Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16509
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: Playoffs 2017: Canadian Edition

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 am

wprager wrote:Anderson second last in SV% in the playoffs. Eek! Bobrovsky just above, Elliott just below -- two of the 0-3 goalies.

Meh, he'll get it together. Made a couple big saves for us in the 3rd last night. The only one I hold against him last night was the short side PP goal.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21021
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 am

Anderson was terrible in the first two periods. You can't let in 3 goals on 10 shots. He redeemed himself but he still doesn't have the mental capacity and killer instinct IMO

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 am

Ev wrote:Anderson was terrible in the first two periods. You can't let in 3 goals on 10 shots. He redeemed himself but he still doesn't have the mental capacity and killer instinct IMO

Paying attention strictly to save % is so dumb. You have to look at the quality of the shots. And yeah, he let in one soft one.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48313
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Anderson was terrible in the first two periods. You can't let in 3 goals on 10 shots. He redeemed himself but he still doesn't have the mental capacity and killer instinct IMO

Paying attention strictly to save % is so dumb. You have to look at the quality of the shots. And yeah, he let in one soft one.

After 3 games it's fair to say he hasn't been anywhere close to #BeastMode. While strictly looking at SV% it's not fair to say he's second worst of all goalies, it is more than fair to say we would be up 3-0 with above-average goaltending. And probably only one OT game.

Will he get better? I'm pretty sure he can and he will. If he doesn't then we will need more #PlayoffBobby and #BifGameBrass. A lot more.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13379
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

tim1_2 wrote:

Agreed. He made plenty of quality saves and enticipated the play real well. It could have been a higher score. He robbed them of quality opportunities
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

Agreed. He made plenty of quality saves and enticipated the play real well. It could have been a higher score. He robbed them of quality opportunities

IOW he did strictly what he is paid to do. The stinkers (he's had one or more in each game) were gratis.

Look, none of us are crapping on Andy. We're just calling it like we see it. We've seen him great, and so far he has not been even good, overall.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13379
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

IOW he did strictly what he is paid to do. The stinkers (he's had one or more in each game) were gratis.

Look, none of us are crapping on Andy. We're just calling it like we see it. We've seen him great, and so far he has not been even good, overall.
    I don't think he's been spectacular but I did see moments where not just any goalies would have made those saves. He's hardly in beast mode but I'm not gonna start pointing fingers. One bad goal here and there happens to most goalies who aren't elite.
    And even the elites...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm sure Andy will get it turned around. If not, then we won't survive the next round (assuming we win 2 of the next four against an AHL defense).

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21021
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Caps are now only -125 to win series. Feel like betting a ton on them.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

wprager wrote:I'm sure Andy will get it turned around. If not, then we won't survive the next round (assuming we win 2 of the next four against an AHL defense).

Isn't Carlo slated to come back soon? IMO, game 4 is a must-win. Need to take advantage of these injuries before the B's can get healthier.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

Didn't hear anything about Carlo but Miller could be back. Carlo has a concussion, for sure. I believe 10 days symptom-free is the going rate before being cleared, but this is the playoffs, so who knows anymore.

He skated on his own yesterday, prior to the Bruins practice, so my guess would be he's not yet ready.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

Miller practiced with the team yesterday and is expected to play. Gotta think he won't be 100% especially if he has to pivot. Hoffman should go wide.

Krug and McQuaid aren't considered close. What happened to McQuaid?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am

Just read that McQuaid got hurt blocking a shot. He's listed as d2d UBI. Anyone recall what happened?

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 am

Anyone see Lazar miss a tap-in last night in Calgary?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:25 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone see Lazar miss a tap-in last night in Calgary?

Missed it, just like he did.

Curtis will have about 10-15 games at the start of next season to prove he is still relevant. Sad, really. Wish him the best.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

wprager wrote:Just read that McQuaid got hurt blocking a shot. He's listed as d2d UBI. Anyone recall what happened?

He got hurt blocking a shot.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks, Tim.

Anyone else? Was it hand, foot, knee?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm

According to this it was interference from Burrows on a powerplay (which usually implies a late hit).

But here it says it was from blocking a Burrows shot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:06 am