You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » 2017 Sens Off-Season

2017 Sens Off-Season

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 64]

4812017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Stahlberg signs 2 year deal with EV Zug in the Swiss League.

4822017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
No big loss there.

4832017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:07 am

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Fare thee well Stalberg...we hardly knew you. He must have wanted to go back overseas...he must've been offered at least one NHL contract.

4842017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hard to believe we offered him a contract if he decided to sign in Switzerland.

4852017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They offered him a 1 year deal.

4862017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:They offered him a 1 year deal.
And he balked at a one year NHL deal to go to Switzerland? Wth?

4872017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:They offered him a 1 year deal.
And he balked at a one year NHL deal to go to Switzerland? Wth?

Well, here he would've been a fringe NHLer, and over there he's close to home.... I dunno what the $$$ difference would be for a one year deal here to a two year deal there. I'll never blame anyone for going to play in Switzerland....such a beautiful place.

4882017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:They offered him a 1 year deal.
And he balked at a one year NHL deal to go to Switzerland? Wth?

Well, here he would've been a fringe NHLer, and over there he's close to home....  I dunno what the $$$ difference would be for a one year deal here to a two year deal there.  I'll never blame anyone for going to play in Switzerland....such a beautiful place.

It's also extremely expensive to live there. Staying in the NHL would have given him a chance at another contract after that. It's a lot harder to make the switch back. He's done as an NHler.

4892017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:They offered him a 1 year deal.
And he balked at a one year NHL deal to go to Switzerland? Wth?

Well, here he would've been a fringe NHLer, and over there he's close to home....  I dunno what the $$$ difference would be for a one year deal here to a two year deal there.  I'll never blame anyone for going to play in Switzerland....such a beautiful place.

It's also extremely expensive to live there. Staying in the NHL would have given him a chance at another contract after that. It's a lot harder to make the switch back. He's done as an NHler.

Maybe he's happier living closer to home. I mean he's still relatively young and all, but he's won a cup. Maybe he feels like he's accomplished what he wanted to do at the NHL level and wasn't satisfied playing 10 minutes a night in a depth role in Canada. He had 16 points last year - maybe he thought his value was higher than what was being offered. Lots of variables that we don't know about.

4902017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I have made my stance clear in that I think some prospects should be given a chance to play so I am personally happy with this decision.

There still isn't a roster spot on the bottom-six available but there's at least one less guy that a prospect has to jump at this point.

4912017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:They offered him a 1 year deal.
And he balked at a one year NHL deal to go to Switzerland? Wth?

Well, here he would've been a fringe NHLer, and over there he's close to home....  I dunno what the $$$ difference would be for a one year deal here to a two year deal there.  I'll never blame anyone for going to play in Switzerland....such a beautiful place.

It's also extremely expensive to live there. Staying in the NHL would have given him a chance at another contract after that. It's a lot harder to make the switch back. He's done as an NHler.

Yeah, pricey to live for sure. Some of those European teams/leagues give players a free place to stay though...not sure if that's the case for Stalberg.

4922017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:01 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
As the roster stands now, how do we see the Sens lineup looking come October?

4932017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As the roster stands now, how do we see the Sens lineup looking come October?
Barring any large trades Dorion might be working on this I'd likely it with white making the club

4942017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dorion has his work cut out for him with two RFAs (Pageau and Dzingel) and two pending FAs entering their contract year (he can officially start taking to Stone and Turris, now).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

4952017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That Johnson contract might be a good one for Stone. Maybe 5.5

4962017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That Johnson contract could also be good for a Turris comparable.

4972017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Stone maybe but Turris is UFA.  I'd say 6 per for Stone and 7 per for Turris.

4982017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:Stone maybe but Turris is UFA.  I'd say 6 per for Stone and 7 per for Turris.
Sadly but I think you are rig about Turris. Depending what kind of year stone has but he might come in cheaper.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum