wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:56 am

With the scene shifting to Boston it will be all hands on deck in trying to stop the Bruins' top line. I'm sure with the last change at his disposal Cassidy will want to keep them away from Pageau's line. Having watched a few other games the last couple of days, all I can say is that the Sens will need to amp up the intensity level a notch or two. It seems like everyone else is flying out there while these two teams are content to slow the pace down. While that may have been their plan on the road, I don't think we can expect the same from the Bruins on their home ice. Can the Senators keep pace?

On the injury front Collin Miller may return, but Carlo is doubtful. Nobody appears willing to day what's wrong with Krejci. Cassidy expected him to okay in game 1 but he was scratched after warmup. That doesn't sound like a concussion, so it must be shoulder or arm or ribs or ... Whichever it is, would he really be effective of he did come back?

Boro appears to be a late decision, as well, but Claesson would actually be an upgrade in almost every way.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM

Post by Ev on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

3-1 sens win
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am

Bruins recall 2 Dmen from Providence. One of then was taking regular line rushes. Looks life Miller is a no go.

But it sounds like Krejci will draw back in. He's not 100%, but this is a guy who twice led the playoffs in scoring.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Alright, this is the swing game. Let's do this thing.

Sounded like Harpur will be in for Boro..?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Don't really get putting in Harpur -- who is a rightie -- to replace Boro. Also, Claesson has a lot more experience with the NHL game and Boucher's "System". And, while Harpur is big, he's not necessarily a heavier hitter than Claesson. Neither one compares to Boro but I suppose Harpur's size is more intimidating.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 pm

wprager wrote:Don't really get putting in Harpur -- who is a rightie -- to replace Boro. Also, Claesson has a lot more experience with the NHL game and Boucher's "System". And, while Harpur is big, he's not necessarily a heavier hitter than Claesson. Neither one compares to Boro but I suppose Harpur's size is more intimidating.

Boucher mentioned his reach yesterday. I think that's a big selling point. He can disrupt a break a little easier. Here's hoping he proves that this was a good move.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13592
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Cut down on the needless give aways should help. Wtf was that? Almost 2 dozen giveaways last game???

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Boucher confirms "complete player" Harpur will be in for Boro. No other changes expected.

Wonder if maybe Krejci stayed out because of Boro. If it's his shoulder or ribs I could see not wanting to step in against the league leader in hits.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Harpur was better than Claessoj in his brief stint imo.

Bruins defence is very weak. We should be able to win this one. But we won't be the favourites, of course
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Ev wrote:Harpur was better than Claessoj in his brief stint imo.

Bruins defence is very weak. We should be able to win this one. But we won't be the favourites, of course

"Brief" being the operative word.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 pm

So now the question is which of Karlsson/Wideman/Harpur switch over to play LD? Phaneuf is not exactly fast and Methot is not exactly in full game shape. I hope Boucher has some tricks up his sleeve with the forwards to protect against Bruins carrying the puck down the right side.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Just win baby. Take advantage of 'em.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 pm

I always thought Harpur was a leftie. Then someone corrected me on twitter. Looked it up, sure enough, hockeydb lists him as a right-hand shot. So I went to check some Bingo footage to see if he, possibly, played the left side in Bingo. Sure looks like he shoots left here: http://www.silversevensens.com/2017/2/15/14591538/ben-harpurs-4-point-night-leads-binghamton-past-st-johns (he's #24 -- plays the right side on the PP).

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Yeah Harpur is a bit of a head scratcher. Although I expect Boucher to know better than me.

Im not very excited about krejci drawing back in. Might be a good idea to take him out of the game if he's injured. A win would definitely set us on the right track. Put a sens of despair in them.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 pm

wprager wrote:Boucher confirms "complete player" Harpur will be in for Boro. No other changes expected.

Wonder if maybe Krejci stayed out because of Boro. If it's his shoulder or ribs I could see not wanting to step in against the league leader in hits.

I would bet not. There's no way that he said, "Well, I'm pretty much healthy, but I'm scared of that player on their team." Can you imagine the roasting he'd get in the dressing room?

Prags, I can't remember, have you played team sports competitively?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm