wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47955
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

GDT - Game #66: Sens @ Arizona, Mar 9, 2017, 9:00pm

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:26 am

After a convincing 5-2 win against the Stars, the Sens are right back at it tonight in Arizona. With Turris expected to miss at least another game and after playing 11 forwards the previous night, I suspect we might be finally seeing DiDomenico in his first NHL game. Also wouldn't surprise me if Claesson stays on the lineup and Phaneuf takes a maintenance day. He's a little under the weather already and got a little banged up last night. In fact all three of the regular LD to big hits so we might even see Jokipakka before too long.

Condon expected to play in goal. He has lost his last two starts (Tampa and Winnipeg). His last win was a shutout against the Devils exactly three weeks ago.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: GDT - Game #66: Sens @ Arizona, Mar 9, 2017, 9:00pm

Post by spader on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am

wprager wrote:After a convincing 5-2 win against the Stars, the Sens are right back at it tonight in Arizona. With Turris expected to miss at least another game and after playing 11 forwards the previous night, I suspect we might be finally seeing DiDomenico in his first NHL game. Also wouldn't surprise me if Claesson stays on the lineup and Phaneuf takes a maintenance day. He's a little under the weather already and got a little banged up last night. In fact all three of the regular LD to big hits so we might even see Jokipakka before too long.

Condon expected to play in goal. He has lost his last two starts (Tampa and Winnipeg). His last win was a shutout against the Devils exactly three weeks ago.

I agree. Going with 7 D yesterday probably helped ease Claesson into the action (though he hardly seemed to need it), but Dion could probably use a day off. He looked like he really hurt his leg yesterday.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 am

Game number Mario Lemieux. My favourite player of all time. Ho Sang can Ho suck it for wearing that number in the NHL too.

Razz

- Unknown Author
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Game number Mario Lemieux. My favourite player of all time. Ho Sang can Ho suck it for wearing that number in the NHL too.

Razz

ThisJustIn! Post of the day!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 am

Lemieux was great. But a bit of a cherry picker. Went straight from fore-check to pay-check, if you know what I mean. I remember going to a game at the old Forum and it was really weird seeing him standing right at the red line (back when the 2-line-pass offside still existed) waiting for a breakaway pass, while all the other nine skaters were deep inside the Penguins defensive zone.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13123
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:25 am

So another chance to test out the EV hypothesis. Can we get two wins on a back to back? It is Arizona after all. They do not have Boedker to score hat tricks on us.

Still, you'd hope they would have dealt more guys at the deadline. Both those young dudes getting shots are often more dangerous!

Lets do this!
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16330
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:26 am

You'd think the Islanders would've talked Ho Sang out of wearing that number, but I've enjoyed the drama.

As for tonight, I hope we see DiDomenico in the lineup. This is another one of these dangerous games playing a terrible opponent...I think having DiDomenico in the lineup will help give the guys a bit of an emotional boost.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54425
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night. They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0. I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:27 pm

PTFlea wrote:Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night. They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0. I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...

The System is flexible. It can bend but does not break.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16330
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:57 pm

PTFlea wrote:Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night. They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0. I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...

I think having Condon in there, going with 6 D, putting DiDomenico in the lineup....this will be good.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Boro will sit this one out. Aggravated a minor injury against Dallas.

I'm guessing he's having his spleen removed or maybe a couple vertibrae fused. Something minor, like that.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Burrows-Brassard-Stone
    Dzingel-Smith-DiDomenico
    Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
    Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm

DiDomenico will wear #48, which was last used by Jared Cowen in 2010.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Hold on, Sens twitter had DiDo with #49:

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm

If it turns out to be #49, the last player to suit up using that number was "Ready" Freddie Claesson in 2016. Another player in the lineup also used to wear #49 -- Chris Kelly, when he first broke in in 2004.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 pm