General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16939
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am

Lagoon wrote:If we could shed Ryan’s salary, hand it all to Kovalchuk. I’d be happy.

I'm not sure how we ditch Ryan without trading Karlsson. If we trade Ryan + Karlsson, we're in a rebuild, and I don't really want to sign a 35 year old Kovalchuk.

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 621
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am

Along the same lines as Phaneuf. Dorion has shown he can be creative.

Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2132
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 am

Kovalcuk will sign in one of NJ, NYI, NYR or Phil.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Lagoon wrote:Along the same lines as Phaneuf. Dorion has shown he can be creative.

With Phaneuf, we traded a fairly bad, long contract for an extremely bad, short term contract (kind of what the reverse of what the Leafs did to us with Phaneuf originally). So the only way we get rid of Ryan is by taking a bad contract back (or by trading him with Karlsson) in which case we're not exactly going to have the budget to sign Kovalchuk short term anyway.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13946
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:If we could shed Ryan’s salary, hand it all to Kovalchuk. I’d be happy.

I'm not sure how we ditch Ryan without trading Karlsson.  If we trade Ryan + Karlsson, we're in a rebuild, and I don't really want to sign a 35 year old Kovalchuk.

Besides the opinion that we will likely lose Kalrsson Anyways, there’s apperently talk that Vegas could take on Ryan’s contract even without a kalrsson trade. Of course we’d have to pay for them to take it on but yeah. I personally think with Ryan it should either be buyout or keeping him. We aren’t up against the cap, we shouldn’t have to trade assets to be rid of his Contract. That’s just a cheap ownership move.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Ahahaha Eugene's gonna be so jealous:

https://www.tsn.ca/seattle-hockey-fans-scoop-up-25-000-season-ticket-deposits-in-half-an-hour-1.1015000
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:34 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Ahahaha Eugene's gonna be so jealous:

https://www.tsn.ca/seattle-hockey-fans-scoop-up-25-000-season-ticket-deposits-in-half-an-hour-1.1015000
    Totally crazy how fast they’ve locked deposits on season tickets. Good for them!

On another note, good luck Quebec City ever achieving that. Relocation is their only choice.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Interesting NHLPA poll results:

https://www.tsn.ca/the-players-have-spoken-crosby-mcdavid-headline-nhlpa-poll-1.1020078

Categories include things like which coach would players most like to play for....

And another interesting article on a "Pick your opponent" playoff format, which I would 100% endorse:

https://www.tsn.ca/minor-hockey-league-to-use-pick-your-playoff-opponent-format-1.1019842
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:20 am

Arizona wins again. I’m worried about jumping ahead of Vancouver, but at the same time I think Arizona will leapfrog us. 2nd or 3rd last looks probable to me.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 am

I think Montreal is the biggest threat right now, especially without Pacioretty and Price. And yes, Vancouver is a threat as well.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48895
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

They should tell Karlsson to just go out and try to get as many points as he can, chasing down Klinberg. Goals Against be damned.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 am

Flo The Action wrote:Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.

So you're saying there is a chance for ... Bobby?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Remember when some people last Year (including on this site) thought Giroux was done and shouldn’t be traded for? Boy... weren’t they wrong.

So you're saying there is a chance for ... Bobby?

Not a freaking chance.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 am

Ah, but a non-freaking chance is still a go!

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:45 am

Leafs lose Andersen to injury last night....hopefully it's season ending!
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Nice trade by the Oilers to grab Marody.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Who?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 pm