General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17130
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:09 am

wprager wrote:The latest comments from Duchene sure sounded like there's a bit of an issue with Karlsson in the room. Skill to burn but not they most popular guy in the room.

I'm not sure I got that from Duchene's comments, but I didn't like the fact that a new contract hasn't even been discussed with him.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49260
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:40 pm

This is the direct quote I was talking about:

"Erik, that's a little bit different situation, but with [Mark], that's a guy I'd love to move forward with as a teammate. "

I know I'm reading between the lines but he's basically saying Stone is a teammate he'd love to play with but Karlsson is a different situation. Just a very strange way to put it.

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:41 pm

wprager wrote:

https://www.tsn.ca/duchene-you-have-to-do-what-s-best-for-you-1.1169174
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Ah, ok. That's a bit of rephrasing by Seravalli. Read another article with the exact quote from Duchene stating that they haven't begun negotiations, yet. That's not the same as saying they haven't discussed an extension.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 pm

wprager wrote:This is the direct quote I was talking about:

"Erik, that's a little bit different situation, but with [Mark], that's a guy I'd love to move forward with as a teammate. "

I know I'm reading between the lines but he's basically saying Stone is a teammate he'd love to play with but Karlsson is a different situation. Just a very strange way to put it.

Whoa, that's very interesting.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 am

So the Habs finally dealt Pacioretty. He goes to Vegas for Tatar, Nick Suzuki, and a 2nd. Not a terrible return for Montreal, but not great either. Time will tell with Suzuki.

Probably a good add for Vegas, but Pacioretty is 30 years old and only has this season left on his contract, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of new deal he signs.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14303
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 am

tim1_2 wrote:So the Habs finally dealt Pacioretty. He goes to Vegas for Tatar, Nick Suzuki, and a 2nd. Not a terrible return for Montreal, but not great either. Time will tell with Suzuki.

Probably a good add for Vegas, but Pacioretty is 30 years old and only has this season left on his contract, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of new deal he signs.

Suzuki is a highly touted prospect. It sure boards well as to what should be the return for karlsson
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:45 pm

They got a 30 goal scorer for $4.5M, I think. Suzuki won't be anywhere near that for a while. Tatar was a big disappointment for Vegas.

For Montreal the two glaring needs are centers and PMD. Suzuki played best as a winger. Same as Drouin. Kotkaniemi is at least 2 years away. How is Bergevin still allowed to wheel and deal?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 pm

wprager wrote:They got a 30 goal scorer for $4.5M, I think. Suzuki won't be anywhere near that for a while. Tatar was a big disappointment for Vegas.

For Montreal the two glaring needs are centers and PMD. Suzuki played best as a winger. Same as Drouin. Kotkaniemi is at least 2 years away. How is Bergevin still allowed to wheel and deal?
    The projections I see have Suzuki being a C.
    Im not a fan of Bergevin but he is trying to get younger and accumulate draft picks. Tatar is a stop gap. He scored 20 in the past 4 seasons and theyll flip him when they get a decent offer for him.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:52 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

To me thats pretty big. There must be a split in direction the team should be taking. Is there difference of opinions on whether they should trade for karlsson? I mean because it would involve so many other players.
    Could be, could be not. I tell you one thing, maybe kalrsson has to think again wether Tampa would offer him a contract next summer.

Still. why would, what is perceived as one of the best GM, step down a year before the end of his contract? Makes no sense. Its defin due to something going on internally.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

To me thats pretty big. There must be a split in direction the team should be taking. Is there difference of opinions on whether they should trade for karlsson? I mean because it would involve so many other players.
    Could be, could be not. I tell you one thing, maybe kalrsson has to think again wether Tampa would offer him a contract next summer.

Still. why would, what is perceived as one of the best GM, step down a year before the end of his contract? Makes no sense. Its defin due to something going on internally.

I would assume it's some sort of internal differences. Apparently Yzerman told the TB players he was going home to Detroit.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

I would assume it's some sort of internal differences. Apparently Yzerman told the TB players he was going home to Detroit.
    Hes staying as consultant and going back to Detroit? Theres more to the story that will come out.

Had they not re-upped Ken Holland it would make a lot of sense for Yzerman to guide the wings rebuild. Personally I think Yzerman gets way more props than he should but he (and his team)is still a good and above average GM
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13647
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Maybe he has health issues?

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Steve Yzerman got lucky on a few deals and picks but, frankly, they have not done as well in the post season as they should have.

He kept his family back in Michigan and was commuting to Florida. That's not good for family.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 am

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/mark-herrmann/robin-lehner-isles-new-goalie-battled-addiction-bipolar-disorder-1.20988127

Well Ill be damned. That explains a hell of a lot. Good for him. Being Bi-polar is a hard condition to live with and for anyone having to live with you as well. But its a condition that can be treated with meds.
    This could be really good for his career now that its diagnosed and treated. Good on him to share his story and to get treatment. It helps take away some of the stigma that gets put on people.
    I really hope he can bounce back now.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:34 am

I didn't read it because the original article was at The Athletic. But is he saying that his bipolar disorder was not diagnosed until recently?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 am