You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Apparently there was a little girl in the crowd who was terrified.

That said, the people the girl was with (presumably her parents) weren't exactly being great role models, either.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.

Weird how the whole thing played out...Lou meeting with Tavares before he was officially hired by the Isles...eventually getting in and then still taking a bit of time before cleaning house....

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
So are we finally going to see a clean shaven Johnny T? No more Miami Vice 2-day stubble?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow, 8 years, 8 million a year for OEL.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
But but but I thought Dorion said they canít even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:But but but I thought Dorion said they canít even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.

Dreger says it's a verbal agreement, which should not be legal IMO.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
But it happens and it means something to most GMís, players and agents. I absolutely love how Chayka is reported to be handling offers from other GMís for OEL with ďheís off the market and/or heís not available.Ē

Take notes Dorion. I canít believe the Arizona franchise is teaching us something. Probably because we seem to be getting funds loaned to us from the NHL now too if reports are correct.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I hate this ownership and I'm starting to dislike Dorion to be honest. Hands tied or not, this off-season is his last chance. Sadly, the fate of our best player is in his hands (or not)

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I hate this ownership and I'm starting to dislike Dorion to be honest. †Hands tied or not, this off-season is his last chance. †Sadly, the fate of our best player is in his hands (or not)

I don't think things are in Dorion's hands. I think they're in Eugene's hands.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Dorion signed a three year extension. We're Cussed

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:But but but I thought Dorion said they canít even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.

Dreger says it's a verbal agreement, which should not be legal IMO. †

OMG, people, stop this. He is *under contract* with the organization for another freaking year. You are not allowed to speak to players under contract with another team but you damn well better be allowed to talk to a player under contract with you.

You just cannot sign an extension to an existing contract until July 1. But you can talk all you want.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Dreger says it's a verbal agreement, which should not be legal IMO. †

OMG, people, stop this. He is *under contract* with the organization for another freaking year. You are not allowed to speak to players under contract with another team but you damn well better be allowed to talk to a player under contract with you.

You just cannot sign an extension to an existing contract until July 1. But you can talk all you want.

Which is why Dorion looks like an idiot when he says he canít talk with Erik until the 1st. More lies from management (because I just donít buy heís unaware of his ability to negotiate just without signing.)

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Eh, whatever. Why bother even reporting a verbal agreement I guess is more my question, but either way...

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
To me itís just prolonging having to deal with fans. Itís easier to tell fans they canít talk then to say the kalrsson camp doesnít care to engage talks and to have to answer as to why.

This franchise is a flaming dumpster rolling down a hill towards a dump.

The best thing that could now happen is a sale followed by a complete change in the front office.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The best thing Ottawa could do is to offer and 'leak' that they offered him 12 million a year. Then they could say, hey, we tried! What else could we have done? Then they're not the villains they're about to become.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
While the Ottawa Tire Fire grows, LA and Tampa are making trades that they think will improve their teams.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:While the Ottawa Tire Fire grows, LA and Tampa are making trades that they think will improve their teams.

I only see a backup goalie trade for LA, don't see any TB? What is it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum