You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

I guess I missed a lot of movies over time so I sometimes go back in time to see what I missed... Last horror flick I saw was The Prowler (1981). It was quite good.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

My daughter - who is still 14 for another month - love horror. She saw Carrie (remake) at a sleepover birthday party when she must have been 11 or near there. That's how it started, now she and her best friend pretty much look for those movies.

Last night they were going to try either Jigsaw or Happy Death Day (her friend really wanted Jigsaw but she's short and would never pass for 18).

Anyhow, I won't see her until tomorrow (two night sleepover) so I can't say.

If you want to go old school, have you seen The Ring?

Even older, how about Stephen Carpenter's The Thing. Great movie, not as scary perhaps but very good.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Coyotes lose again, tie an NHL record for most losses to start a season.

Habs score 5 for second time in 3 games. But Price giving up 4 on 26 shots has to be a huge concern. He's been well below average.

Leafs lost again. Now sit third in the Division behind the Bolts and Sens. Wait, what? Sens are ahead of the Team of Destiny?

Kings pull goalie in OT (0.9 second to go) and Toffoli scores a half second later to win it.

Lightning lose as Kicherov and Stamkos are held off the score sheet. Now there's only one team in the East with only one regulation loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Don't look now, but Ottawa is 4 points back of Tampa, with a game in hand.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

My daughter - who is still 14 for another month - love horror. She saw Carrie (remake) at a sleepover birthday party when she must have been 11 or near there. That's how it started, now she and her best friend pretty much look for those movies.

Last night they were going to try either Jigsaw or Happy Death Day (her friend really wanted Jigsaw but she's short and would never pass for 18).

Anyhow, I won't see her until tomorrow (two night sleepover) so I can't say.

If you want to go old school, have you seen The Ring?

Even older, how about Stephen Carpenter's The Thing.  Great movie, not as scary perhaps but very good.


Yeah, have seen The Ring, have seen The Thing, but haven't seen The Prowler. Maybe I'll check that out. My wife and I watched Gerald's Game (it's on Netflix I think) last night. A pretty crazy movie, but some great dark comedy along with a pretty intense story. Pretty weird, but quite good too. It's based on a Stephen King novel, so there ya go.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

My daughter - who is still 14 for another month - love horror. She saw Carrie (remake) at a sleepover birthday party when she must have been 11 or near there. That's how it started, now she and her best friend pretty much look for those movies.

Last night they were going to try either Jigsaw or Happy Death Day (her friend really wanted Jigsaw but she's short and would never pass for 18).

Anyhow, I won't see her until tomorrow (two night sleepover) so I can't say.

If you want to go old school, have you seen The Ring?

Even older, how about Stephen Carpenter's The Thing.  Great movie, not as scary perhaps but very good.


Yeah, have seen The Ring, have seen The Thing, but haven't seen The Prowler.  Maybe I'll check that out.  My wife and I watched Gerald's Game (it's on Netflix I think) last night.  A pretty crazy movie, but some great dark comedy along with a pretty intense story.  Pretty weird, but quite good too.  It's based on a Stephen King novel, so there ya go.

That Stephen King is always writing stuff, isn't he?!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Him and the other Stephen (Haw)king are quite prolific.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Backes out 8 weeks after colon surgery.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's a pain in the arse! General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 164414

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brian Boyle in the lineup tonight (leukemia).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Brian Boyle in the lineup tonight (leukemia).

Wow, that's amazing. He's actually playing?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Brian Boyle in the lineup tonight (leukemia).

Wow, that's amazing.  He's actually playing?

Yep, he played 15 minutes. I generally have hated this guy since the whole punching Karlsson in the face/turtling against Carkner thing, but good for him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Leafs lose, Habs lose, Sens win. All is right in the universe today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Leafs lose, Habs lose, Sens win.  All is right in the universe today.

Taking a wider look around the Atlantic, Tampa and Florida and Detroit also lost (although Tampa grabbed a loser point). Boston won and Buffalo was off.

5 points back of Tampa with a game in hand. Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Much like the Leafs beginning several years ago, the long road to the bottom for Montreal will be VERY enjoyable.  Resigning Price was a huge mistake, although I understand why they did it.

Not a mistake. They had to re-sign Price. It would be the same as Ottawa not re-signing Karlsson.

What really hurt them was re-signing Galchenyuk to his ludicrous contract and putting him on the 4th line. It's been a ticking time-bomb in Mtl since they traded Subban. They haven't addressed their #1 center issue for a few years now. Fact is they're not very good.


Carey Price is going to be 38 and still getting $10.5M per season.  There's no other goalie getting paid anywhere close to that.  Also, Price has had some concerning injury issues.  I know it would've taken a massive set of balls to trade Price at some point last season or this season, but I think it would've been the best way for the Canadiens to move forward.  Get a couple great assets for him (and/or use the $$ to resign Radulov or whoever) and remake the team a bit.  Man, they could've tried to get Fleury from Pittsburgh for nothing.  

The best case scenario with Price is that he plays great and continually makes them a playoff bubble team.

The Habs also have Charlie Lindgren (23 yrs old) in the AHL who is one of the best goalies on the planet not in the NHL.  

For those keeping track (nobody), Lindgren played his first game of the season for the Habs the other night and posted a shutout.  He's starting for them again tonight against Vegas as Price is injured (as I mentioned in my old post above, injuries are a concern with Price).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Much like the Leafs beginning several years ago, the long road to the bottom for Montreal will be VERY enjoyable.  Resigning Price was a huge mistake, although I understand why they did it.

Not a mistake. They had to re-sign Price. It would be the same as Ottawa not re-signing Karlsson.

What really hurt them was re-signing Galchenyuk to his ludicrous contract and putting him on the 4th line. It's been a ticking time-bomb in Mtl since they traded Subban. They haven't addressed their #1 center issue for a few years now. Fact is they're not very good.


Carey Price is going to be 38 and still getting $10.5M per season.  There's no other goalie getting paid anywhere close to that.  Also, Price has had some concerning injury issues.  I know it would've taken a massive set of balls to trade Price at some point last season or this season, but I think it would've been the best way for the Canadiens to move forward.  Get a couple great assets for him (and/or use the $$ to resign Radulov or whoever) and remake the team a bit.  Man, they could've tried to get Fleury from Pittsburgh for nothing.  

The best case scenario with Price is that he plays great and continually makes them a playoff bubble team.

The Habs also have Charlie Lindgren (23 yrs old) in the AHL who is one of the best goalies on the planet not in the NHL.  

For those keeping track (nobody), Lindgren played his first game of the season for the Habs the other night and posted a shutout.  He's starting for them again tonight against Vegas as Price is injured (as I mentioned in my old post above, injuries are a concern with Price).

Charlie Lindgren with another good performance for Montreal and a W last night, giving up two goals.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've been listening to hockey central at noon on podcasts lately because there just isn't enough good sens podcasts but man, I had never realized how much of a tool Kyprios is! I realize he's trying to inflame people but he just comes off as an idiot! 
It's bad enough how reactionary they are with the leafs but he's so unknowledged about the situation with the sens and other teams. It's no wonder fan bases are uneducated when this is the state of the media

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I don't bother listening to any of them

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum