GDT - Game #73: Pens @ Sens, Mar 23, 2017, 7:30pm

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: GDT - Game #73: Pens @ Sens, Mar 23, 2017, 7:30pm

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, that finger looked grrrrrrrross. Hopefully Meth isn't out for too long, but I'm not sure how long it takes for a reattached finger to heal...?  Wtf.

I was really surprised the refs "missed" that one.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Diddle Crosby.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Greatv win, but what is boucher doing in the 3 on 3 overtime?  He's a great coach, but he sucks in ot.   Starts Pyatt with pageau?  Very queer stuff.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Diddle, Methot's injury is very bad.  Shattered garrioch said, out for weeks?   Dung
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13342
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 am

I swear im gonna get a heart attack from watching Condon play. He made some great saves but he winds up way too far outside of the net all too often. He did us a solid tonight though.

Good game. Always nice to beat Crosby and last year's champ. Will be even better when we beat them to advance to the SCF Sarcasm
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48297
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

PTFlea wrote:Greatv win, but what is boucher doing in the 3 on 3 overtime?  He's a great coach, but he sucks in ot.   Starts Pyatt with pageau?  Very queer stuff.

If I recall, they had the Sens' best and only chance in the OT.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48297
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 am

There is a chart someone tweeted out showing Karlsson's WOWY (with or without you) numbers with various defensemen. Analytically speaking, Methot is the worst partner for him.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2032
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:54 am

wprager wrote:There is a chart someone tweeted out showing Karlsson's WOWY (with or without you) numbers with various defensemen.  Analytically speaking, Methot is the worst partner for him.

I mentioned this in a post a long time ago but I think the Sens may leave Methot unprotected. He makes a lot of money and I don't think is worth what he makes. Keep in mind Chabot will make the team next year and Claesson signed a one-way contract. Also can't trade Boro. Guy is a warrior. Had a monster game last night.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Greatv win, but what is boucher doing in the 3 on 3 overtime?  He's a great coach, but he sucks in ot.   Starts Pyatt with pageau?  Very queer stuff.

If I recall, they had the Sens' best and only chance in the OT.

They did. Pageau was a monster last night. And they put out that line against Crosby and Kessel. I was okay with that. What killed me was watching Pageau with Phaneuf and Karlsson. That made zero sense.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16491
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 am

Boucher said once before that he doesn't mind playing for the shootout because the Sens are decent at it. And he wanted Pageau out against Crysby (and rightfully so)...so yeah, he used more of a defensive setup in OT, and it ended up working out (thanks to Condon too).

Condon played great. What a game. Losing Methot really stinks assuming he's not around at the start of the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 am

tim1_2 wrote:Boucher said once before that he doesn't mind playing for the shootout because the Sens are decent at it.  And he wanted Pageau out against Crysby (and rightfully so)...so yeah, he used more of a defensive setup in OT, and it ended up working out (thanks to Condon too).  

Condon played great.  What a game.  Losing Methot really stinks assuming he's not around at the start of the playoffs.  

Honestly, a case could be made to re-sign Condon and protect him over Anderson. Have to think longevity here. I'd hate to lose Condon for nothing (UFA to Vegas or expansion draft), and have Andy retire in two years. Thoughts?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Boucher said once before that he doesn't mind playing for the shootout because the Sens are decent at it.  And he wanted Pageau out against Crysby (and rightfully so)...so yeah, he used more of a defensive setup in OT, and it ended up working out (thanks to Condon too).  

Condon played great.  What a game.  Losing Methot really stinks assuming he's not around at the start of the playoffs.  

Honestly, a case could be made to re-sign Condon and protect him over Anderson. Have to think longevity here. I'd hate to lose Condon for nothing (UFA to Vegas or expansion draft), and have Andy retire in two years. Thoughts?
    Anderson is much better imo, so I wouldn't.   Condon is a great backup though, maybe a starter somewhere too
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

I get the rationale here, but I don't see this happening. Andy has been our #1 for a long while, and doesn't show signs of letting up. He's been giving us great performances pretty routinely.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Yeah, I don't see that ever happening. I don't see Condon as a starter. To me he's a good back-up thats having a great year behind a team that's playing a good defensive game.
    Im not sure that translates every year. There's too many things about his game watching him that I feel could turn against us. I'd like to resign him but if he wants to bolt for another opportunity let him do so.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I don't see that ever happening. I don't see Condon as a starter. To me he's a good back-up thats having a great year behind a team that's playing a good defensive game.
    Im not sure that translates every year. There's too many things about his game watching him that I feel could turn against us. I'd like to resign  him but if he wants to bolt for another opportunity let him do so.

Imagine we had ditched Anderson and gone with Hammond as our #1 as Ev suggested? Yikes. Similar scenario here, although at least we can all agree we'd like Condon back as the backup.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Im not sure that translates every year. There's too many things about his game watching him that I feel could turn against us. I'd like to resign  him but if he wants to bolt for another opportunity let him do so.

Imagine we had ditched Anderson and gone with Hammond as our #1 as Ev suggested?  Yikes.  Similar scenario here, although at least we can all agree we'd like Condon back as the backup.

He was also really solid in Montreal last year until the team collapsed around him. Even now, if Price isn't on his A-game the Habs lose. They're not a good team. They grossly overused him. This is back-to-back years of Condon being good, and he's shown that he can come off the bench and perform. I really don't think Vegas would pick up Anderson given his age and the number of good goalies that will be available to them via expansion draft and/or UFA pool.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:41 pm

He's also been uninjured and carried the team all year vs Hammond carrying the team down the stretch. I mean anything can happy. Look at Brian Boucher...
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:20 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Imagine we had ditched Anderson and gone with Hammond as our #1 as Ev suggested?  Yikes.  Similar scenario here, although at least we can all agree we'd like Condon back as the backup.

He was also really solid in Montreal last year until the team collapsed around him. Even now, if Price isn't on his A-game the Habs lose. They're not a good team. They grossly overused him. This is back-to-back years of Condon being good, and he's shown that he can come off the bench and perform. I really don't think Vegas would pick up Anderson given his age and the number of good goalies that will be available to them via expansion draft and/or UFA pool.

You should have watched some of the Montreal games last year. He was terrible with rebounds. I think he's improved that aspect of his game I think he puts himself in some dangerous positions out there. He needs better poise and to keep to his net more.

There's no telling if Vegas would pick up andersson or not but that's not a theory I want to test. I think the chances are much smaller that they pick up Condon. And if Condon is the player they select then we are alright. Guess we have to see first if he resigns. But as Tim has noted, there is a fair chance that Condon is our new Hammond.

Lets not get too crazy here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 am