General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 538
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

Itís too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesnít seem like weíve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.
    Looks like it might die out... sad.

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct †members out. ďMarkstrom is a bust...Anderson wonít be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk wonít be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

The list goes on and on...

You guys wanted the clique and you got it. Pretty lonely isnít it.

Ohhhhhh intrigue. † Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

The main reason it's quieter than normal in here is because this season is toast and there really isn't much to discuss. †

My opinion is different than your opinion that the main reason this site is quiet is because the Sens havenít been having a better season. Other Sens sites are flourishing this time of year.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21266
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I know this season is dying on us faster than we can say die but this board seems to be losing posters even faster.

Itís too bad. Used to be enough good talk on here to keep me away from the other mediocre forums out there. It doesnít seem like weíve been able to draw more people on here in the last few years.

The reason it is dying out is because you have users that state their opinion as fact and when proven wrong, try to push the new and correct †members out. ďMarkstrom is a bust...Anderson wonít be a Sen in 2016...Briere will be a Sen...Datsyuk wonít be in the Olympics so there is that...Vegas will suck...

The main reason it's quieter than normal in here is because this season is toast and there really isn't much to discuss. †

My opinion is different than your opinion that the main reason this site is quiet is because the Sens havenít been having a better season. Other Sens sites are flourishing this time of year.

Most other sens sites (or hfboards type sotes$ are just filled with hive mind circle jerks that add nothing of value. Sens fans on the internet are some of the most negative losers I have ever come across

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48781
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 pm

With an owner like Melnyk I think they have a very good reason to be negative.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Lagoon on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Most other sens sites (or hfboards type sotes$ are just filled with hive mind circle jerks that add nothing of value. Sens fans on the internet are some of the most negative losers I have ever come across

Iíd rather a circle jerk with 10,000 various members talking about the Sens where I can filter what I read, as opposed to a site of 10 members where all I read from 2 or 3 members is that their Dung doesnít stink even though itís been proven to stink all along. You are the worst actually. Hyperbole and actually pretending to know more than any of the 31 GMís.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm

wprager wrote:With an owner like Melnyk I think they have a very good reason to be negative.

He needs to sell. I hope he does. So many good hockey minds have left him for what seems like no reason and to go nowhere else. They just leave and say screw it. Iím out.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13826
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Iíd rather a circle jerk with 10,000 various members talking about the Sens where I can filter what I read, as opposed to a site of 10 members where all I read from 2 or 3 members is that their Dung doesnít stink even though itís been proven to stink all along. You are the worst actually. Hyperbole and actually pretending to know more than any of the 31 GMís.

Well Ev is a special case but most of us just donít care when he thinks heís extra right. Thatís his right to think that. We donít make a fuss about it and leave. We just ram in all the examples of times when he has been wrong. Poke poke... Laugh1

I guess what Ev is trying to say is itís best not to have a circle jerk because we may all have different opinions and that enriches the discussion. Even if we donít all get along. At least thereís value to the conversations and everyone on here is fairly knowledge on hockey, the sens and beyond. Less garbage to sift through.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Lmao ok dude. Again say who you really are ( or be a coward ). When have I ever said I know more than GMs? In fact I am always siding with the GM and coach as I donít have the same kind of knowledge as they do

If you hate this site then donít bother posting. Itís not that hard
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    wprager wrote:With an owner like Melnyk I think they have a very good reason to be negative.

He needs to sell. I hope he does. So many good hockey minds have left him for what seems like no reason and to go nowhere else. They just leave and say screw it. Iím out.

Like who? Alfredsson is the only one who comes to mind
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:

Lmao ok dude. Again say who you really are ( or be a coward ). When have I ever said I know more than GMs? In fact I am always siding with the GM and coach as I donít have the same kind of knowledge as they do

If you hate this site then donít bother posting. Itís not that hard

Iím not the one that says the game is a joke and you are never watching again. And your latest Olympic boycott is more hyperbole just like all your posts where you state facts that have no basis and/or never come true.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Munch

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2321
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

What did I miss here? holy....
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48781
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Clearly, Lagoon is a former member. Haven't figured out who.

Isn't it against regulations to get a second handle? Grounds for banning?

Last edited by wprager on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Meh. I donít care. If someone old wants back in let them in. The more the merrier, even if we canít all agree.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:30 pm

wprager wrote:Clearly, Lagoon is a former member. Haven't figured out who.

Isn't it against regulations to get a second handle? Grounds for having?

Already taking about suppressing a new member? Sweet. Yup, it is against the regulations to get more members that call out Dung and clique members. I talk more Sens around a Toronto water cooler than the current 9 members do here.

Enjoy all the information some members pretend are fact and swallow it all even when it never happens or ever even could.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

Lagoon wrote:
    wprager wrote:Clearly, Lagoon is a former member. Haven't figured out who.

Isn't it against regulations to get a second handle? Grounds for having?

Already taking about suppressing a new member? Sweet. Yup, it is against the regulations to get more members that call out Dung and clique members. I talk more Sens around a Toronto water cooler than the current 9 members do here.

Enjoy all the information some members pretend are fact and swallow it all even when it never happens or ever even could.
    You realize youíre just as bad as the things youíre complaining about? Contribute something instead of pissing and moaning about how bad this site is. Or go back to youíre water cooler if itís providing you so much insight. This little infighting over who said what and how much goes on in here is getting old.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I have contributed. Check my posts.

Anytime Iíve mentioned any fighting is when members have alluded to me being someone else or attempts to establish their opinion as fact. Seems pretty clear you guys are happy with your minuscule active members count and conversation when anyone new even attempts to join. No wonder this site is a graveyard.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Lagoon wrote:I have contributed. Check my posts.

Anytime Iíve mentioned any fighting is when members have alluded to me being someone else. Seems pretty clear you guys are happy with your minuscule active members count and conversation when anyone new even attempts to join. No wonder this site is a graveyard.

Personally I don't care who doesn't or does post or join, but I don't see how somebody would find this site today without being a previous member lol
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I definitely didnít search ďthe most intelligent discussions on the webĒ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 am