General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48677
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 am

Nothing's set in stone, yet, but he's no fool and knows this may have been his last game in Ottawa.

If they win the lottery I'd bet they will think the upgrade of Karlsson over Dahlin is not worth the extra salary and trade him along with Ryan.

So I'm hoping they pick second or third and take Zadina.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am

Chabot, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Claesson, Englund. What do they all have in common, besides being lefties? None of the is ready for top pairing minutes. But that's a great looking left side in a couple of years.

Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros. I think they are set on the right but, of course, one of them isn't signed and the other may be moved.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21266
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Im at the point where I think the sens would be better off trading karlsson. Im not a fan of his whole attitude this season especially when he was terrible for half of the year. I dont think he is the right fit to be captain
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13743
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Ev wrote:Im at the point where I think the sens would be better off trading karlsson. Im not a fan of his whole attitude this season especially when he was terrible for half of the year. I dont think he is the right fit to be captain

Thats a fair opinion.

I dont think Melnyk is suited to be an NHL owner and understand what it takes to run a successful sports franchise but ok.

If I hated my boss id do everything I could to work for another company.
    I d9nt blame kalrsson one iota for wanting to leave.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 pm

I never thought he'd be great as a captain. He's a good guy in the room and very intense on the ice. But he is not the most mature person on that team. It's not a huge thing and, frankly, a 'C' is still largely just a status thing and not an actual role. You have to have many leaders on the team. For the record, I didn't think Alfie was a great Captain, either.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 am

Interesting situation developing. If Boston wins by one goal in regulation or overtime they will have the exact same record as the Jets. Same for every tie breaker, too. If the two teams make it to the Finals, who gets home ice? According to the NHL website home ice in the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals is determined by regular season record, regardless of seeding.

Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 354
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Post by Lagoon on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 am

Are you serious? And I thought I had nothing to look forward to until April 28th. I hope this happens and I will now be secretly cheering for this throughout the playoffs.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 am

And for those asking d who won the ASG (not that this rule applies even in baseball anymore) it was The Pacific.

Way to keep tinkering with the rules and formats, NHL.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16821
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:21 am

I guess the playoffs start Tuesday? Should be some good round 1 matchups. Boston can take over 1st from the Lightning with 2 points today.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Not proud of it, but I'm going to love seeing the Leafs get schooled.

Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:35 am

It cant be official until July 1st, but Kovalchuk has apparently agreed to play for NYR for $6mil a year for 2-3 years.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54713
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Lagoon wrote:It cant be official until July 1st, but Kovalchuk has apparently agreed to play for NYR for $6mil a year for 2-3 years.

What a ridiculous franchise NY is. We're gonna rebuild! Yeah, sure you are.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:It cant be official until July 1st, but Kovalchuk has apparently agreed to play for NYR for $6mil a year for 2-3 years.

I couldnt believe it when they added JT Miller to the McDonaugh trade. In saying that, it is the Rangers and the allure of MSG could help them land Tavares and trade for Karlsson. They have the money and draw to be a Cup contender at any moment.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54713
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

I couldnt believe it when they added JT Miller to the McDonaugh trade. In saying that, it is the Rangers and the allure of MSG could help them land Tavares and trade for Karlsson. They have the money and draw to be a Cup contender at any moment.

That's my guess as to where Karlsson signs, maybe Tavares too, yeah.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:46 am

PTFlea wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

That's my guess as to where Karlsson signs, maybe Tavares too, yeah.

That would be crazy. I can't imagine them getting all three of those guys...maybe two? With a cap projected around $80M for next season, that gives the Rags about $30M in space to sign 8 or 9 guys. Tavares will be $11M+, Karlsson is only $6.5M for next season, and if Kovalchuk is $6M, that's $23M, leaving them with about $7M to sign five (minimum) players, including RFAs Jimmy Vesey, Ryan Spooner, Vlad Namestnikov.... All that to say, I don't see them landing all three guys, especially when you consider Karlsson's salary will close to double after next season.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 am

As part of the Karlsson trade, dont forget about adding Ryans salary too.Sarcasm
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 pm

It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. Well deserved.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2273
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm

tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. Well deserved.

TSN reporting he will be back next season. Desperate GM = trades are coming.

EDM 1st rd pick I see in our future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm