General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21542
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Remember when I said Jagr was done before the seasons started?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14353
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Ev wrote:Remember when I said Jagr was done before the seasons started?

Yeah, good call.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17170
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 pm

I also remember when you said we were signing Danny Briere, and you also said Toronto would miss the playoffs this year.

The good news for Jagr is he can go play in the Olympics (assuming his contract in Calgary gets terminated) and then he can sign another contract after that.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 am

So jack Johnson asked for a trade. Second time in his career iirc. Will be a UFA this summer. Could he be a decent pick up in the summer? Shoots left plays both sides. 31. I dont watch much Columbus games so I cant answer if hes still really a top 4 D
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

I also remember when you said we were signing Danny Briere, and you also said Toronto would miss the playoffs this year.

The good news for Jagr is he can go play in the Olympics (assuming his contract in Calgary gets terminated) and then he can sign another contract after that.

Thats completely different. Anybody who knows hockey knows he was doen
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49342
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 am

Philip Danault took a Chara slapper to the head. Had to be stretchered off. Apparently he's ok but keep in the hospital overnight. They stopped the period with about a minute and a half left and tacked it on to the start of the next one. Scary stuff.

Of course the Habs fans booed Chara every time he touched the puck after that.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So jack Johnson asked for a trade. Second time in his career iirc. Will be a UFA this summer. Could he be a decent pick up in the summer? Shoots left plays both sides. 31. I dont watch much Columbus games so I cant answer if hes still really a top 4 D

The 6th Sens suggested Ottawa explore a Johnson for Phaneuf type deal....
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:So jack Johnson asked for a trade. Second time in his career iirc. Will be a UFA this summer. Could he be a decent pick up in the summer? Shoots left plays both sides. 31. I dont watch much Columbus games so I cant answer if hes still really a top 4 D

The 6th Sens suggested Ottawa explore a Johnson for Phaneuf type deal....

Well thats the 6th Sens.

But if you could do that move thats a no brainer.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:09 pm

In addition to Danault taking a Chara slapper to the head, Bellemarre took a Darnell Nurse shot up high. Shattered his visor and cut him up. He returned later.

Same game, Milan Lucic took a skate to the jugular. Later he tweeted a picture showing 9 stitches.

Rough night.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:26 am

F'ing Vegas man. Wow. Even their management has gotta be shocked with how well the team is doing.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm

it's really hard to take the NHL seriously with this whole Vegas rigging.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 am

I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

Its too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesnt seem like weve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.
    Looks like it might die out... sad.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Vegas will get trounced in the first round when the owners of the Western Conference teams say enough is enough.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:41 pm

wprager wrote:Vegas will get trounced in the first round when the owners of the Western Conference teams say enough is enough.
    Wasnt vegas guaranteed some sort of lottery pick as part of their expansion deal even if they made the playoffs?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm

I believe you are correct.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Actually I think you and I were thinking of the 2017 draft where they were given the 3rd overall pick.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

I thought that extended past the last draft.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Post by Lagoon on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

Its too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesnt seem like weve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.
    Looks like it might die out... sad.

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct members out. Markstrom is a bust...Anderson wont be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk wont be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

The list goes on and on...

You guys wanted the clique and you got it. Pretty lonely isnt it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 am