GDT - Game #62 Avalanche @ Sens, Mar 2, 2017, 7:30pm

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: GDT - Game #62 Avalanche @ Sens, Mar 2, 2017, 7:30pm

Post by spader on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I didn't see the first burrows goal but that was a nice second goal!!

They were really similar. Snipe short side. Both were nice shots. The first one had a bit of a screen.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54425
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Diddle that all felt sooooooo oo good.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13123
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 pm

spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I didn't see the first burrows goal but that was a nice second goal!!

They were really similar. Snipe short side. Both were nice shots. The first one had a bit of a screen.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking about the 2nd goal(didn't see the first one) but it was a snipe and I thought he was more of a dirty goal type of guy. Not bad mr burrows! Welcome aboard!

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:02 am

Welcome aboard indeed. That's adrenaline mixed with playing a lost team, but we dominated that game. Could have been 6-1.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47955
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:39 am

0 for whatever again on the power play. I'm a little worried.

Yeah, could have been a lot more lopsided than 2-1 so I have no problem taking and enjoying the W.

Montreal won in regulation. I was flipping back and forth and they were very bad, trailing 1-0 most of the night and held afloat by Price. After the 3 stars I flipped back just in time to see Gallagher tie it up. Hell of a shift by the little guy. Then Just when you thought it was going to OT Byron gets a partial breakaway and drinks one through Runner to win it with 8 seconds to go. Unreal. Totally undeserved win, and in regulation, to boot.

Turn I go upstairs, a little while later check the Leafs have, and they are up 2-0. But of course it's the Leafs. LA tires it up with two early goals in the third, wins in the SO. Combined with the Islanders W this puts the Leafs on the outside looking in.

Boston lost in regulation (Puempel with the assist on the winner). Panthers lost in the SO. All in all a decent night standings wise. Still six back of Montreal, but now two up on the Bruins with 2 in hand, 4 and 5 up on the Leafs and Panthers, respectively, with 1 in hand, and a nice 8 point cushion on the Bolts.

Starting to look a lot like second place. Although we do have three head to head against the Habs coming up.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 am

Brassard has been really good lately too.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

PTFlea wrote:Welcome aboard indeed. That's adrenaline mixed with playing a lost team, but we dominated that game. Could have been 6-1.

Based on the shot count, I'm guessing?

I think it could have more easily been a 3-2 Avs win in OT than a 6 - 1 victory for us.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

There were a few flurries on the Sens zone but, overall, Anderson did not have to make a lot of big saves. Shots going wide or blocked a lot. Pickard was third star, deservedly.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:53 am

"He blocks shots, he had some huge hits, he's jus a relentless guy and everything he does he does with everything he's got and that's contagious. That's exactly what we needed, that's what we wanted to have with our top-end players... so we're more than excited to have him here." - Guy Boucher on Burrows

This is exactly why we're escaping with close calls and suffering blowout losses where backup goalies magically have their best games, in spite of winning by a landslide on the shot clock. You can apply this when trying to find a reason our PP is so Dung, too.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:"He blocks shots, he had some huge hits, he's jus a relentless guy and everything he does he does with everything he's got and that's contagious. That's exactly what we needed, that's what we wanted to have with our top-end players... so we're more than excited to have him here." - Guy Boucher on Burrows

This is exactly why we're escaping with close calls and suffering blowout losses where backup goalies magically have their best games, in spite of winning by a landslide on the shot clock. You can apply this when trying to find a reason our PP is so Dung, too.

Not sure I see your point. With Burrows in the lineup we still piled up the shots on goal but only got two to go in (and the first one should really have stayed out). And our PP still sucked.

Or are you implying that only Burrows played like Boucher described but that this will rub off on the others and we will see improvements in subsequent games?

Karlsson leads the league in blocked shots, Stone in takeaways, Boro in hits. Overall the Senators are third best in the league in blocked shots. For years and years I lamented how they are *always* out-blocked, so this is a huge change (quick check: they were 13th last season, 25th the season before and 28th three seasons ago). They are also 4th in hits (3rd last year, so unchanged). Interestingly, despite Stone's success, they are 18th as a team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 pm