You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Lagoon


Sophomore
Sophomore
As part of the Karlsson trade, donít forget about adding Ryanís salary too.†Sarcasm

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. Well deserved.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. †Well deserved.

TSN reporting he will be back next season. Desperate GM = trades are coming.

EDM 1st rd pick I see in our future.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. †Well deserved.

TSN reporting he will be back next season. Desperate GM = trades are coming.

EDM 1st rd pick I see in our future.

As long as Edmonton doesnít slip 2 spots after the lottery results, I like the player they could get. I see a clear tier of 10 solid draft eligible prospects I would love to get my hands on. You could probably convince me to do Ceci and Hoffman for RNH and Edmontonís pick, as long as it stays in the top 10. But then again, Hoffman better not be traded.



Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I thought for sure the Edmonton press conference would be to fire Chiarelli, not announce his job was safe. Apparently Chiarelli has a "plan" to get them in the playoffs next year.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's likely that Chiarelli is getting canned later today in Edmonton. †Well deserved.

TSN reporting he will be back next season. Desperate GM = trades are coming.

EDM 1st rd pick I see in our future.

As long as Edmonton doesnít slip 2 spots after the lottery results, I like the player they could get. I see a clear tier of 10 solid draft eligible prospects I would love to get my hands on. You could probably convince me to do Ceci and Hoffman for RNH and Edmontonís pick, as long as it stays in the top 10.

I dunno how that makes sense. We lose karlsson and ceci who the hell plays on the right side?

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
I will never envision Karlsson gone until it happens, thatís why.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Chabot, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Claesson, Englund. What do they all have in common, besides being lefties? None of the is ready for top pairing minutes. But that's a great looking left side in a couple of years.

Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros. I think they are set on the right but, of course, one of them isn't signed and the other may be moved.

I for one hope that Wideman gets signed. I love his style of play and the Sens are missing it when he's gone.

Chabot is a top-4 guy at this point, but the others are certainly lacking. Wolanin might be good, but he hasn't proven anything yet. The other four appear to be bottom pairing guys (and the jury is out on Englund ever really making the team). Have I mentioned yet that Chabot's numbers this year look very familiar to another Ottawa D-man's first year in the league? Sarcasm

I'd love to see Ceci get moved, but I don't know who would play on that pairing. It's clear that the Sens need a D upgrade.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
You had me at Wideman.
For me, I would be very happy with
Chabot and Karlsson
Boro and Ceci
Wolanin and Wideman

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Lagoon wrote:You had me at Wideman.
For me, I would be very happy with
Chabot and Karlsson
Boro and Ceci
Wolanin and Wideman

I like Boro and would like to see him stay. He's the only one with snarl on those pairings. I hope they figure something out regarding Ceci though. He's just not cutting it.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
spader wrote:
Lagoon wrote:You had me at Wideman.
For me, I would be very happy with
Chabot and Karlsson
Boro and Ceci
Wolanin and Wideman

I like Boro and would like to see him stay. He's the only one with snarl on those pairings. I hope they figure something out regarding Ceci though. He's just not cutting it.
I despise Ceci, but didnít want to play internet GM on this post and just worked with our current roster.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Boro is a bottom pairing guy, and I say that with the utmost respect. I don't think that the pairings described above get us very far. I see two legit top 4 D in Karlsson and Chabot, and Karlsson likely won't be here.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Everyday, I think Karlsson will stay more and more. And we only have two Top 4 D so thatís why it looks like that. I love Wolanin and Wideman as 5, 6 though.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Iíd be all over Slava Voynov taking Ceciís cushy spot.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Iíd be all over Slava Voynov taking Ceciís cushy spot.

The wife beater?

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Thatís him.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Pass. And I'm Russian. You've got to have morals and a little decency.

There's talk that Wikstrand caught the eyes of Sens management at the Olympics and he is open to coming back. Hi is 4 year deal with Farjestad has 2 years left, though, with no out clause. On the other hand, didn't the Senators "loan" him?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Iím pretty sure Wilkstrand was just suspended and loaned so he is still ours.†
As far as Voynov, he is different as the Kings terminates his contract IIRC. Everyone makes mistakes, and careers can still be had. I donít think Ottawa will ever look at Voynov. I just wish they would.



Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum