You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:50 pm

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Phew. Regulation wins please. I made a bunch of money on the Sens this evening. How delightful.

32 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
I should also mention how Ryan played a big part tonight.

There's a few sens though that are a little slow, Phaneuf and stone. I wonder if they are playing with injuries or some bruises. There's a big difference between stone game one and stone game three.

33 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sens dominated that game. Bruins had 20 shots in three and a half periods

34 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Sens dominated that game. Bruins had 20 shots in three and a half periods
They may have only gotten 20 shots but way too much of the game was spent in our own zone. I'd be interested to see the puck possession numbers for this game. It felt like we were loosing it in the 3rd.

35 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:18 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Two iffy goals on Andy, aided by two iffy penalties to Turris. Could have been a different have in the third of it stayed 3-0.

On the other hand, if Marchand doesn't miss the empty net before Hoffman scored ...


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

36 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I have a feeling the Bruins may be close to done. They blew a 3-1 lead and lost game 2, then were outplayed 3-0 before coating their way back only to lose it once again on a bad penalty in OT (game 2 ended about 10-12 seconds after Chara got out of the box).

Do they have any more left in them? Then, again, this team knows you can come back even from 0-3.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

37 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:25 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Bruins lack talent and overall depth. Their top line hasn't been non existent. Their d is in shambles. We have this series.

38 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 am

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
That Brassard trade looks better through 3 playoff games. He was a beast again tonight. 

Karlsson was obviously exceptional. How does he do that? That pass to break Hoffman couldn't have been more perfect and he did it from the goal line. 

Hoffman was great too. 

Flo mentioned above that Stone has been slow. I agree. He doesn't look 100%.

39 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Have to finish them. Sens are a perfect 8-0 when holding a 3-1 series lead. Not nearly as good when tied 2-2 (I think they are something like 1-5).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

40 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
By the way, on the winning goal, the defenseman who let Ryan go when he passed back to Turris and wasn't around to tie up his stick a second layer was the callup, Cross.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

41 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I missed periods 2 and 3.  How did boston come back from 3-0?

42 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I missed periods 2 and 3.  How did boston come back from 3-0?

It was pretty flukey to be honest. They obviously were pressing pretty hard, but they ended up with a 5 on 3 goal and also a goal where the puck hopped over Bobby's stick and then he fell down.

43 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I missed periods 2 and 3.  How did boston come back from 3-0?

It was pretty flukey to be honest.  They obviously were pressing pretty hard, but they ended up with a 5 on 3 goal and also a goal where the puck hopped over Bobby's stick and then he fell down.

Fair enough,  that's better I guess.  Haven't seen the highlights yet.

44 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ugh, poor Bobby Ryan before he became the hero.

PS - We should all talk about Bobby Ryan. He's becoming a monster in these playoffs!

45 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I missed periods 2 and 3.  How did boston come back from 3-0?

It was pretty flukey to be honest.  They obviously were pressing pretty hard, but they ended up with a 5 on 3 goal and also a goal where the puck hopped over Bobby's stick and then he fell down.

Fair enough,  that's better I guess.  Haven't seen the highlights yet.

You mean you didn't watch it live???!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

46 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I missed periods 2 and 3.  How did boston come back from 3-0?

It was pretty flukey to be honest.  They obviously were pressing pretty hard, but they ended up with a 5 on 3 goal and also a goal where the puck hopped over Bobby's stick and then he fell down.

Fair enough,  that's better I guess.  Haven't seen the highlights yet.

You mean you didn't watch it live???!

I had the worst friggin migraine ever last night. Don't really get them often, but I sat in front of a computer most of the day working on stuff. Very annoying to say the least.

47 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:Ugh, poor Bobby Ryan before he became the hero.  

PS - We should all talk about Bobby Ryan.  He's becoming a monster in these playoffs!

Not just him. The big guys are stepping up. Hoffman, Brassard, Karlsson and Ryan.

Time to see a little more from Stone (more injured than we thought?) Turris and Smith.

Overall pretty happy though.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

48 Re: PGDT #3, Sens @ Bruins, April 17, 7PM on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ugh, poor Bobby Ryan before he became the hero.  

PS - We should all talk about Bobby Ryan.  He's becoming a monster in these playoffs!

Not just him. The big guys are stepping up.  Hoffman, Brassard, Karlsson and Ryan.

Time to see a little more from Stone (more injured than we thought?) Turris and Smith.

Overall pretty happy though.

I've thought Smith has been stellar personally. Again, I missed a fair bit of last night, but he's been all over the place vs Boston, I've thought.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum