General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1924
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Oglethorpe on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Just look at the contracts. Year 2 for Stone, Duch, EK, Brass on new deals. It's all setup for Brown as the 2LC.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Got our puppy, finally. Was supposed to be 2 weeks ago but with Bobby scoring last night I guess it worked out. Took her to the pet store to get fitted for a collar and harness and ran into Ian Mendes and his whole crew. My daughter was geeking out.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13364
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 pm

wprager wrote:Got our puppy, finally. Was supposed to be 2 weeks ago but with Bobby scoring last night I guess it worked out. Took her to the pet store to get fitted for a collar and harness and ran into Ian Mendes and his whole crew. My daughter was geeking out.

Well thats a coincidence. You should call the puppy Mendes Sarcasm
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm

It's funny though, I was thinking "I know this guy" but from working in high tech and two kids in house league I "know" half of Kanata. It didn't click that it was Mendes until I saw his wife.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Going to the Flames Vs Flyers game tomorrow with my little man. His first game since we saw the Sens play the Flyers back in 2015.

- Unknown Author
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

The Sabres are going to waive Matt Moulson and are also taking calls on both their goalies apparently.

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-goalies-garnering-trade-interest-1.933767

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-to-place-moulson-on-waivers-1.933714
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13624

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Grab Lehner again? LOL

- Unknown Author
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:51 pm

tim1_2 wrote:The Sabres are going to waive Matt Moulson and are also taking calls on both their goalies apparently.

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-goalies-garnering-trade-interest-1.933767

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-to-place-moulson-on-waivers-1.933714

Id be surprised if Moulson gets picked up.
    As far as goalies go, I think weve made our bed.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm

I really thought Lehner was going to be great, but I think he's just too much of a head case. That was a good trade we made, when we dealt him to Buffalo.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:02 pm

tim1_2 wrote:I really thought Lehner was going to be great, but I think he's just too much of a head case. That was a good trade we made, when we dealt him to Buffalo.

From where we stand yes. White is likely going to be a good NHLer but lets wait till he actually plays a season to declare victory.

Speaking of, we could probably use one of our hungry rookies coming up. Chomp at the rear of some our vets. White might just be that guy.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Bring up White to play 3LC, move Pageau up to 2LC and let Duchene cut loose on the wing.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 pm

wprager wrote:Bring up White to play 3LC, move Pageau up to 2LC and let Duchene cut loose on the wing.

I personally wish duchene would be moved to the wing but I think that puts us thin at Center. Maybe white can be put on C but thats a bit if, and we all know how tentative Boucher is with young guys.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 am

Pageau has been really average this year. Very disappointing
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:29 pm

PTFlea wrote:Pageau has been really average this year. Very disappointing
    To be fair the whole team has been meh apart from stone. Just look at Pageaus linemates.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Russia's been barred from the Olympics. "Clean" Russian athletes can compete under the Olympic flag/anthem. So if they send a hockey team, it'll be "Olympic" vs Russian. So weird.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Strong move. But when was the last time Russians win anything in Olympics hockey? Nothing since the Bronze in Salt Lake City.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Oh, crap, I didn't realize it was every door. I thought it was just hockey.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:56 am

Looks like the salary cap will go up $3M next year, which should help the Sens in their quest to resign guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 am