General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 833
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Christian Ehrhoff has formally retired from the NHL after helping Germany to a silver medal at the Olympics. Buffalo still pays him $857,143 per year through to the the 2027-28 season. Not bad.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2686
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Flo The Action wrote:We are now tied in a 3 way position for 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth place. One game in hand. Its a weird feeling. Scoreboard watching other teams more than ours

I turned off the Sens game and watched the end of the Leafs/Sabres game last night. It was as excited as I've been watching hockey all year.

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:We are now tied in a 3 way position for 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth place. One game in hand. Its a weird feeling. Scoreboard watching other teams more than ours

I turned off the Sens game and watched the end of the Leafs/Sabres game last night. It was as excited as I've been watching hockey all year.

Why was it exciting? The game itself, cheering for the Sabres or a combination of both?

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2686
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Lagoon wrote:

Why was it exciting? The game itself, cheering for the Sabres or a combination of both?

Cheering for the Sabres and watching the Leafs home-game winning streak come to an end vs the worst team in the league.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Lagoon wrote:

Cheering for the Sabres and watching the Leafs home-game winning streak come to an end vs the worst team in the league.

Multi-dimensional fun.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Yes, im going to be watching Tolvanen on Saturday night. Hes on the ice in Nashville right now after signing his max-deal ELC exactly like Austin Matthews.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 pm

Go Arizona!
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:22 am

It looks like Chad Johnson will start tonight. Wilcox wont make his NHL debut. Thats actually good because goalies making their debut generally win more than they lose. Around 60% win percentage. Our boy, Taylor won his 2nd start, not his first. We will find out if he gets a chance to start his third ever game in about 10 minutes.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Lagoon wrote:It looks like Chad Johnson will start tonight. Wilcox wont make his NHL debut. Thats actually good because goalies making their debut generally win more than they lose. Around 60% win percentage. Our boy, Taylor won his 2nd start, not his first. We will find out if he gets a chance to start his third ever game in about 10 minutes.

This game alone will decide if we have a chance to fall to last place. It wont guarantee us a top 3 spot but will increase our odds significantly.

I dont know if I should watch this one...
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 am

Did you watch? Im so worried about drafting out of the top 3 and yesterdays win sucks.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Lagoon wrote:Did you watch? Im so worried about drafting out of the top 3 and yesterdays win sucks.

I did. Im also worried.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Last year, all three balls for three teams outside the bottom 4 won the lottery. If that happens again, we would pick 5th as of right now and most likely after our final two games are done. That would suck. I can see it happening.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:15 pm

We'll be picking top 3. Bank on it.

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Forgive me for not banking on something that has around an 80% chance of not happening. Last year was a perfect example of the 4 worst teams all picking 3 spots higher than they finished.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:11 am

Tank aside, what an amazing scene last night when Daniel scored the goal in overtime last night in Vancouver. Primary assist going to Henrik. Watching it, it really made me think of that moment that Alfie should have had here with us. MelnykOut I think they say.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 am

Lagoon wrote:Forgive me for not banking on something that has around an 80% chance of not happening. Last year was a perfect example of the 4 worst teams all picking 3 spots higher than they finished.

Exactly. There chances of that happening again are very low.

Yes, mathematically they are the same as last year (give or take), which is very low.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 am

Lagoon wrote:Tank aside, what an amazing scene last night when Daniel scored the goal in overtime last night in Vancouver. Primary assist going to Henrik. Watching it, it really made me think of that moment that Alfie should have had here with us. MelnykOut I think they say.

Alfie's moment came when he broke his stick and stomped the snot out of that water bottle. And when he said "probably not".

Alfredsson has only himself to blame for not being a true legacy player. He got his pride hurt by a buffoon. Let one crazy man's words trump the adoration of millions.

He got buttsore because he played his last season for $1M and did not get paid back for that. Completely forgot the fact that it was a front loaded contract, so he *did* get paid. Also he had full confidence when he signed that he would retire then and there. Instead he played for $1M and then yes more years for, what, another $9M? He got an extra $10M that he didn't expect when he first signed. And he could have gotten it all here, without moving the family.

Working for a crazy boss sucks, I know. Most of us do it for a lot less.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:40 am

Sedins had to put up with a lot more crap and handled it with way more poise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:37 pm