General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48895
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Apparently there was a little girl in the crowd who was terrified.

That said, the people the girl was with (presumably her parents) weren't exactly being great role models, either.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 615
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Lagoon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16939
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Lagoon wrote:Lou doing quick work on the Island by firing Snow and Weight.

Weird how the whole thing played out...Lou meeting with Tavares before he was officially hired by the Isles...eventually getting in and then still taking a bit of time before cleaning house....
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm

So are we finally going to see a clean shaven Johnny T? No more Miami Vice 2-day stubble?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54879
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am

Wow, 8 years, 8 million a year for OEL.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:07 am

But but but I thought Dorion said they cant even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 am

Lagoon wrote:But but but I thought Dorion said they cant even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.

Dreger says it's a verbal agreement, which should not be legal IMO.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 am

But it happens and it means something to most GMs, players and agents. I absolutely love how Chayka is reported to be handling offers from other GMs for OEL with hes off the market and/or hes not available.

Take notes Dorion. I cant believe the Arizona franchise is teaching us something. Probably because we seem to be getting funds loaned to us from the NHL now too if reports are correct.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I hate this ownership and I'm starting to dislike Dorion to be honest. Hands tied or not, this off-season is his last chance. Sadly, the fate of our best player is in his hands (or not)
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16939
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 pm

PTFlea wrote:I hate this ownership and I'm starting to dislike Dorion to be honest. Hands tied or not, this off-season is his last chance. Sadly, the fate of our best player is in his hands (or not)

I don't think things are in Dorion's hands. I think they're in Eugene's hands.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2429
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Dorion signed a three year extension. We're Cussed
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:But but but I thought Dorion said they cant even negotiate with Karlsson until july 1st.

OMG, people, stop this. He is *under contract* with the organization for another freaking year. You are not allowed to speak to players under contract with another team but you damn well better be allowed to talk to a player under contract with you.

You just cannot sign an extension to an existing contract until July 1. But you can talk all you want.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13933
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:21 pm

wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

OMG, people, stop this. He is *under contract* with the organization for another freaking year. You are not allowed to speak to players under contract with another team but you damn well better be allowed to talk to a player under contract with you.

You just cannot sign an extension to an existing contract until July 1. But you can talk all you want.

Which is why Dorion looks like an idiot when he says he cant talk with Erik until the 1st. More lies from management (because I just dont buy hes unaware of his ability to negotiate just without signing.)
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Eh, whatever. Why bother even reporting a verbal agreement I guess is more my question, but either way...
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13933
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm

To me its just prolonging having to deal with fans. Its easier to tell fans they cant talk then to say the kalrsson camp doesnt care to engage talks and to have to answer as to why.

This franchise is a flaming dumpster rolling down a hill towards a dump.

The best thing that could now happen is a sale followed by a complete change in the front office.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 pm

The best thing Ottawa could do is to offer and 'leak' that they offered him 12 million a year. Then they could say, hey, we tried! What else could we have done? Then they're not the villains they're about to become.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

While the Ottawa Tire Fire grows, LA and Tampa are making trades that they think will improve their teams.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Lagoon wrote:While the Ottawa Tire Fire grows, LA and Tampa are making trades that they think will improve their teams.

I only see a backup goalie trade for LA, don't see any TB? What is it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 pm