R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 12:24 am

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:https://streamable.com/imej3
Hahaha. Rangers not enjoying themselves.

17 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:We will have more hockey at the CTC.  Melnyk must be doing a happy dance.

Now it's time for Andy to finally steal one. Win it on the road.
Would be great to win the next one. Give the guys a bit more rest if the other series could drag on a bit more. The guys probably need it

18 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 3:10 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Seriously Andy has sucked these playoffs. He's had maybe three good games max. Needs to step it up. I bet sens are looking at moving on from him anyway

19 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 7:27 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Seriously Andy has sucked these playoffs. He's had maybe three good games max. Needs to step it up. I bet sens are looking at moving on from him anyway

He hasn't been great, but he's had stretches where he played well in the end, like holding it down in the third or OT. But last night he was struggling the whole game. Making saves by accident and not even knowing where the puck was. Very lucky on a couple. It should have been a 4-1 win with an empty netter seating the victory late, if we had good goaltending.

That said, I still expect him to steal one game. Hoping it's the next one.  Don't want a game 7.

20 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 10:45 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Seriously Andy has sucked these playoffs. He's had maybe three good games max. Needs to step it up. I bet sens are looking at moving on from him anyway

You should be on Twitter with your ability to be negative after a win!!

Seriously though, yeah, he hasn't been great for the most part, but he's what we have right now and you gotta hope he can step it up. Lundqvist has also not been great.

What a crazy win. Down 2-0 then down 4-3...just crazy. Can't believe they pulled another one out.

21 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 11:41 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm the most positive sens fan I know. I'm very confident about Tuesday that for sure

22 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
they have to play a lot better in ny this time around really feel like stalberg is so close to putting one in. big game by smith as well

23 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 2:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I'm the most positive sens fan I know. I'm very confident about Tuesday that for sure

You are, I have to hand it to you.

24 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Rangers haven't had a bad game yet.  I fully expect a poor NY effort and the Sens win by 3 and move on.

25 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Sun May 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I still have faith Andy can turn it around. Especially next year. It's been a hell of a year for him emotionally. if he's not playing at the top of his game its understandable. Give him an off season to sort out his life.
I could see the sens te-upping him year to year of on a two year after this contract.
I don't really see anyone available that's consistently better than Andy.
I think you keep an eye on hogburg playing in bingo next year and then a transition period with Andy if he can prove he's number 1 material

26 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You can't really say that,  he's had a bad series, but he's been great for this organization.  Hopefully we re-sign Condon and have the same tandem next year.

27 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Mon May 08, 2017 1:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
My guess is they re-sign Condon and phase Anderson out. Condon has proven he is capable of a 50-60 game workload. I can see him splitting time with Andy next year in a 50-30 scenario and then taking over the year after as the starter.

28 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Mon May 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Keep drafting 1 European goaltender each year. The advantage of the Europeans is they can just stay there for a few years while they develop as opposed to having to find AHL / ECHL space for them.

29 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Mon May 08, 2017 1:31 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

You should be on Twitter with your ability to be negative after a win!!

Seriously though, yeah, he hasn't been great for the most part, but he's what we have right now and you gotta hope he can step it up. Lundqvist has also not been great.

What a crazy win. Down 2-0 then down 4-3...just crazy. Can't believe they pulled another one out.

I think they're at a combined .900 or so. Brutal goaltending this series from a sv % perspective.

30 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Mon May 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
to me goalie is the easiest position to find. You can easily sign a #1G or trade for one.

31 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Tue May 09, 2017 8:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Not sure you can easily sign a 1a goalie. A 2a or 1b goalie for sure. I'd even argue that at this point of the playoffs no remaining goalie has been good aside from Rinne.

32 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's not that difficult to find a serviceable goalie, but it is hard to find a really good one. Anderson has shown he can be really good, so I think it'd be silly to give up on him after a few playoff games.

33 Re: R2GDT#5: Rangers @ Sens, May 6, 3:00pm on Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:It's not that difficult to find a serviceable goalie, but it is hard to find a really good one.  Anderson has shown he can be really good, so I think it'd be silly to give up on him after a few playoff games.

I don't think it's a matter of giving up on him. Anderson's regular season numbers were much better than Condon's:

Condon in 41 GP was 19-14-6 with a GAA of 2.48 and SV% of 0.914 (incl 5 shutouts)
Anderson in 40 GP was 25-11-4 with a GAA of 2.28 and SV% of 0.926 (incl 5 shutouts)

But at 35 years old (36 in two weeks), can Anderson handle a full workload? He's signed for one more year after this season. I'd maybe sign him to a one year contract extension but that's it. Knowing the Sens brass they will probably sign him to a two-year extension though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum