General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47518
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Islanders submitting a bid to build a new arena at Belmont Park. Their 25-year lease at Barclays has a clause to pull out Jan. 2018, so end of the 2018-19 season they would be looking for a new home. The old Nassau Colosseum (with a face lift) could be used in the short-term until a new arena is built.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54135
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:07 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Pierre McGuire seemed to think that only "minor" tinkering was needed in Montreal, but then basically said they need a big centre that can play on line 1 or 2.  Pacioretty and Price are both UFAs after next season.  I can see them resigning Pacioretty, but Price will be difficult.  How much does the best goalie on the planet deserve to get paid?  $7M?  
    7 million for price?  10 minimum imo

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1798
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:43 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Pierre McGuire seemed to think that only "minor" tinkering was needed in Montreal, but then basically said they need a big centre that can play on line 1 or 2.  Pacioretty and Price are both UFAs after next season.  I can see them resigning Pacioretty, but Price will be difficult.  How much does the best goalie on the planet deserve to get paid?  $7M?  

I can see them going after Kovalchuk. If they can re-sign Radulov, then maybe taking a run at Kovalcuk wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Send Galchenyuk + back to NJD. This would probably make Markov sign a one or two year extension. They could turn into the Moscow Canadiens with all the Russians they would have in their line up. Still doesn't address the issue of not having a 1C
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

I can see them going after Kovalchuk. If they can re-sign Radulov, then maybe taking a run at Kovalcuk wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Send Galchenyuk + back to NJD. This would probably make Markov sign a one or two year extension. They could turn into the Moscow Canadiens with all the Russians they would have in their line up. Still doesn't address the issue of not having a 1C

Alexei Yashin.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 pm

PTFlea wrote:

Galchenyuk? Why would they send him to NJ? Even if NJ has the first right to Kov, there's no way that's the price.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Galchenyuk?  Why would they send him to NJ?  Even if NJ has the first right to Kov, there's no way that's the price.

NJ does have the right to Kovalchuk. They will probably sign and trade him. They won't give him up for nothing. He can score 30+ goals
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 am

PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Galchenyuk?  Why would they send him to NJ?  Even if NJ has the first right to Kov, there's no way that's the price.

NJ does have the right to Kovalchuk. They will probably sign and trade him. They won't give him up for nothing. He can score 30+ goals
    Very interesting,  didn't realize they have his rights.

Still, you dont trade galchenyuk for him imo
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16164
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am

PTFlea wrote:

Goalies don't get that much. Rask and Rinne get $7M. So Price maybe $8M? I don't know.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:09 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Very interesting,  didn't realize they have his rights.

Still, you dont trade galchenyuk for him imo

Mtl would be better off going for Duchene (or even Tavares). They need a 1LC more than anything right now.

But I can definitely see Tavares signing in Toronto when he's a UFA. Even at below market rate for him. Tavares/Marner/Kapanen/Matthews/Nylander core is pretty dangerous (but probably unaffordable)
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm

I think Montreal goes for Duchene and gives up the Russian dman
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12771
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

PTFlea wrote:I think Montreal goes for Duchene and gives up the Russian dman
    Well if they are serious about winning next year that's what has to be done, or at least that's the cost. It will seriously damage their depth with having to add a first but that's the habs they are left with. I hope they do because I want to see them fail
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 am

I don't remember where I saw it, but one hockey writer suggested Sergachev for Kovalchuk.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 am

spader wrote:

I don't remember where I saw it, but one hockey writer suggested Sergachev for Kovalchuk.
    That is madness.  Do they realize he's 34 years old?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 am

Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 am

And they suck Donkey too.  Lots of things to consider.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:

wprager wrote:Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

PTFlea wrote:And they suck Donkey too.  Lots of things to consider.

I sure hope not! I think they might struggle just to make the show next year.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12771
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Interesting to see moves happening this early in the playoffs.
    Scott darling acquired from Chicago and resigned to 16.6 mill 4 year contract.
    http://www.tsn.ca/darling-eager-to-capitalize-on-chance-to-start-for-carolina-1.748264
    Also Bishop traded to the stars. That makes sense also.
    I expect some sort of deal was reached before the trade.
    http://www.tsn.ca/stars-acquire-pending-ufa-bishop-from-kings-1.747186
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:

wprager wrote:Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

PTFlea wrote:And they suck Donkey too.  Lots of things to consider.

I sure hope not! I think they might struggle just to make the show next year.

Price can carry them there on his own, but they're not winning the Atlantic next year (IMO)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 am