You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #64: Bruins @ Sens, Mar 6, 2017, 7:30pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ottawa acquires Brandon Gormley from Devils

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Ottawa acquires Brandon Gormley from Devils

Straight to Binghamton, I suppose.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Talk about someone's stock that has dropped precipitously!

Not a bad player to pick up. Réclamation project for sure and likely won't be much more than a call-up but we could probably use someone like that in Belleville next year.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow, for nothing. I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

Cowen 2.0.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

I'm going to channel my inner SSF and say it's the same kind of hype that had some ppl on here wanting to trade heatley for colton teubert Laugh1

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.
He was drafted 13th overall. Just after cam fowler IIRC. I remember people were saying that any of those two could go ahead of each other... not likely.

They said the same thing about doughty and bogosian also. Another case of don't pick the wrong one.
At least bogo 's had a career.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

I'm going to channel my inner SSF and say it's the same kind of hype that had some ppl on here wanting to trade heatley for colton teubert Laugh1

You rang?

Hoff-Machine wrote:
asq2 wrote:I guess they didn't really like any of Etem, Watson, Howden, Bjugstad or Bennett. I'm not a huge fan of any of them either.

Still in shock that Phoenix got Gormley, though. Man...

That team, be it in Phoenix or timbucktwo, will be a force in 3-4 years.  They got the best d-man from last year as well in OEL

Not picking on you, by the way. This is just the first thing I spotted. NEELY seems to have been the biggest Gormley fan.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

I'm going to channel my inner SSF and say it's the same kind of hype that had some ppl on here wanting to trade heatley for colton teubert Laugh1

You rang?

Hoff-Machine wrote:
asq2 wrote:I guess they didn't really like any of Etem, Watson, Howden, Bjugstad or Bennett. I'm not a huge fan of any of them either.

Still in shock that Phoenix got Gormley, though. Man...

That team, be it in Phoenix or timbucktwo, will be a force in 3-4 years.  They got the best d-man from last year as well in OEL

Not picking on you, by the way. This is just the first thing I spotted. NEELY seems to have been the biggest Gormley fan.

LOL I doubt I knew much about Gormley apart from what TSN was projecting him to be and I made my hypothesis.....was right about OEL though.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoff-Machine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wow, for nothing.  I remember the hype around that guy at one point.

I'm going to channel my inner SSF and say it's the same kind of hype that had some ppl on here wanting to trade heatley for colton teubert Laugh1

You rang?

Hoff-Machine wrote:
asq2 wrote:I guess they didn't really like any of Etem, Watson, Howden, Bjugstad or Bennett. I'm not a huge fan of any of them either.

Still in shock that Phoenix got Gormley, though. Man...

That team, be it in Phoenix or timbucktwo, will be a force in 3-4 years.  They got the best d-man from last year as well in OEL

Not picking on you, by the way. This is just the first thing I spotted. NEELY seems to have been the biggest Gormley fan.

LOL I doubt I knew much about Gormley apart from what TSN was projecting him to be and I made my hypothesis.....was right about OEL though.  

MJ

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Laughing3

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
And full disclosure: I was upset when we gave up on Rundblad because I bought the hype that was being served up here (ppl changing their avatars...constantly talking about a karlsson/rundblad 1-2 punch, constant skelleftea updates). I got so into it I ended up streaming one of their championship games just to see if rundblad....

Never. Again.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoff-Machine wrote:And full disclosure: I was upset when we gave up on Rundblad because I bought the hype that was being served up here (ppl changing their avatars...constantly talking about a karlsson/rundblad 1-2 punch, constant skelleftea updates).  I got so into it I ended up streaming one of their championship games just to see if rundblad....

Never.  Again.  

This exact phenomena was replicated with young Dahlen. It happens. Not to me... but it happens.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I do enjoy that you manage to blame others for your errors instead of accepting the blame yourself. Nice.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:And full disclosure: I was upset when we gave up on Rundblad because I bought the hype that was being served up here (ppl changing their avatars...constantly talking about a karlsson/rundblad 1-2 punch, constant skelleftea updates).  I got so into it I ended up streaming one of their championship games just to see if rundblad....

Never.  Again.  

This exact phenomena was replicated with young Dahlen. It happens. Not to me... but it happens.

Nah I've changed now....I don't put too much stock into WJC performances or whatever. Trade the prospect if you want, but get good value. I'll always judge that.

I'm not overreacting to Dahlen but I think he could have fetched us something better than a 36 year old Burrows....that said I'm not losing sleep over it like others are.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:I do enjoy that you manage to blame others for your errors instead of accepting the blame yourself. Nice.

Thanks! It was their fault and not mine, I was innocent and took some posters words as gospel.... Sarcasm

In all seriousness, I think I did accept blame for 'buying the hype'.  And I'm fairly certain I wasn't propping up prospects on a pedastool and proclaiming they're the next great ones...I don't follow prospects pre-NHL draft and use NHL/TSN projections on whether a player is going to be good or not...forgive me if I didn't pay attention to their 'probability of being a bust' rating, that's on me for sure. /sarcasm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
We all have our moments. As much as I like to toot my own horn about being right about Hoffman there will always be a Petersson to remind myself I'm not always right.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:I do enjoy that you manage to blame others for your errors instead of accepting the blame yourself. Nice.
Be careful, if hogberg doesn't pan out you'll be the number one fan we get to pick on on that one. Sarcasm

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum