You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think it will be Kelly, too. Brassard had not taken a faceoff in games 5 and 6 and was 1 of 8 in game 4. He's definitely got something preventing him from taking draws so we need a LHS center.

17 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:20 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
This is a new regime....time to slay the Game 7 demons

18 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:32 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Today is Murray's birthday. On Anderson's birthday the Pens have him lots of "presents". Wonder if the Sens will return the favor.

19 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Whomever they play, if it's only 2ish minutes, it really won't matter.

Super nervous about the game. Pens looked very beatable at the start of this series. Now it feels like Anderson will need to steal another game.

Anderson stole game 1 and kept the Sens close in game 2. If the Sens are going to win it is going to be on a great performance by Andy. At 36, I think he knows this is potentially his last shot. I imagine he will be motivated and ready to go.

All the pressure is on Pittsburgh. Ottawa was never supposed to be here. If the Sens lose it's been an amazing year. No one will be upset.

Proud of what Ottawa has accomplished both as a team and as a fan base.

Go get 'em boys.

Game winning goal: Zac Smith

3-2 Sens final

20 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:I think it will be Kelly, too. Brassard had not taken a faceoff in games 5 and 6 and was 1 of 8 in game 4. He's definitely got something preventing him from taking draws so we need a LHS center.

It's a shoulder injury.

21 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Kelly has played in one game these playoffs -- game 5 of the opening round series.  The Sens were up 3-1 in the series but could not close it out at home as the Bruins won 3-2 in OT.  Kelly played just over 7 minutes, had one shot on goal, one hit, and one faceoff win in two draws.  Assuming he plays tonight, expect him to take more than just 2 draws, but probably not much more than 7 minutes TOI.  Still way more than White or Neil.

22 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 2:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The more I think about it, the more important guys like Pageau, Smith and Stalberg will be tonight, especially Smith and Pageau. Pageau needs to be involved from puck drop and Smith needs to punish guys and be a pain in the Donkey.

23 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Kelly has played in one game these playoffs -- game 5 of the opening round series.  The Sens were up 3-1 in the series but could not close it out at home as the Bruins won 3-2 in OT.  Kelly played just over 7 minutes, had one shot on goal, one hit, and one faceoff win in two draws.  Assuming he plays tonight, expect him to take more than just 2 draws, but probably not much more than 7 minutes TOI.  Still way more than White or Neil.

This will probably be an unpopular comment but I hope Neil plays. If someone is going to play 2-3 minutes I hope it's him. His presence on the forecheck is more valuable than White and Kelly, and I think he can shift the momentum of the game with a big hit or even by being on the bench. He's been a soldier for Ottawa for over 2,000 games. I'd like to see him out there tonight.

24 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Neil isn't even being considered

25 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If it's between Neil and Kelly and it's for 2 or 3 minutes of ice time I take Neil without question. Kelly brings nothing. He's too slow and too old. At least Neil can throw the odd hit, get some emotion in the guys and make them all play a few inches taller.

- Unknown Author

26 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore
I never thought we'd be in this situation but we are 1 win away from the Stanley cup finals. If we can hold off Malkin and Crosby we have this game. I believe the team will come out focused as usual but hopefully not sitting back for the majority of the game. Get shots on net and be in front of Murray as often as possible. I have a terrible feeling the refs may play a part in this game. Let's go Sens, really happy at what this team has been able to accomplish so far.

Sens win 3-1, empty netter.

27 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 5:01 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Kelly has played in one game these playoffs -- game 5 of the opening round series.  The Sens were up 3-1 in the series but could not close it out at home as the Bruins won 3-2 in OT.  Kelly played just over 7 minutes, had one shot on goal, one hit, and one faceoff win in two draws.  Assuming he plays tonight, expect him to take more than just 2 draws, but probably not much more than 7 minutes TOI.  Still way more than White or Neil.

This will probably be an unpopular comment but I hope Neil plays. If someone is going to play 2-3 minutes I hope it's him. His presence on the forecheck is more valuable than White and Kelly, and I think he can shift the momentum of the game with a big hit or even by being on the bench. He's been a soldier for Ottawa for over 2,000 games. I'd like to see him out there tonight.

Huh? Did you mean 1000?

28 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm very nervous.

29 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Hobiesens wrote:I never thought we'd be in this situation but we are 1 win away from the Stanley cup finals. If we can hold off Malkin and Crosby we have this game. I believe the team will come out focused as usual but hopefully not sitting back for the majority of the game. Get shots on net and be in front of Murray as often as possible. I have a terrible feeling the refs may play a part in this game. Let's go Sens, really happy at what this team has been able to accomplish so far.

Sens win 3-1, empty netter.
Get the Cussing PP going!!! Drive to the net!!! Jeez I'm already frustrated and the game hasn't stated,a

30 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Ohnoes!

Well whatever happens tonight, it's been a hell of a season and we can't really be upset to be taking it to game 7 of the ECF with pens. It's a hell of a ride and it looks really promising for what's to come.

But for now let's kick the living Dung out of these flightless birds and take our asses to the finals!
GO SENS GO!!!! Boxing GoSensGo! The Don

31 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
This is so stressful! Ohnoes!

32 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Wow Phaneuf. Bad penalty. It could cost us the game.

33 Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm on Thu May 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Seriously, how Dung is the CBC streaming service! I missed both sens goal tonight due to it freezing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum