SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

wprager wrote:
    Oglethorpe wrote:With the numbers Chlapik is putting up in the Q and at the WJC, perhaps someone who hasn't done proper scouting might consider him a top prospect. To me he is unlikely to ever become a top 9 forward on a good team.

He doesn't just lead his team in every offensive category, he also leads in PIMs. Have the Sens ever had a top-six player who was hard to play against? As Grats recently said, they were "softer than puppy sh*t" -- and I don't think they have gotten much tougher since he left.

So for that reason I think Chlapik could be a real important player for Ottawa. Now, will he be able to port his game to the pros and, eventually, NHL? Time will tell.

Chlapstik is a player who's talked about doing whatever it takes to get better and so far he's backing it up. His drive to succeed will be his eventual ticket to an everyday NHL spot.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:52 pm

wprager wrote:
    Oglethorpe wrote:With the numbers Chlapik is putting up in the Q and at the WJC, perhaps someone who hasn't done proper scouting might consider him a top prospect. To me he is unlikely to ever become a top 9 forward on a good team.

He doesn't just lead his team in every offensive category, he also leads in PIMs. Have the Sens ever had a top-six player who was hard to play against? As Grats recently said, they were "softer than puppy sh*t" -- and I don't think they have gotten much tougher since he left.

So for that reason I think Chlapik could be a real important player for Ottawa. Now, will he be able to port his game to the pros and, eventually, NHL? Time will tell.

I have to agree. Based on what people have said who have watched him, he took what Ottawa management told him to heart and worked hard to be the player he is now - one that's dominating the Q.

I think the kid - if he continues working - has as real a shot as any player drafted in the 2nd on at making the team (1st rounders always get the upper hand in making the team, at least here).

Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1853
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:22 pm

I watched Chlapik play 4 games at the WJC, never seen him in the Q. Not overly impressed that he will translate to a faster pace. For that matter, I am not overly convinced White (again I've only seen him at the WJCs and 1 NCAA game) will be a top 6 forward at the NHL level, nor Brown. Chabot, I don't have any doubts that he will be Phil Freakin' Housley, hopefully a little better defensively.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Housely? As long as he doesn't dig up an ancient Jofa bucket I'd be OK with that projection.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Looks like PTFleas "Prospect of the Decade", Curtis "No Goals" Lazar has demanded a trade.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like PTFleas "Prospect of the Decade", Curtis "No Goals" Lazar has demanded a trade.

Laugh1 Are you serious?
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12923
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like PTFleas "Prospect of the Decade", Curtis "No Goals" Lazar has demanded a trade.
    Did he? i only heard that a speculation that he could soon be asking for a change in scenery. That's not saying he actually asked for one. Did I miss something?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:15 pm

arren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger
    Lazar's agent, JP Barry expected to meet Sens GM Pierre Dorion this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if player requests trade.

I wouldn't say that's demanding a trade. Not yet anyway.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 pm

PTFlea wrote:arren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger
    Lazar's agent, JP Barry expected to meet Sens GM Pierre Dorion this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if player requests trade.

It's a little weird that lazar is asking for a trade, hes shown absolutely nothing. Hell he should be lucky he's not playing in bingo.

I can't say he's a bust because you never know but he's certainly isn't showing he's ever gonna be more than a bottom 6 player.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:58 am

To paraphrase "Deepthroat" (X-Files), Mr Lazar, *we've* been trying to trade you for a long, long time.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

It's a little weird that lazar is asking for a trade, hes shown absolutely nothing. Hell he should be lucky he's not playing in bingo.

I can't say he's a bust because you never know but he's certainly isn't showing he's ever gonna be more than a bottom 6 player.

That was Dorion's fault for calling him up from Bingo. What was he thinking? It was so dumb, the minute he called him up he basically played a few games and needed waivers to go back down.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:43 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

That was Dorion's fault for calling him up from Bingo. What was he thinking? It was so dumb, the minute he called him up he basically played a few games and needed waivers to go back down.

The dumb decisions started when they didn't leave him in Junior for one last year. His first 9 games were "meh" to put it politely.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Melnyk was on the radio and I really want to believe that he let it slip that we're going hard after Duchene.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Melnyk was on the radio and I really want to believe that he let it slip that we're going hard after Duchene.
    What the Diddle did he say this time! Sometimes it's more easy to put credibility into what Melnyk says than Dorion. Dorion can either be honest or trying to posture. Melnyk is too stupid to play games.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:40 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Melnyk was on the radio and I really want to believe that he let it slip that we're going hard after Duchene.

I heard a little bit of a couple different interviews and he contradicted himself, so I have no idea what they're up to, which is pretty much always the case anyway. I just hope for an interesting trade deadline so it justifies the day off I'm taking!
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

I heard a little bit of a couple different interviews and he contradicted himself, so I have no idea what they're up to, which is pretty much always the case anyway. I just hope for an interesting trade deadline so it justifies the day off I'm taking!

Oooouuuuuu day off! I didn't think of this this year. What day does it fall on?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

A Wednesday.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

A Wednesday.
    Great no class! I'll be streaming it from the library! But knowing the sens if we make any moves they will come ahead of the deadline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 pm