You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 64]

31 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:28 am

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Premier jerseys are the replicas with no hard logos on the shoulders, no fight strap, lighter fabric, sized by S, M, L, XL

Authentics have fight strap, are sized by number, hard sewn logos on shoulders.

No chance those are real though. And no chance I'd be caught wearing a fake.

32 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I see Dorion working out a deal with Vegas for them to take a player Dorion can afford to lose while sweetening the pot for Vegas.

33 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
I wonder when they will annouce the new jerseys for next year?

34 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:13 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I wonder when they will annouce the new jerseys for next year?

The jerseys are all being unveiled at the draft, which makes a lot of sense actually.

35 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:05 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TSN posted a couple mock expansion draft Vegas teams and both have Freddy C on them.

http://www.tsn.ca/seravalli-button-choose-vegas-rosters-1.768053

I'd rather lose Wideman, Ceci, and maybe even Methot (although that's just speculating on him declining and Freddy getting better).

36 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:09 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You'd rather lose Ceci? Claesson is nothing more than a bottom pair D right now. And he's older than Ceci.

No way I'd rather lose Ceci...

37 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:11 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:You'd rather lose Ceci? Claesson is nothing more than a bottom pair D right now. And he's older than Ceci.

No way I'd rather lose Ceci...

Yeah, I dunno, maybe I'm smoking dope.  Maybe it makes more sense to lose a LD since we have Chabot coming?

38 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:TSN posted a couple mock expansion draft Vegas teams and both have Freddy C on them.

http://www.tsn.ca/seravalli-button-choose-vegas-rosters-1.768053

I'd rather lose Wideman, Ceci, and maybe even Methot (although that's just speculating on him declining and Freddy getting better).


That's a hella stinky team right there for Vegas.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

39 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
As always, I love me some TRADES!!!! Hopefully Dorion has something in the works. And soon. There's a trade freeze kicking in on the 16th. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

40 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:52 am

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:As always, I love me some TRADES!!!! Hopefully Dorion has something in the works. And soon. There's a trade freeze kicking in on the 16th. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
That's kind of silly with the expansion draft around the corner.

I'm thinking that for now Pierre will stand pat or if anything work a deal with vegas

41 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
My opinion is that Sakic leaked info to MacKenzie etc. to try to get a bidding war going for Duchene, but no one is going to give the Avs a top prospect like the Russian from Montreal or Chabot from Ottawa - which puts us in a good position. White or Brown plus Ceci should absolutely get the convo started IMO. Maybe our 1st as well, but I think we could do it, we can land this player and set us up to be a force next year. All it would take...is a guy like Duchene. A star forward who is responsible on both sides of the puck and a destroyer in the faceoff dot.

Make it so.

42 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:My opinion is that Sakic leaked info to MacKenzie etc. to try to get a bidding war going for Duchene, but no one is going to give the Avs a top prospect like the Russian from Montreal or Chabot from Ottawa - which puts us in a good position.  White or Brown plus Ceci should absolutely get the convo started IMO.  Maybe our 1st as well, but I think we could do it, we can land this player and set us up to be a force next year.  All it would take...is a guy like Duchene.  A star forward who is responsible on both sides of the puck and a destroyer in the faceoff dot.

Make it so.

There could be some hesitation due to Duchene's expiring contract and the UFA/RFA's that we have coming up. Turris and Stone will be up for big raises as will Pageau. Then Karlsson soon after.

We also have to consider that Duchene's numbers have been regressing these past few seasons. Yes, I get that he was on a bad team but it is concerning. We don't need another Bobby Ryan type situation.

I think I'd be more inclined to go after Drouin, but could see a Drouin/Duchene trade being worked out if Tampa could somehow free up some cap space. Duchene would be a great fit in Tampa and Drouin could be reunited with MacKinnon.

I think the Sens are smart to hold on to their three top-end prospects (White, Chabot, Brown) since we will need their ELC's if we want to re-sign Karlsson and still be competitive.

But I do agree that Smith and Ceci are definitely trade-bait/expansion draft eligible this off-season. Even Claesson if we think Chabot is ready to play in the NHL.



43 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:02 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:My opinion is that Sakic leaked info to MacKenzie etc. to try to get a bidding war going for Duchene, but no one is going to give the Avs a top prospect like the Russian from Montreal or Chabot from Ottawa - which puts us in a good position.  White or Brown plus Ceci should absolutely get the convo started IMO.  Maybe our 1st as well, but I think we could do it, we can land this player and set us up to be a force next year.  All it would take...is a guy like Duchene.  A star forward who is responsible on both sides of the puck and a destroyer in the faceoff dot.

Make it so.

There could be some hesitation due to Duchene's expiring contract and the UFA/RFA's that we have coming up. Turris and Stone will be up for big raises as will Pageau. Then Karlsson soon after.

We also have to consider that Duchene's numbers have been regressing these past few seasons. Yes, I get that he was on a bad team but it is concerning. We don't need another Bobby Ryan type situation.

I think I'd be more inclined to go after Drouin, but could see a Drouin/Duchene trade being worked out if Tampa could somehow free up some cap space. Duchene would be a great fit in Tampa and Drouin could be reunited with MacKinnon.

I think the Sens are smart to hold on to their three top-end prospects (White, Chabot, Brown) since we will need their ELC's if we want to re-sign Karlsson and still be competitive.

But I do agree that Smith and Ceci are definitely trade-bait/expansion draft eligible this off-season. Even Claesson if we think Chabot is ready to play in the NHL.




Duchene isn't really a Ryan type player though, in that he's a faster player who won't get bogged down by his skating like Ryan. He's also a faceoff wizard, which is integral to what we want to do. The money isn't a major issue IMO.

He's the catch. The guy who plays all facets and plays they well. The Brassard trade, but with loads more talent.

44 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Needless to say I do not expect a very busy off-season:
- Pre-expansion draft Ceci trade (package for a top-six forward)
- Smith being taken in expansion draft (if Ryan is protected)
- Claesson trade (if Chabot is ready)

I do think Vegas takes Ryan if the Sens leave him unprotected.

45 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:06 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Someone on Twitter was going on about how the Sens should take a run at Tavares...which is a nice thought, but I can't imagine what the trade package would have to look like for him. Duchene is a more realistic target, but I'm not sure Dorion will want to give up the prospects for him either....I'm pretty sure Dorion is already on record saying he's not mortgaging the future this summer.

46 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Needless to say I do not expect a very busy off-season:
- Pre-expansion draft Ceci trade (package for a top-six forward)
- Smith being taken in expansion draft (if Ryan is protected)
- Claesson trade (if Chabot is ready)

I do think Vegas takes Ryan if the Sens leave him unprotected.

I would NOT trade Claesson, no way, no how. He's fantastic as a number 5 guy who might be able to move up and play in the top 4 next season and beyond. He and Harper are 2 cheap, effective players - not for sale!

tim1_2 wrote:Someone on Twitter was going on about how the Sens should take a run at Tavares...which is a nice thought, but I can't imagine what the trade package would have to look like for him.  Duchene is a more realistic target, but I'm not sure Dorion will want to give up the prospects for him either....I'm pretty sure Dorion is already on record saying he's not mortgaging the future this summer.

Dorion might say that, but he knows we're close. Going out to get Duchene would put us in the mix of contender status - especially with a veteran righty coming in too.

47 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Duchene is overrated. Tavares only has one more year so he wouldn't cost that much IMO.

48 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I assume any deal for Tavares would also be contingent on him signing with his new team.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum