You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:If we could shed Ryan’s salary, hand it all to Kovalchuk. I’d be happy.

I'm not sure how we ditch Ryan without trading Karlsson. If we trade Ryan + Karlsson, we're in a rebuild, and I don't really want to sign a 35 year old Kovalchuk.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Along the same lines as Phaneuf. Dorion has shown he can be creative.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Kovalcuk will sign in one of NJ, NYI, NYR or Phil.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Along the same lines as Phaneuf. Dorion has shown he can be creative.

With Phaneuf, we traded a fairly bad, long contract for an extremely bad, short term contract (kind of what the reverse of what the Leafs did to us with Phaneuf originally). So the only way we get rid of Ryan is by taking a bad contract back (or by trading him with Karlsson) in which case we're not exactly going to have the budget to sign Kovalchuk short term anyway.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:If we could shed Ryan’s salary, hand it all to Kovalchuk. I’d be happy.

I'm not sure how we ditch Ryan without trading Karlsson.  If we trade Ryan + Karlsson, we're in a rebuild, and I don't really want to sign a 35 year old Kovalchuk.

Besides the opinion that we will likely lose Kalrsson Anyways, there’s apperently talk that Vegas could take on Ryan’s contract even without a kalrsson trade. Of course we’d have to pay for them to take it on but yeah. I personally think with Ryan it should either be buyout or keeping him. We aren’t up against the cap, we shouldn’t have to trade assets to be rid of his Contract. That’s just a cheap ownership move.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ahahaha Eugene's gonna be so jealous:

https://www.tsn.ca/seattle-hockey-fans-scoop-up-25-000-season-ticket-deposits-in-half-an-hour-1.1015000

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Ahahaha Eugene's gonna be so jealous:

https://www.tsn.ca/seattle-hockey-fans-scoop-up-25-000-season-ticket-deposits-in-half-an-hour-1.1015000
Totally crazy how fast they’ve locked deposits on season tickets. Good for them!

On another note, good luck Quebec City ever achieving that. Relocation is their only choice.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Interesting NHLPA poll results:

https://www.tsn.ca/the-players-have-spoken-crosby-mcdavid-headline-nhlpa-poll-1.1020078

Categories include things like which coach would players most like to play for....

And another interesting article on a "Pick your opponent" playoff format, which I would 100% endorse:

https://www.tsn.ca/minor-hockey-league-to-use-pick-your-playoff-opponent-format-1.1019842

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Arizona wins again. I’m worried about jumping ahead of Vancouver, but at the same time I think Arizona will leapfrog us. 2nd or 3rd last looks probable to me.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Montreal is the biggest threat right now, especially without Pacioretty and Price. And yes, Vancouver is a threat as well.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
They should tell Karlsson to just go out and try to get as many points as he can, chasing down Klinberg. Goals Against be damned.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.

So you're saying there is a chance for ... Bobby?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.

So you're saying there is a chance for ... Bobby?

Not a freaking chance.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ah, but a non-freaking chance is still a go!

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Leafs lose Andersen to injury last night....hopefully it's season ending!

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Nice trade by the Oilers to grab Marody.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Who?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum