General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17024
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:If you want to get there early the free shuttle from the restaurant may not be early enough. Call and ask to be sure.
    Yeah maybe eh?

Maybe well just try the huntman dealers or walk from the Sensplex. If were lucky it might still be warm. Its not December yet

Zero degrees and snowing/raining this Saturday. Enjoy.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14113
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:01 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:If you want to get there early the free shuttle from the restaurant may not be early enough. Call and ask to be sure.
    Yeah maybe eh?

Maybe well just try the huntman dealers or walk from the Sensplex. If were lucky it might still be warm. Its not December yet

Zero degrees and snowing/raining this Saturday. Enjoy.

Hahaha. Aw Dung. I guess well see when we get near what its like.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Poor Methot. Out 4-6 weeks with a knee problem. Zero points (not that that's his game anyway). Playing on a mediocre team going nowhere. I feel bad for the guy who legitimately did not want to leave Ottawa.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

From TSN:

The Anaheim Ducks have acquired centres Adam Henrique and Joseph Blandisi along with a 2018 third-round draft pick from the New Jersey Devils for defenceman Sami Vatanen and a conditional draft pick.
    ------

Nice upgrade for the Devils' blueline. Nice add for the Ducks who have injuries up front. The old "hockey trade".
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm

tim1_2 wrote:From TSN:

The Anaheim Ducks have acquired centres Adam Henrique and Joseph Blandisi along with a 2018 third-round draft pick from the New Jersey Devils for defenceman Sami Vatanen and a conditional draft pick.
    ------

Nice upgrade for the Devils' blueline. Nice add for the Ducks who have injuries up front. The old "hockey trade".

Wow. Thats a nice big trade. NJ addressing an area of need. Lets just hope the loss of Henrique doesnt hurt them the way loosing Turris did.

Who in all honesty thinks that wed be suffering a 7 game loss had Turris stayed here?
    Not blaming this really on Duchene but this has definitely hurt the chemistry that the team had. Its also sad that the teams chemistry can be hurt so easily. This team is fragile.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21415
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

------

Wow. Thats a nice big trade. NJ addressing an area of need. Lets just hope the loss of Henrique doesnt hurt them the way loosing Turris did.

Who in all honesty thinks that wed be suffering a 7 game loss had Turris stayed here?
    Not blaming this really on Duchene but this has definitely hurt the chemistry that the team had. Its also sad that the teams chemistry can be hurt so easily. This team is fragile.

There's literally no way of answering this,and if you say "we wouldn't have loss 7 straight with Turris, then it's a ridiculous statement. IMO Turris didn't even have much chemistry with most forwards.

This trade wasn't meant for the short-term (as in three weeks) anyway.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

------

There's literally no way of answering this,and if you say "we wouldn't have loss 7 straight with Turris, then it's a ridiculous statement. IMO Turris didn't even have much chemistry with most forwards.

This trade wasn't meant for the short-term (as in three weeks) anyway.
    i agree. It was made to help us resign karlsson and win in the playoffs this and next year and hopefully fir a few years to come.
    My problem is Im not sure was that great at being a Center. I think hes more productive at wing playing with another great centre. Hes shown some great noved over the last 7 games but more often than not they are individual plays so can/does his wingers benefit from playing with him? Im not sure. I think Turris might have been better in that respect. I hope we manage to keep both lats And duchene but the sooner duche moves to the wing (playing with a great C)the better well be I think.
    As for winning now... well that aint working.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2193
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Brown and White are both projected at centre. I imagine we'll see Brass and Brown at centre with Duch on a wing in a couple years. If White has enough offence he might be moved to top 6 winger, if not he replaces JGP.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Oglethorpe wrote:Brown and White are both projected at centre. I imagine we'll see Brass and Brown at centre with Duch on a wing in a couple years. If White has enough offence he might be moved to top 6 winger, if not he replaces JGP.

Yeah but thats exactly it. Brown might be a number 2 C in a couple of years. I have white being a top 6 RW if hes a top 6 or as you say maybe a 3rd line C. Some are calling him a Patrice Bergeron lite center so who knows. But its still a few years ago. I think the time to win is now. (And in a few years)
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49049
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Brown won't be 2LC in two years. He's in Junior the rest of this season and will start in Belleville next October. With that large frame when he bulks up he'll need more time to get his speed up to NHL levels. His upside is huge but it is going to take a while getting there.

White is a lot closer, but more likely a 3LC.

Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Oglethorpe on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:08 pm

wprager wrote:Brown won't be 2LC in two years. He's in Junior the rest of this season and will start in Belleville next October. With that large frame when he bulks up he'll need more time to get his speed up to NHL levels. His upside is huge but it is going to take a while getting there.

White is a lot closer, but more likely a 3LC.
    Let's make a bet right now. Brown, barring more injuries, is in the top 6 in 2 years.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Again, we need a bet thread.. or was there one a while back?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am

I don't bet, but this one wouldn't be betting, really.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:00 am

Another Saturday without a Sens evening game. We've had one Saturday night since we played the Leafs October 21. That's 1 out of 6.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55160
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:06 am

It depends on how he trains this off season, but I could see brown centering Duchene in 2 years
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Oglethorpe on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Just look at the contracts. Year 2 for Stone, Duch, EK, Brass on new deals. It's all setup for Brown as the 2LC.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Got our puppy, finally. Was supposed to be 2 weeks ago but with Bobby scoring last night I guess it worked out. Took her to the pet store to get fitted for a collar and harness and ran into Ian Mendes and his whole crew. My daughter was geeking out.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 pm

wprager wrote:Got our puppy, finally. Was supposed to be 2 weeks ago but with Bobby scoring last night I guess it worked out. Took her to the pet store to get fitted for a collar and harness and ran into Ian Mendes and his whole crew. My daughter was geeking out.

Well thats a coincidence. You should call the puppy Mendes Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm