TV Boxes

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47611
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: TV Boxes

Post by wprager on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Tried going back to Kodi because I couldn't find some shows on ShowBox. But the usual instructions for casting is to use LocalCast, and every single video I've tried so far results in either my lg tv saying the file is "invalid" or Chromecast saying the video format it's not supported. With ShowBox I was using All casting which didn't create issues with either the smart TV or Chromecast.

Any advice? What do I put in the playercorefactory.xml file for AllCast? Or is there a setting I can enable in LocalCast?

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24745
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Some Kodi related sites and hosts closed down abruptly. You may not be able to connect to your usual providers. One of my favourites, Phoenix, pulled the plug.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 am

I know I had issues installing Exodus. Saw a few recent notes in the instructions saying it's recently unavailable.

But the playback issue I had was something different.
    Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 800
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by Hobiesens on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am

I noticed issues with my android box recently, seems like tvaddons is no longer viable.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/streaming-box-lawsuit-tvaddons-1.4165325
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 am

I had no problem playing the video on question on my phone. The problem was with streaming it to either my Chromecast or LG smart TV. With ShowBox I use AllCast as the player, then select the device to cast to. With Kodi you end to using LocalCast. The configuration for (playerfactorycore.xml) does not include an entry for AllCast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:51 am