You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We've been talking about it for years on this forum. There are definitely answers to it.

I think it'd be great to have a separate thread for the whole discussion. We're a win away from the Stanley Cup Final, facing the biggest game in 10 years, and we're talking about attendance...AGAIN.

47 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Does White play in game 7?  He played 2:40 in this game and Boucher won't be able to control the matchups in Pittsburgh.

48 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think they put in Kelly. Will help with the PK.

49 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
White looked lost out there last night. I imagine Ottawa's system isn't like anything he's done before. Last night was a good experience for him though. I can definitely see him playing on a line with Burrows next season. Will be a very good mentor for him.

50 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 10:45 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He had that one gaff in front of the net where he did a poor job of clearing the puck.

51 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, if he's not going to use him, might as well play someone else. I was disappointed with that, I thought he could play on Turris' wing and add a spark, but Boucher knows what he's doing obviously.

52 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 11:26 am

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I kind of knew white wasn't going to be the best idea. Hasn't played the system all year. Making the jump from NCAA to playoff NHL is too big. How people expected that he could easily slide in is beyond me. The best we could possibly hope for is no mistake.

53 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I personally think you see Neil if it's down to putting Kelly in there. Kelly can cheer lead from the dressing room like he did prior to game 6.

- Unknown Author

54 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
"Yes, the math is probably wrong ..." - bang on!

Lots of Leafs and Habs fans who are season ticket holders, and they also buy playoff tickets.

Multiple games is an issue. Few can afford that second, third, fourth games.

8 pm starts on a school night plus getting out of the parking lot and 417 to get home means a very late night. Many schools have 7am bus pickups.

Phoenix Pay system, flooding, Ontario mounting debt problem (may not affect you directly but certainly on people's minds), LRT related traffic issues (some are spending up to an hour more fault in traffic, the thought of having more of the same is unbearable).

55 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
White had a great shift in the third to hem in the penguins. I think they keep him in. No other option really. Burrows would be ideal, he is sorely missed

56 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Wed May 24, 2017 10:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
He played a minute and a half in the first, then sat on the bench all of the second. He needs more ice time than that.

As for knowing the system, don't forget that he practiced with the team for a week (when they still practiced) and played two games before the playoffs. This is a guy who has been playing hockey his whole life. You can trust him a little.

57 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 8:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think the biggest issue for this season is the Phoenix pay system issues. Yes there's the flooding issue that's an immediate effect on playooff attendance but Phoenix pay system issues are what I think is the biggest thing affecting this past season's attendance.

- Unknown Author

58 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
I'm sure that has a lot to do with the attendance but let's be honest here....biggest reason is the price increase. The senators cut down the seats in the arena but as any business person will tell you, their plan is to increase revenue. That meant an overall increase across the board on ticket pricing. Price increase + phoenix pay system and u see the results....

59 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm sure that has a lot to do with the attendance but let's be honest here....biggest reason is the price increase. The senators cut down the seats in the arena but as any business person will tell you, their plan is to increase revenue. That meant an overall increase across the board on ticket pricing. Price increase + phoenix pay system and u see the results....

I paid something like $80USD for 2 tickets to game one of the Boston series. If that's too high, I don't know what to tell you. Those are very reasonable prices.

60 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:40 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm sure that has a lot to do with the attendance but let's be honest here....biggest reason is the price increase.  The senators cut down the seats in the arena but as any business person will tell you, their plan is to increase revenue.  That meant an overall increase across the board on ticket pricing.  Price increase + phoenix pay system and u see the results....

I paid something like $80USD for 2 tickets to game one of the Boston series. If that's too high, I don't know what to tell you. Those are very reasonable prices.

Re-sale or direct?  That's pretty low...

61 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Direct was as low as 120 or something for 300 level. Still not bad.

62 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 3:38 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Direct was as low as 120 or something for 300 level. Still not bad.

It was direct and it was in the 300s, center ice. Top row (so right below the accessibility seating). I bought them the day before the game.

63 Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 3:38 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm sure that has a lot to do with the attendance but let's be honest here....biggest reason is the price increase. The senators cut down the seats in the arena but as any business person will tell you, their plan is to increase revenue. That meant an overall increase across the board on ticket pricing. Price increase + phoenix pay system and u see the results....

That was per ticket. Sorry for any confusion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum