Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 am

    Ron Hainsey traded from Carolina to Pittsburgh with 50% retained by Carolina - for a 2nd round pick and some dude (Kristo).

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13115
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 am

    PTFlea wrote:Ron Hainsey traded from Carolina to Pittsburgh with 50% retained by Carolina - for a 2nd round pick and some dude (Kristo).
    I don't think Danny kristo is much to write home about. First drafted (I think in the second round) by the habs to be a scorer and I think he was part of that Gomez package an eternity ago. I don't even think he got resigned by the rags. Seems to have had success at the AHL level but for some reason he never gets a shot in the NHL.

    So basically it's a 2nd round pick and an AHLer for hainsey.

    My first thought was wow, thats expensive but I guess hainsey plays 22 minutes a night in Carolina. So you're basically getting a top 4 Dman for a 2nd rounder. It's a rental but ok. Sets the price at fair.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

    PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

    I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

    I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3

    I recall that, yeah. Many mistakes made in that org. Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO. Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat. But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13115
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:24 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

    I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3

    I recall that, yeah.  Many mistakes made in that org.  Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO.  Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat.  But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.

    I think you meant zacha anyways
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by spader on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:03 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

    I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3

    I recall that, yeah.  Many mistakes made in that org.  Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO.  Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat.  But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.

    I think you meant zacha anyways

    Zacha? But Schneider was traded for the pick that landed Horvat.  scratch

    Either way, Schneider is a top 5 or 10 goalie in the league. He's worth Bo Horvat and then some. You're right, they've made some good moves.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

    Adrian Dater with a tantalizing couple of tweets:


    I'm picking up more chatter about a potential Senators-Avs trade involving Duchene. We'll see


    Sticking point on Avs-Sens trade for Duchene right now is White
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

    Dater isn't really a breaker of trades or anything, but interesting nevertheless.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

    AJ Haefele @AJHaefele
    @RobillardMatt @adater I won't speak for AD but sure sounds like Ceci/2017 first/White are the principals.
    9:55 PM - 23 Feb 2017



    This is a Colorado blogger, who runs Mile High Hockey (I had to look that up, of course)
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13115
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 pm

    God I hope they can make something happens that doesn't envolve white! And I hope Duchesne wants to sign an extension
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13115
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 pm

    But it's nice to hear dorion keeps pushing
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13115
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm

    Give them two first or brown if you have to
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54409
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:51 pm

    How accurate is that rumour though? White + 1st + Ceci for Duchene and someone sounds like it's something both GMs might think about, but then, who would take Ceci's spot? Or does Ottawa have another deal ready to go? Or do they like Wideman there for now?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24764
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 am

    PTFlea wrote:How accurate is that rumour though?  White + 1st + Ceci for Duchene and someone sounds like it's something both GMs might think about, but then, who would take Ceci's spot?  Or does Ottawa have another deal ready to go?  Or do they like Wideman there for now?

    They should like Wideman, he's better than Ceci. But I'm sure they're looking at Brendan Smith just the same.

    more to come
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16321
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 am

    Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

    Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1948
    Age : 87
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

    Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.  

    Disagree. He's from outside Toronto and will probably be happy to play closer to home. They probably won't re-sign Brassard when he's a UFA, and I imagine they will try to move Ryan between now and then. So while cap space seems tight right now, by the time he's a UFA the priority will be to sign him, Turris, and Karlsson. I get that's a lot of money but there's your core with Stone and Hoffman and, White, Brown and Chabot still on ELC's.

    I feel as though Dorion can avoid trading White if it means adding in Lazar and Chlapik. Do you do it?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24764
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

    Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.  

    Meanwhile, Colin White seems to have very little motivation to sign and ELC with Ottawa... MAKE THE DAMN DEAL!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16321
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:49 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

    Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.  

    Disagree. He's from outside Toronto and will probably be happy to play closer to home. They probably won't re-sign Brassard when he's a UFA, and I imagine they will try to move Ryan between now and then. So while cap space seems tight right now, by the time he's a UFA the priority will be to sign him, Turris, and Karlsson. I get that's a lot of money but there's your core with Stone and Hoffman and, White, Brown and Chabot still on ELC's.

    I feel as though Dorion can avoid trading White if it means adding in Lazar and Chlapik. Do you do it?

    He can play closer to home and still go to free agency.... And I don't think bundling Lazar (no value) and Chlapik makes up for not including White.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm