broken finger.

    A series of unfortunate events. Maybe Alfie should give him some of his Wolverine blood.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:24 am

    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:Sounds like you are coming around to my side.

    What side is that?

    That he never got over that sports hernia. He wasn't great his first season here but he was certainly better. Then he had a great start in his second year until some time in November, and later we find out he'd been struggling with the sports hernia. Next season the broken finger.

    A series of unfortunate events. Maybe Alfie should give him some of his Wolverine blood.
    I think that must be it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am