General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13251
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:34 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Habs booed off the ice as they lose 3-1 to Laine and the Jets.

Really? Like actually booed off the ice by their own fans?

Yep, I was running errands and listened to the end of the game oh the radio.
    Beauty!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48187
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Sens can pass them tomorrow.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:29 am

Florida is two for two in California after defeating the Kings 3-2. The two points leap frogs then over the Leafs and Bruins into third. Boston slips down to the second wildcard spot and the Leafs are out.

Islanders - who I said had the inside track - lost to the Devil's and remain one point back of the Leafs in the wildcard race. Buffalo beat the Blues (in regulation, no less) and are also just one point back, but they've played two more games.

It's gonna get crazy.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:32 am

If you rank teams by points per game or winning percentage, the Senators are slightly ahead of the Canadiens.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 am

Did you see Drouin's OT goal? If we could have had him for Ceci ...

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:14 pm

wprager wrote:Did you see Drouin's OT goal? If we could have had him for Ceci ...

Am I the only one who thought he was bit of a puck hog on that play? Shrug
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Hoff-Machine wrote:
    wprager wrote:Did you see Drouin's OT goal? If we could have had him for Ceci ...

Am I the only one who thought he was bit of a puck hog on that play? Shrug

Nope, I thought exact same. But at least it was three on three so more room and fewer teammates.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Florida is up 1-0 on the Blues. Still early, but of they win they will pass the Leafs and tie Boston; the gashes hands will put them ahead of the Bruins, third in the Atlantic, pushing the Leafs out of a playoff spot.

*IF* they win.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 pm

wprager wrote:Florida is up 1-0 on the Blues. Still early, but of they win they will pass the Leafs and tie Boston; the gashes hands will put them ahead of the Bruins, third in the Atlantic, pushing the Leafs out of a playoff spot.

*IF* they win.

They won. Good game actually.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:58 am

Trocheck GWG with 5 seconds to go after the Blues tied it up early in the third.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Brooks Laich on waivers by the Leafs. Getting ready to load up for the playoff push? What if we grab Laich and Michalek? Can't be worse than McCormick and Bailey, eh?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Anybody see any of the Habs-Rangers game? I thought both teams played pretty badly. Except the goalies.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16446
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:26 am

wprager wrote:Brooks Laich on waivers by the Leafs. Getting ready to load up for the playoff push? What if we grab Laich and Michalek? Can't be worse than McCormick and Bailey, eh?

A couple years ago and I'd have been interested, but now I don't think Brooks Laich has much to offer, even for our injury-depleted roster.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 am

Sens have 70 points with 24 games to go. If they play .500 the rest of the way they end up with 94 points; that's probably not enough this year.

The team is 7-3 in their last 10 road games, which is where they will be spending the majority of the rest of the season (15 road games vs. 9 at home).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 am

Bruins and Panthers both lose in regulation, stopping their win streaks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:55 am