General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Actually I think you and I were thinking of the 2017 draft where they were given the 3rd overall pick.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

I thought that extended past the last draft.

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 833
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Post by Lagoon on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

It’s too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesn’t seem like we’ve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.
    Looks like it might die out... sad.

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct members out. “Markstrom is a bust...Anderson won’t be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk won’t be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

The list goes on and on...

You guys wanted the clique and you got it. Pretty lonely isn’t it.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:24 pm

New user or just new user name. Hmm.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21499
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

It’s too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesn’t seem like we’ve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct  members out. “Markstrom is a bust...Anderson won’t be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk won’t be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

Lol chill man, just say who you really are

Nobody here claims they are 100% right. Neely was the only guy to do that

Also Markstrom is a bust and literally novody thought Vegas wouldn’t suck
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Hey, Lagoon, how do you feel about the Oilers?

(Yeah, I'm just going fishing.)

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17129
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Lagoon wrote:

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct  members out. “Markstrom is a bust...Anderson won’t be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk won’t be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

Ohhhhhh intrigue. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

The main reason it's quieter than normal in here is because this season is toast and there really isn't much to discuss.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Mike Fisher is un-retiring and joining the Preds soon for the playoff push......interesting.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm

I love the Preds roster even more now.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 am

Lagoon wrote:I love the Preds roster even more now.

Yep, lots to like there. Deep down the middle, great D, great goalie....yowza.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:48 pm

It’s the easy choice picking the press to make a repeat to the finals looking at their roster. They didn’t lose much and they’re likely to add another top 6 forward before the trade deadline. But how often do those scenarios happen?
    I could see st-Louis making the finals. Not winning the cup but at least the finals. I’ll make better predictions as we near the end of the season though. Injuries always play the biggest part in who makes it and who doesn’t.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 pm

We must be seeing different teams here. I don't like the Preds down the middle. Ryan Johansen has been a massive disappointment, Kyle Turris is average and is currently ice cold, and now a retired guy is gonna step in as their #3? I don't see the depth down the middle to challenge top teams, but they should win a round at least.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:30 am

Ev wrote:We must be seeing different teams here. I don't like the Preds down the middle. Ryan Johansen has been a massive disappointment, Kyle Turris is average and is currently ice cold, and now a retired guy is gonna step in as their #3? I don't see the depth down the middle to challenge top teams, but they should win a round at least.

Johansen hasn't scored a ton, but still has 31 points this year. Johansen also had 13 points in 14 games in the playoffs last year. Turris may be cold now, but I don't expect that to last. Plus he seems to perform well in the playoffs. The 3rd line centre is Bonino who has been doing quite well and also that that sweet playoff pedigree. I would expect Fisher to start as their 4th line C. So no true start power down the middle, but very solid, and great playoff experience.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Nash had to submit his no trade list. He'll likely be dealt. Lundqvist says he wants to stay with the Rags though.

Man, even if Ottawa was having a good year, it'd be tough to get past the Bruins or Lightning at this point. Both teams are playing so well.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 am

wprager wrote:Hey, Lagoon, how do you feel about the Oilers?

(Yeah, I'm just going fishing.)

Oilers need better defence thanks in part to Klefbom’s regression and Sekera’s injury. Their forward depth is atrocious compounded with Draisaitl playing almost useless.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Ohhhhhh intrigue.   Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

The main reason it's quieter than normal in here is because this season is toast and there really isn't much to discuss.  

My opinion is different than your opinion that the main reason this site is quiet is because the Sens haven’t been having a better season. Other Sens sites are flourishing this time of year.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Ohhhhhh intrigue.   Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

My opinion is different than your opinion that the main reason this site is quiet is because the Sens haven’t been having a better season. Other Sens sites are flourishing this time of year.

Most other sens sites (or hfboards type sotes$ are just filled with hive mind circle jerks that add nothing of value. Sens fans on the internet are some of the most negative losers I have ever come across
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 pm

With an owner like Melnyk I think they have a very good reason to be negative.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 am