General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13354
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:11 pm

wprager wrote:Emery (smh).

McPhee miscalculated with Methot (he didn't want him and I don't think he got any more from the Stars then he would have from the Sens).  So he's pissed off Dorion and I'd bet a few more GMs weren't very happy, either.  The league wanted a competitive team but with all the trades for picks instead of taking good players, he has a steaming pile aiming for another high lottery pick.  Draft rule circumvention, if you ask me.  Should have made it one pick per team, no trades before.

Not sure what to say about Pickard/Subban.  Feels like me picking up a 6 in Gin-Rummy then discarding it and picking up a 7 a couple turns later.  Was it a mistake to take the 6?  Is it a mistake to swap it for a 7?  Who knows.  But we know McPhee won't be knocking anytime soon.

Too much gin rummy?  Sorry, my latest obsession.  Used to waste hours upon hours back at CEGEP, now it's an app on my phone.

Subban has stunk as an NHL goalie.  Could he do better without the pressure of winning and as a backup?  Maybe.  But this whole swapping in/out just doesn't look good for the organization that hasn't played a game yet.
    From what I heard pickard was playing reasonably well and his numbers are pretty good at the NHL level playing on that dreadful team in Colorado. Subban seem to me like the opposite. I don't think he'll ever be anything else than a backup

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 am

Haha, I got hooked on the gin rummy app too

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:34 am

wprager wrote:Emery (smh).

McPhee miscalculated with Methot (he didn't want him and I don't think he got any more from the Stars then he would have from the Sens).  So he's pissed off Dorion and I'd bet a few more GMs weren't very happy, either.  The league wanted a competitive team but with all the trades for picks instead of taking good players, he has a steaming pile aiming for another high lottery pick.  Draft rule circumvention, if you ask me.  Should have made it one pick per team, no trades before.

Not sure what to say about Pickard/Subban.  Feels like me picking up a 6 in Gin-Rummy then discarding it and picking up a 7 a couple turns later.  Was it a mistake to take the 6?  Is it a mistake to swap it for a 7?  Who knows.  But we know McPhee won't be knocking anytime soon.

Too much gin rummy?  Sorry, my latest obsession.  Used to waste hours upon hours back at CEGEP, now it's an app on my phone.

Subban has stunk as an NHL goalie.  Could he do better without the pressure of winning and as a backup?  Maybe.  But this whole swapping in/out just doesn't look good for the organization that hasn't played a game yet.

That's basically how I feel about mcphee.

I'd still like to make a play for Neal though.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48303
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 am

McPhee owes us for taking Methot. He clearly had no intention of keeping the player. So now the other GMs, who were *coerced* into making a pre-draft trade may think "The Wing Dang Doodle didn't really want player X, he pulled one over on me!"

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Lindberg traded for Pickard. Poor Lindberg, really moving around. Maybe he gets a shot over there though where depth is a little more shallow
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Weird that it takes a decent prospect to have a guy ahl eligible
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Scanlan is saying that the Canadiens are in adnger of not selling out their home opener.

And with the Alouettes already eliminated from playoffs, you've got to think that's a bit of an issue.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 pm

It's an issue and it will become a major issue. Tickets, transportation, parking, concessions are too expensive for the working man who wants to go with his family. Hard to justify no matter where you are in the world.

Also, the TV coverage is top notch. I enjoyed going to the home opener, but I wouldn't go more than once a month.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm

The habs not selling out is surprising. Especially that when you look online there are hardly any tickets.
    But in danger? That’s laughable. They sell so much merch it’s crazy.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:34 am

Well the Habs sold out their home opener after all, then lost 3-1. The 0-2-1 Sabres are the floormat that's keeping Montreal from touching the floor of the Atlantic.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:39 am

Flyers were leading 5-4 when the Preds scored to tie it up with a little over a minute to go. Flyers challenge, lose the challenge, and are given a minor for their troubles (new rule). Preds score on the PP to win in regulation. Not even a single point.

In unrelated news, the Flyers are looking to hire a new video coach.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

3-0 Leafs host the 2-0 Devils tonight. One of these two will no-longer be undefeated.

Only two teams in the Atlantic haven't lost in regulation. Both from Ontario. After tonight there may be just one.

The Sharks are the only team to have zero points in the standings (no wins, no loser points, nada). Their next game is late Thursday night as they host the Sabres (one loser point).

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 pm

wprager wrote:Flyers were leading 5-4 when the Preds scored to tie it up  with a little over a minute to go.  Flyers challenge, lose the challenge, and are given a minor for their troubles (new rule).  Preds score on the PP to win in regulation.  Not even a single point.

In unrelated news, the Flyers are looking to hire a new video coach.

Ridiculous play to challenge when you're not sure. So dumb.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 am

Streit on waivers?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am

Montreal without a regulation win after 4 games. When will the firings begin?

Ovechkin has 9 goals in 5 games. I guess a 164 game season is not in the cards. But he only needs 41 in the next 33 games to break Gretzky's unbreakable record. If he does that he can do whatever crazy dance around his stick and I won't mind.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Three Senators players among the top 7 +/- with Ryan leading the league with +9, Stone and Brassard tied for 4th with +7.

Bobby Ryan for the Selke?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:26 pm

wprager wrote:Montreal without a regulation win after 4 games. When will the firings begin?

Ovechkin has 9 goals in 5 games.  I guess a 164 game season is not in the cards. But he only needs 41 in the next 33 games to break Gretzky's unbreakable record.  If he does that he can do whatever crazy dance around his stick and I won't mind.

Pretty incredible that he has 9 goals already. Anything is possible, especially with the slashing calls so far.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 pm

That line is leading the NHL with 10 points each.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:55 am