General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 794
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Tue May 01, 2018 4:56 pm

The power of McDavid? First the Marody signing a month ago and now Koskinen signs. Hes a massive tender that has been getting better with age in the KHL. His stance is as wide as they come and uses those strong edges to take up the bottom of the net with ease.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14178
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Is it just me or is there a ton of European free agent getting contracts right now?

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 pm

It is very common to see a surge in the offseason after a Winter Olympics year. A lot more players were showcased this year too because the NHL didnt represent there.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Lagoon on Thu May 10, 2018 3:02 pm

If we were trading a roster player to STL at the deadline as some rumours said, I was hoping for a return of Jordan Kyrou. Well, he was just named the OHL's Most Outstanding Player.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17080
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

Poor Tommy C is a healthy scratch against the Russians today.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu May 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Is everyone ok with a Hoffman and Ceci for Parayko and Fabbri trade?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49136
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Poor Tommy C is a healthy scratch against the Russians today.

What's worse is the PP was lethal (not so much when he was running the 1st unit previous game).

On the one hand I'm glad he's getting this opportunity, on the other I wish he spent the summer training and adding some weight.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2621
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

wprager wrote:

What's worse is the PP was lethal (not so much when he was running the 1st unit previous game).

On the one hand I'm glad he's getting this opportunity, on the other I wish he spent the summer training and adding some weight.

Colin White too. The thing is being benched and playing with skilled guys allow these guys a first hand look at what it takes to be successful. Remember, this was Chabot's rookie year and White only played a handful of games at the NHL level.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Fri May 18, 2018 12:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Colin White too. The thing is being benched and playing with skilled guys allow these guys a first hand look at what it takes to be successful. Remember, this was Chabot's rookie year and White only played a handful of games at the NHL level.
    Agreed. At a tournament like this, just dressing, watching and only playing 5 minutes can be a benefit to development. In the NHL however, I call Boucher out on his deployment and managements use of player X.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 am

Kucherov sees himself being worth 10 million as per Bob McKenzie.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14178
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Lagoon wrote:Kucherov sees himself being worth 10 million as per Bob McKenzie.
    Might get 8.5-9. Wingers usually dont get the same big bucks as Cs
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 am

DiDomenico lost it. Thats passion.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue May 29, 2018 10:54 am

Lagoon wrote:DiDomenico lost it. Thats passion.

I don't get why that clip just surfaced..? It must have been taken a while ago?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed May 30, 2018 8:24 am

That was the AHL. The Icehogs were eliminated 2 days ago. I think the video is from that series. It may have been the last game.

That's not passion. That's a guy not behaving like a professional. He lashed out against fans who were taunting him.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed May 30, 2018 10:32 am

wprager wrote:That was the AHL. The Icehogs were eliminated 2 days ago. I think the video is from that series. It may have been the last game.

That's not passion. That's a guy not behaving like a professional. He lashed out against fans who were taunting him.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. And yeah, you just can't flip out like that. Imagine if he had broke the glass?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Apparently there was a little girl in the crowd who was terrified.

That said, the people the girl was with (presumably her parents) weren't exactly being great role models, either.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Lagoon wrote:Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.

Weird how the whole thing played out...Lou meeting with Tavares before he was officially hired by the Isles...eventually getting in and then still taking a bit of time before cleaning house....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:15 pm