General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 354
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 am

As part of the Karlsson trade, don’t forget about adding Ryan’s salary too. Sarcasm

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16821
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 pm

It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. Well deserved.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2273
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm

tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton.  Well deserved.

TSN reporting he will be back next season. Desperate GM = trades are coming.

EDM 1st rd pick I see in our future.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Lagoon on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:17 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton.  Well deserved.

As long as Edmonton doesn’t slip 2 spots after the lottery results, I like the player they could get. I see a clear tier of 10 solid draft eligible prospects I would love to get my hands on. You could probably convince me to do Ceci and Hoffman for RNH and Edmonton’s pick, as long as it stays in the top 10. But then again, Hoffman better not be traded.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:02 pm

I thought for sure the Edmonton press conference would be to fire Chiarelli, not announce his job was safe. Apparently Chiarelli has a "plan" to get them in the playoffs next year.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13743
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

As long as Edmonton doesn’t slip 2 spots after the lottery results, I like the player they could get. I see a clear tier of 10 solid draft eligible prospects I would love to get my hands on. You could probably convince me to do Ceci and Hoffman for RNH and Edmonton’s pick, as long as it stays in the top 10.

I dunno how that makes sense. We lose karlsson and ceci who the hell plays on the right side?
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I will never envision Karlsson gone until it happens, that’s why.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10084
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:57 pm

wprager wrote:Chabot, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Claesson, Englund. What do they all have in common, besides being lefties? None of the is ready for top pairing minutes. But that's a great looking left side in a couple of years.

Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros. I think they are set on the right but, of course, one of them isn't signed and the other may be moved.

I for one hope that Wideman gets signed. I love his style of play and the Sens are missing it when he's gone.

Chabot is a top-4 guy at this point, but the others are certainly lacking. Wolanin might be good, but he hasn't proven anything yet. The other four appear to be bottom pairing guys (and the jury is out on Englund ever really making the team). Have I mentioned yet that Chabot's numbers this year look very familiar to another Ottawa D-man's first year in the league? Sarcasm

I'd love to see Ceci get moved, but I don't know who would play on that pairing. It's clear that the Sens need a D upgrade.

Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 pm

You had me at Wideman.
    For me, I would be very happy with
    Chabot and Karlsson
    Boro and Ceci
    Wolanin and Wideman
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10084
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Lagoon wrote:You had me at Wideman.
    Chabot and Karlsson
    Boro and Ceci
    Wolanin and Wideman

I like Boro and would like to see him stay. He's the only one with snarl on those pairings. I hope they figure something out regarding Ceci though. He's just not cutting it.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:41 pm

spader wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:You had me at Wideman.
    Chabot and Karlsson
    Boro and Ceci
    Wolanin and Wideman

I like Boro and would like to see him stay. He's the only one with snarl on those pairings. I hope they figure something out regarding Ceci though. He's just not cutting it.
    I despise Ceci, but didn’t want to play internet GM on this post and just worked with our current roster.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Boro is a bottom pairing guy, and I say that with the utmost respect. I don't think that the pairings described above get us very far. I see two legit top 4 D in Karlsson and Chabot, and Karlsson likely won't be here.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Everyday, I think Karlsson will stay more and more. And we only have two Top 4 D so that’s why it looks like that. I love Wolanin and Wideman as 5, 6 though.
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 pm

I’d be all over Slava Voynov taking Ceci’s cushy spot.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 Yesterday at 7:42 am

Lagoon wrote:I’d be all over Slava Voynov taking Ceci’s cushy spot.

The wife beater?
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon Yesterday at 8:25 am

That’s him.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48677
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager Yesterday at 8:27 am

Pass. And I'm Russian. You've got to have morals and a little decency.

There's talk that Wikstrand caught the eyes of Sens management at the Olympics and he is open to coming back. Hi is 4 year deal with Farjestad has 2 years left, though, with no out clause. On the other hand, didn't the Senators "loan" him?

Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Lagoon Yesterday at 8:35 am

I’m pretty sure Wilkstrand was just suspended and loaned so he is still ours. 
    As far as Voynov, he is different as the Kings terminates his contract IIRC. Everyone makes mistakes, and careers can still be had. I don’t think Ottawa will ever look at Voynov. I just wish they would.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm