GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48298
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 am

Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play. Should have used him for fresher legs.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21010
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 am

The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 am

wprager wrote:Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play. Should have used him for fresher legs.

They dominated the 3rd so benching the 4th line worked out perfectly.

Ryan was injured.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16491
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

Ev wrote:The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Mrazek wasn't great either, so the difference wasn't really goaltending. You always blame Anderson though, so I get that it's your schtick and you're going to stick to it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Ryan not in a long shootout?

Injured.

Also, it's amazing how much better a Ceci-less overtime looks.

Not sure that's Ceci's fault as much as boucher for plugging him out there all the time in ot
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:40 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Mrazek wasn't great either, so the difference wasn't really goaltending. You always blame Anderson though, so I get that it's your schtick and you're going to stick to it.

it's not a shtick. Anderson before injury was great. After injury he has been letting in stinkers.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48298
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:02 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

Mrazek had one brain-fart goal, Anderson had two. That's 100% worse if you believe math. Mrazek was also better in the shootout as several of the attempts on Andy were simply misses, not stops. But that is also on the shooters -- how many of them tried to go five-hole? Stone had the right idea with that deke but a rightie going in on the left side has nothing to shoot for if he goes forehand-backhand; you've got to come in right-to-left or maybe straight in (or you have to be able to skate like Kane and make the goalie believe you are going to cut across to the right and tuck it in far side on the forehand).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm