You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Strong move. But when was the last time Russians win anything in Olympics hockey? Nothing since the Bronze in Salt Lake City.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Oh, crap, I didn't realize it was every door. I thought it was just hockey.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Looks like the salary cap will go up $3M next year, which should help the Sens in their quest to resign guys.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Looks like the salary cap will go up $3M next year, which should help the Sens in their quest to resign guys.

Yeah, you couldnít get a better timing. Even though two of these signing donít go into effect for another year.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/rumour-mill-major-pens-trade-on-the-horizon-1.943527

Maybe we make a deal with the Pens. Crysby for Ceci. Straight up.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I caught the Caps/Avs game in Washington this week. A few observations:

1) Their arena was right downtown. The stadium was empty for the first 10-15 minutes of the first period but was completely full afterward. The bars surrounding the area were all packed; similar to what we get at Red Blacks games with Lansdowne.

2) The in-game experience was meh. They had no live band, the music was bland, no hokey events during intermission, etc. But the fans were loud and really into the game. I guess this goes hand in hand when your team wins.

3) I think the most important thing to note was the age of the fans. In Ottawa you get the 'family' crowd. I think the average 'family' is finding the games to be too expensive. In Washington, the average age from what I saw was around 25-30 years old. The crowd was very young and very engaged. Probably due to the fact that it was right downtown. People in Washington tend to live in the suburbs.

4) Concessions were more expensive than Ottawa. A shot of moonshine was $13 USD and a Papa Jean mini pan-pizza (just cheese) was $10 USD. Beer was the standard $10 USD. However, my ticket (nosebleeds) was $6 USD and I moved to standing room in the 100s.

Overall a very different dynamic. With the move to LeBreton I am hopeful that a younger crowd goes to the game. It created a lot of buzz and energy. And with better accessibility and public transit I hope people feel as though they can drink and enjoy themselves before and afterward. The big draw as well was the number of people who showed up before the game and bought tickets at the arena. I anticipate less than 1% of ticket sales are bought at the arena in Ottawa. Having a more central arena, albeit still not right downtown, will hopefully lead to this as will the other venues and attractions at LeBreton.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I caught the Caps/Avs game in Washington this week. A few observations:

1) Their arena was right downtown. The stadium was empty for the first 10-15 minutes of the first period but was completely full afterward. The bars surrounding the area were all packed; similar to what we get at Red Blacks games with Lansdowne.

2) The in-game experience was meh. They had no live band, the music was bland, no hokey events during intermission, etc. But the fans were loud and really into the game. I guess this goes hand in hand when your team wins.

3) I think the most important thing to note was the age of the fans. In Ottawa you get the 'family' crowd. I think the average 'family' is finding the games to be too expensive. In Washington, the average age from what I saw was around 25-30 years old. The crowd was very young and very engaged. Probably due to the fact that it was right downtown. People in Washington tend to live in the suburbs.

4) Concessions were more expensive than Ottawa. A shot of moonshine was $13 USD and a Papa Jean mini pan-pizza (just cheese) was $10 USD. Beer was the standard $10 USD. However, my ticket (nosebleeds) was $6 USD and I moved to standing room in the 100s.

Overall a very different dynamic. With the move to LeBreton I am hopeful that a younger crowd goes to the game. It created a lot of buzz and energy. And with better accessibility and public transit I hope people feel as though they can drink and enjoy themselves before and afterward. The big draw as well was the number of people who showed up before the game and bought tickets at the arena. I anticipate less than 1% of ticket sales are bought at the arena in Ottawa. Having a more central arena, albeit still not right downtown, will hopefully lead to this as will the other venues and attractions at LeBreton.
youre probably right.
Montreal benefits from those exact same things. The crowd is 50% or over people in their 20ís or 30ís.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Scheifele out 6-8 weeks with UBI.

Kreider out indefinitely after blood clot discovered in his arm. Will be gone a couple months, at least.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I wonder what the cost would be to acquire Anthony Duclair. Not sure for the sens but in general.
His stock has been in steady decline.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I wonder what the cost would be to acquire Anthony Duclair. Not sure for the sens but in general.
His stock has been in steady decline.

The problem is Arizona would also want "futures" back...it's not like we'd be trading them Zack Smith or anything.

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe Nick Paul

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:Maybe Nick Paul
That would be good

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
How is Montoya worth a 5th or a 4rth?

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Maybe Nick Paul
That would be good
I think Iíd rather have nick Paul.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Maybe Nick Paul
That would be good
I think Iíd rather have nick Paul.
Upside with duclair is 2nd line Winger, †upside with Paul (at this moment) is 3rd line wing. If he makes the league. Both players could use a change of scenery.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Remember when I said Jagr was done before the seasons started?

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Remember when I said Jagr was done before the seasons started?

Yeah, good call.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Remember when I said Jagr was done before the seasons started?

I also remember when you said we were signing Danny Briere, and you also said Toronto would miss the playoffs this year.

The good news for Jagr is he can go play in the Olympics (assuming his contract in Calgary gets terminated) and then he can sign another contract after that.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum