You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Pacific » Los Angeles Kings » According to Ek

According to Ek

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16According to Ek - Page 2 Empty Re: According to Ek on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:31 pm

mattbond wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:For sure. Surely he must realize that his value is lessened because he injury prone. Hard to argue his numbers though. He put up 42 goals last season whilst dealing with injury. Still not worth what he thinks he is though.

He's worth $7M MAX. He's not as good as Heatley, and he's injury prone. Hossa is a decent comparable, and I think that's what he's getting.

If he could somehow grow a bionic abdomen and lower body, he's worth $7 per. Seeing as how he makes Mike Fisher look like Cal Ripken by comparison lessens his value. Apparently the Gaborik camp never got that memo.

17According to Ek - Page 2 Empty Re: According to Ek on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
mattbond wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:For sure. Surely he must realize that his value is lessened because he injury prone. Hard to argue his numbers though. He put up 42 goals last season whilst dealing with injury. Still not worth what he thinks he is though.

He's worth $7M MAX. He's not as good as Heatley, and he's injury prone. Hossa is a decent comparable, and I think that's what he's getting.

If he could somehow grow a bionic abdomen and lower body, he's worth $7 per. Seeing as how he makes Mike Fisher look like Cal Ripken by comparison lessens his value. Apparently the Gaborik camp never got that memo.
Crystal Crotch

18According to Ek - Page 2 Empty Re: According to Ek on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:46 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Do you find it odd and maybe fishy that it leaked that he turned down a 10 year 80 million. I'm starting to think that was BS. I can't think of any GM in the league who would pony up 8 million a year on such a long term for a guy that's always injured.

It smells a little of a leaked BS rumour by Minny to ease the blow when they trade him. If he gets a penny over 7.5 I'm laughing at that team.

19According to Ek - Page 2 Empty Re: According to Ek on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
mattbond wrote:This guy reminds me of Havlat WAY too much for me to want Murray to even answer the phone.

Actually answer it, it might be about one of those goalies. :D

Right here! I'll take him. What do you want for him? Actually scew that, at Hemlock mentioned I don't know what we have (that we're willing to let go) to get him. Foligno, Lee +? Can't do it, but I'd love to see that little son of a Wing Dang Doodle on Spezza's wing with Heatley on the other side.

Oh, and I'll take Backstrom too. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum