General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I think Montreal goes for Duchene and gives up the Russian dman

    I don't remember where I saw it, but one hockey writer suggested Sergachev for Kovalchuk.
    That is madness. Do they realize he's 34 years old?

    wprager wrote:Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

    PTFlea wrote:And they suck Donkey too. Lots of things to consider.

    I sure hope not! I think they might struggle just to make the show next year.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm

    Interesting to see moves happening this early in the playoffs.
    Scott darling acquired from Chicago and resigned to 16.6 mill 4 year contract.
    http://www.tsn.ca/darling-eager-to-capitalize-on-chance-to-start-for-carolina-1.748264
    Also Bishop traded to the stars. That makes sense also.
    I expect some sort of deal was reached before the trade.
    http://www.tsn.ca/stars-acquire-pending-ufa-bishop-from-kings-1.747186

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54138
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

    spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I think Montreal goes for Duchene and gives up the Russian dman

    I don't remember where I saw it, but one hockey writer suggested Sergachev for Kovalchuk.
    That is madness. Do they realize he's 34 years old?

    wprager wrote:Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

    PTFlea wrote:And they suck Donkey too. Lots of things to consider.

    I sure hope not! I think they might struggle just to make the show next year.

    Price can carry them there on his own, but they're not winning the Atlantic next year (IMO)
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 11, 2017 12:12 am

    PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I think Montreal goes for Duchene and gives up the Russian dman

    I don't remember where I saw it, but one hockey writer suggested Sergachev for Kovalchuk.
    That is madness. Do they realize he's 34 years old?

    wprager wrote:Do they realize they need a center and their defense is really old,?

    PTFlea wrote:And they suck Donkey too. Lots of things to consider.

    I sure hope not! I think they might struggle just to make the show next year.

    Price can carry them there on his own, but they're not winning the Atlantic next year (IMO)
    I wouldn't make any predictions just yet without seeing how the summer plays out. Maybe the habs go all in and mortgage their entire future for a shot at the cup. Yeah
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon May 15, 2017 12:07 pm

    Did we lose the rights to Dacosta? I thought we still retained them. Teams looking into him due to his performance at the worlds
    http://www.tsn.ca/da-costa-drawing-nhl-interest-at-whc-1.752004

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1800
    Age : 87
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon May 15, 2017 12:43 pm

    I saw something on Twitter saying we qualified him in 2013
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon May 15, 2017 4:16 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw something on Twitter saying we qualified him in 2013

    Yeah that's what I thought.
    Im hoping we can get some sort of return. Mid to late draft pick would be nice.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47524
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 pm

    Congrats to Dorion for being named one of the three finalists fur GM of the Year.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47524
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Tue May 16, 2017 7:17 pm

    Vegas reaches agreement with Chicago Wolves to be their affiliate. Wolves are currently the affiliate for the Blues, who will continue sending prospects there until they launch a new AHL team as their primary affiliate.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue May 16, 2017 7:33 pm

    wprager wrote: Congrats to Dorion for being named one of the three finalists fur GM of the Year.
    Oh he did? Do they tabulate the votes solely based on regular season performance?
    This offseason is where the results are really showing
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12774
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 pm

    wprager wrote:Vegas reaches agreement with Chicago Wolves to be their affiliate. Wolves are currently the affiliate for the Blues, who will continue sending prospects there until they launch a new AHL team as their primary affiliate.
    So the blues have to launch their own AHL team? That's kind of annoying for them!
    Us any other team relocating to bingo?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47524
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 am

    The Devils are moving to Bingo. As for the Blues they were probably looking to get a different affiliate anyway. It's close to a 5 hour drive from Chicago and way more for most of their road trips, maybe they want a more convenient location? Mind you, Vegas is a much longer trip, so that's probably a temporary situation, too.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:50 am