Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Share

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1948
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:If somehow duchene winds up here I hope everyone is ready to see him get 7 mill per season on his next contract. Likely not worth that much(something around 6?)
    It's getting hard to see how we are gonna pay everyone down the line.
    Turris 6
    Stone 6
    Karlsson 8? 9? Maybe more?
    You start asking yourself how do you trade/move/make sure Vegas bites on Bobby Ryan

    You have to be prepared to take a bad contract back. I don't think it will be Vegas that takes him though. Here's how you sell him:

    Rags if/when Nash is a UFA after next season.
    LA for Dustin Brown
    San Jose once they decide what to do with Thornton/Marleau
    Philly because of his ties to Bobby Clarke
    Detroit as their annual reclamation project
    Carolina as a marquee player
    Vancouver to try to stimulate some offense (and give the Sedins a shot to be competitive next year)

    In a perfect world you do the Duchene trade, followed up with a Ryan for Gudbranson trade.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:If somehow duchene winds up here I hope everyone is ready to see him get 7 mill per season on his next contract. Likely not worth that much(something around 6?)
    It's getting hard to see how we are gonna pay everyone down the line.
    Turris 6
    Stone 6
    Karlsson 8? 9? Maybe more?
    You start asking yourself how do you trade/move/make sure Vegas bites on Bobby Ryan

    You have to be prepared to take a bad contract back. I don't think it will be Vegas that takes him though. Here's how you sell him:

    Rags if/when Nash is a UFA after next season.
    LA for Dustin Brown
    San Jose once they decide what to do with Thornton/Marleau
    Philly because of his ties to Bobby Clarke
    Detroit as their annual reclamation project
    Carolina as a marquee player
    Vancouver to try to stimulate some offense (and give the Sedins a shot to be competitive next year)

    In a perfect world you do the Duchene trade, followed up with a Ryan for Gudbranson trade.
    All very interesting options but A I don't think the rags would be interested when they have internal answers, B Dustin brown would be a 5.8 mill burden on its own for years to come and Ryan is more effective, C philly is cap crunched as it is and will have themselves big contracts to hand out, D I think Detroit likes one or two year projects and wouldn't tie another guy that wearing down when they are trying to get younger, possibly Carolina and although I don't see a perfect fit in Vancouver I'm finding it harder to say it's impossible since it feels like they are a mess to begin with.
    Vegas is a good option if they want a name player.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm

    If we do wind up trading Ceci, I wonder if you take a run at kulikov. I wouldn't mind that guy on our team on a 3-4 year contract. Ease chabot in the first few years
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:13 pm

    We'd have to replace Ceci immediately. A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm

    PTFlea wrote:We'd have to replace Ceci immediately. A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
    I wonder what kulikov would cost us. Obviously I would imagine that it would cost a 2nd rounder but we don't have one of those.
    Timmy might ask us for Englund but do we want to do that? Personally only if we know we can resign him.(and then the price likely jumps)
    I like the idea of kulikov playing with Phaneuf
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:53 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:We'd have to replace Ceci immediately. A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
    I wonder what kulikov would cost us. Obviously I would imagine that it would cost a 2nd rounder but we don't have one of those.
    Timmy might ask us for Englund but do we want to do that? Personally only if we know we can resign him.(and then the price likely jumps)
    I like the idea of kulikov playing with Phaneuf

    I dunno, don't know that much about Kulikov.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by wprager on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm

    Been a while since the Sens had a Russian player. My gut says next one would be someone they drafted and developed.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:34 pm

    wprager wrote:Been a while since the Sens had a Russian player. My gut says next one would be someone they drafted and developed.
    Which that may never come. The problem with the sens having an aversion to Russian players is the threat that they won't come over to NA(passing on tarasanko), if a said player is already playing in the NHL and isn't likely a flight risk I would imagine they very well might treat him like any other player.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:35 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:We'd have to replace Ceci immediately. A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
    I wonder what kulikov would cost us. Obviously I would imagine that it would cost a 2nd rounder but we don't have one of those.
    Timmy might ask us for Englund but do we want to do that? Personally only if we know we can resign him.(and then the price likely jumps)
    I like the idea of kulikov playing with Phaneuf

    I dunno, don't know that much about Kulikov.
    He missed most of the season due to a freak accident early on. I have a feeling his value is pretty low right now. I'm all saying he might also be a good FA target if we feel like it this summer.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm