You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Top 4 pick. Screw it, he starts in Ottawa. Anything else means we made the wrong pick.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Top 4 pick. Screw it, he starts in Ottawa. Anything else means we made the wrong pick.
That’s not true. Top picks don’t have to start in the NHL. Dubois didn’t and he’s looking like he’ll be a legit number1C. Why would you want him in this mess on Ottawa? Him being in Ottawa is my least favourite choice. 
AHL>college>NHL

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, there's no reason to have Tkachuk on the NHL roster next season unless we're 100% sure he's going to have success and play lots (which we won't be).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I don't care if you guys are right. I want him on the NHL. I want him to prove all of us who screamed "WTF?" when his name was called wrong! Including myself! And I want that all to start NOW!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
His brother was drafted lower, was smaller, and even back in his draft year scouts were saying Brady would be even better. He scored 48 points in his draft year. Brady could do even better. Why *wouldn't* a team that's struggling to attract people to watch games play a guy like that?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:His brother was drafted lower, was smaller, and even back in his draft year scouts were saying Brady would be even better. He scored 48 points in his draft year. Brady could do even better. Why *wouldn't* a team that's struggling to attract people to watch games play a guy like that?

Well, yeah, best case it all works out. Worst case, he struggles to produce and then nobody's happy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
He had a great set up for the winning goal against Team Canada, yesterday.  On the forecheck, takes the puck away in the corner and fires a perfect pass into the slot.

Canada will be playing the Swedes

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
William Karlsson arbitration numbers are out: ask it's $6.5M, offer is $3.5M.

43 goals, 78 points. He could have asked for a lot more, like Stone.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:William Karlsson arbitration numbers are out: ask it's $6.5M, offer is $3.5M.

William Karlsson's situation is totally unique in that he only has had one productive season.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That player is a mirage. Absolutely nothing points to that production happening again.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Of course not. But if he's asking for $6.5M for one year then I'm sure his ask for a long term contract would have been much less. $5M got 5 years? Probably still too much for someone who's never scored 10 goals before that.

Still, as far as arbitration goes, I think this one is likely to be closer to the ask than the bid.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:William Karlsson arbitration numbers are out: ask it's $6.5M, offer is $3.5M.

I think his agent Cussed up. On a one year he should get around 5mill after that season. He’ll probably never score 40 again but he could possibly hit 25-30.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

I think his agent Cussed up. On a one year he should get around 5mill after that season. He’ll probably never score 40 again but he could possibly hit 25-30.

What? If I'm coming off a 43 goal season, I would expect my agent to be asking for at least $6.5M. People need to understand that in NHL arbitration, both sides try to get as extreme as possible with their position.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

What?  If I'm coming off a 43 goal season, I would expect my agent to be asking for at least $6.5M.  People need to understand that in NHL arbitration, both sides try to get as extreme as possible with their position.

Totally, i meant that he should wind up with 5. Asking for 6.5 won’t get him north of 5.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Wow, is that the best buffalo could get for Skinner? Lots of pieces but they’d been better off with one or two solid pieces.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:Wow, is that the best buffalo could get for Skinner? Lots of pieces but they’d been better off with one or two solid pieces.

Do you mean the best Carolina could get? I personally thought this was highway robbery. Mid-level prospect and late draft picks? Good for Buffalo. Let's also not lose sight of the fact they have three 1st rd picks this year so giving up a 2nd was a non issue.

Skinner-Eichel-Mittelstadt
Sobotka-Berglund-Okposo
Nylander-Girgensons-Pominville
Larson-Reinhart-Sheary

Scandella-Ristolainen
Dhalin-Bogosian
McCabe-Beaulieu

Hutton
Ullmark

I'd take this team over the Sens current roster any day of the week.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:Wow, is that the best buffalo could get for Skinner? Lots of pieces but they’d been better off with one or two solid pieces.

I think you meant Carolina.

I agree. Buffalo got better, for sure. Carolina got some useless picks. This guy "Pu" better be better than his name implies.

But Buffalo still has no answer in goal, Eichel is a terrible leader and injury prone. Don't forget Buffalo also lost Kane and O'Reilly, so they got worse before they got better.

Dahlin should be good in a year or two but he will make lots of mistakes until then. It's also not a given that it will be elite in this league. For every Karlsson there are many Runblads.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Do you mean the best Carolina could get? I personally thought this was highway robbery. Mid-level prospect and late draft picks? Good for Buffalo. Let's also not lose sight of the fact they have three 1st rd picks this year so giving up a 2nd was a non issue.

Skinner-Eichel-Mittelstadt
Sobotka-Berglund-Okposo
Nylander-Girgensons-Pominville
Larson-Reinhart-Sheary

Scandella-Ristolainen
Dhalin-Bogosian
McCabe-Beaulieu

Hutton
Ullmark

I'd take this team over the Sens current roster any day of the week.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.
That D is still questionable if you ask me but it could all depend on how fast Dahlin becomes a 1st pairing guy.

Hard to tell what those lines will wind up looking like but I see a much better team than the god damn senators.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum