ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: ECFGDT#7: Sens @ Pens, May 25, 8:00 pm

Post by PTFlea on Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am

I keep replaying the Turris play where he saved a goal then was allowed to walk down the middle and Murray saved it. Can't stop thinking about it. Thought that was gonna be a goal for us.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

Ev wrote:Well I came so close to winning 6k on the sens. I could have guaranteed myself 2K but didn't bet on penguins. Felt wrong to do that. Oh well

Holy cow. How much did you have to wager?

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

I have nothing but positives to say about that season, series, and game. Go Sens.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am

To come that close...Diddle that is going to hurt until October. Nashville is there for the taking too, missing Johansen (although they're still obviously really good).

Anderson did everything he could, again. We just didn't quite generate enough offensive opportunities. Gotta hand it to Pittsburgh, they sure play well no matter who's in the lineup for them. Quite remarkable. And now I hope they get destroyed.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 pm

spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:Well I came so close to winning 6k on the sens. I could have guaranteed myself 2K but didn't bet on penguins. Felt wrong to do that. Oh well

Holy cow. How much did you have to wager?

My bet was $250. We were 25-1 to win East before the season.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Anderson was a beast and rebounded well. Now is not the time to really discuss this, but I think they should be looking at his replacement now. I'm not sure he can have another year like this, and he was inconsistent in the playoffs.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Ev wrote:Anderson was a beast and rebounded well. Now is not the time to really discuss this, but I think they should be looking at his replacement now. I'm not sure he can have another year like this, and he was inconsistent in the playoffs.

I'll make a thread for off-season stuff for the Sens, because this is a very interesting point.

Still sad and haven't eaten yet today Sad.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri May 26, 2017 2:57 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Anderson was a beast and rebounded well. Now is not the time to really discuss this, but I think they should be looking at his replacement now. I'm not sure he can have another year like this, and he was inconsistent in the playoffs.

I'll make a thread for off-season stuff for the Sens, because this is a very interesting point.

The people who aren't sad and are saying 'they went farther than I thought!' are not the real fans IMO. I'm crushed.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri May 26, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm sad but proud. I know we will be back. But I definitely think we could have beaten Nashville

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1884
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri May 26, 2017 3:48 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

The people who aren't sad and are saying 'they went farther than I thought!' are not the real fans IMO. I'm crushed.

You can't say that. I'm quite proud of what they accomplished this year. They lost in game 7 double OT to the defending cup champs on enemy turf. Hell of a season, guys.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13585

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Agreed. I'm very proud of what the team accomplished. Still devastated but proud all the same.

- Unknown Author
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri May 26, 2017 5:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

You can't say that. I'm quite proud of what they accomplished this year. They lost in game 7 double OT to the defending cup champs on enemy turf. Hell of a season, guys.

That's not really what I mean, it's harder than I thought to explain. The people who are upbeat about it aren't as crushed as they should be - because I swear, we were gonna win it all.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47669
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri May 26, 2017 6:34 pm

I get exactly what you're saying, Flea.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12918
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

That's not really what I mean, it's harder than I thought to explain. The people who are upbeat about it aren't as crushed as they should be - because I swear, we were gonna win it all.

I think it's a whole bag of emotions. I was more upset when we went to the finals because frankly, it felt like a culmination of so many years of contention. Of course I didn't think it be the last year of contention. I'm sad now because we showed them we could take them on. We could actually defeat the pens. To go to game 7 in double OT is almost like beating them. All it would have took was one bounce to go our way. I guess I'm happy also because it shows me we are actually ready to compete! Sure the pens and the bruins had plenty of injuries but I think it also means that with potentially one decent acquisition we will be in the same spot next year and possibly for many years to come. Now to talk about what we need to get there again, in another thread
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47669
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat May 27, 2017 12:31 am

We had tons of injuries too. Karlsson had two hairline fractures and also hurt his ankle, Boro missed last 15 games? Burrows was gone. Ceci was playing hurt. Brassard did not take any draws. Methot still had his pinky taped to his ring finger and had to wear special glove. Stone was nursing something. Probably more will come out. Smith wasn't 100%.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sat May 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah, we had a bunch of guys playing through injuries, but that was about a healthy a lineup as you're gonna get in the Conference Finals.

Honestly, once Dzingel scored late in the 3rd to tie it up again, I thought we had it for sure.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat May 27, 2017 4:55 pm

How many points did our D have outside of Karl? Not many. That's one major issue for next season (Chabot?)
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12918
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 pm

PTFlea wrote:How many points did our D have outside of Karl? Not many. That's one major issue for next season (Chabot?)
    I bet you that's what the management team is thinking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:52 am