General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16444
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto rookie tournament runs Friday thru Sunday. The Sens play the Habs Saturday at 7pm and are up against Toronto on Sunday at 4pm. All games are in Toronto.

Hey...I guess hockey's back.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48186
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Karlsson still has no timetable for his rehab. He hasn't been on the ice side his surgery.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Ryan Ellis out 4-6 months.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Steve Warne said Perron looked really good. And the Sens are "over the moon" on his improved strength and conditioning.

Maybe some of that rubs off on Brown.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am

wprager wrote:Steve Warne said Perron looked really good. And the Sens are "over the moon" on his improved strength and conditioning.

Steve Warne also said Brown looked pretty average.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13249
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 am

wprager wrote:Steve Warne said Perron looked really good. And the Sens are "over the moon" on his improved strength and conditioning.

Here's a kid that seems to have the drive and will accept what's asked of him to make the NHL
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:42 am

tim1_2 wrote:

I bet he winds up a trade chip. His ceiling is really high but the more the years roll by the less I feel he'll reach it
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

I bet he winds up a trade chip. His ceiling is really high but the more the years roll by the less I feel he'll reach it

He missed 30+ games due to injuries last season. And his father resigned from his job citing personal reasons. It was probably a bit of a stressful year, and the off-season likely spent more in St Louis than up here, training. We'll see. The ceiling is very high, and if it takes a year or two longer to get there than initially expected, still worth the wait.

But the news on Perron is very encouraging. And we have Chlapik -- a year ago the Sens told him he'd have to work harder if he wanted to stay in their org and, oh boy, did he ever take it to heart. In some ways I'm more excited about Chlapik than all the other prospects. Led his team in most offensive stats *and* PIMs.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 pm

please note that it doesn't matter, at all, how guys look in a practice
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

He missed 30+ games due to injuries last season. And his father resigned from his job citing personal reasons. It was probably a bit of a stressful year, and the off-season likely spent more in St Louis than up here, training. We'll see. The ceiling is very high, and if it takes a year or two longer to get there than initially expected, still worth the wait.

But the news on Perron is very encouraging. And we have Chlapik -- a year ago the Sens told him he'd have to work harder if he wanted to stay in their org and, oh boy, did he ever take it to heart. In some ways I'm more excited about Chlapik than all the other prospects. Led his team in most offensive stats *and* PIMs.
    appart for our very best prospect like chabot I don't get overly excited about our offensive prospects past their draft year until I see they can have the same output once playing in the AHL. It's a big jump for many of these kids. No matter how good they became in juniors.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:00 am

Trouble in Colorado. Duchene hinting he may not report to camp (since they don't get paid until the season starts it's a real possibility). Zadorov wants $2.5M and Avs won't go much past $2M.

http://bsndenver.com/bsn-exclusive-joe-sakic-on-matt-duchene-hes-under-contract-and-i-expect-him-to-be-here/

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 pm

wprager wrote:Trouble in Colorado. Duchene hinting he may not report to camp (since they don't get paid until the season starts it's a real possibility). Zadorov wants $2.5M and Avs won't go much past $2M.

http://bsndenver.com/bsn-exclusive-joe-sakic-on-matt-duchene-hes-under-contract-and-i-expect-him-to-be-here/

Predictions: sakic gets fired.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 am

Stevie Y escaped Justice over his mishandling of Drouin. Mind you, this is a veteran player and this situation has give on far longer.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 pm

I don't think Stevie Y mishandled Drouin.

This Duchene thing is kind of nuts though. Colorado probably should've said from the start that they had no plan of trading Duchene (while working in the background to do just this...kind of how the Habs handled Subban). But Colorado said publicly they were trying to trade him long ago and still have failed to do so. I feel bad for Duchene, but obviously you still have to show up to work.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

It's all on Duchene. He's the one who wants out. Suck it up. Just four years ago it was his "dream team to play on".
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Totally mishandled. Should have taken that NYI deal. Probably as good as it's going to get.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Umm, what?

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2017/09/11/22751680.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

Senators' Karlsson may (be) out of lineup until November

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 pm

wprager wrote:Umm, what?

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2017/09/11/22751680.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

Senators' Karlsson may (be) out of lineup until November

Yeah saw that.

You know, it's not a good thing but it means we will likely get more energy out of him and it will be a good barometer on how good we can be without him. Opportunity for someone to step up. Could also mean this gets chabot playing time right off the bat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 pm