2017 Sens Off-Season

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I see Turris at $6.5M which is almost double what he made before. Again, one of Ryan or Phaneuf (or both) will be moved at some point over the next 2 years. That should help off-set some of these costs.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48313
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Who do we have to lose to move Ryan or Phaneuf?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13379
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm

So what do people think about a trade for nyquist? The wings are squeezed against the cap and his numbers have been down for a couple of seasons so they can't be asking for the moon. No salary going back the other way though. Maybe small salary but not much. Wideman and a pick?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16509
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So what do people think about a trade for nyquist? The wings are squeezed against the cap and his numbers have been down for a couple of seasons so they can't be asking for the moon. No salary going back the other way though. Maybe small salary but not much. Wideman and a pick?

There's zero chance we're trading for anyone that has a salary like Nyquist ($4.75M) unless we're getting rid of Phaneuf, Ryan, Turris, Stone, or someone else who's making big bucks or about to make big bucks.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Has anyone run the numbers? Take away Methot, Neil, Kelly, Lazar, Puempel, then add on raises for Pageau, Condom, Dzingel (am I missing anyone?), Oduya and 80% of Mac's salary that won't be covered by insurance. Pretty sure we are well ahead of last season's payroll.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Quick calculation we are about $3.6 ahead of last season. Most of that is MacArthur.

Also add Chabot and White, if they stick.

So, no, we're not getting Nyquist.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:12 pm

So, with the re-brand well underway, I still fail to understand why the 3D logo will be around one more year. With Adidas the restriction was not to have a third jersey. They still could have gone with the =O= right away. Now, instead, we will have that stupid 3D centurion stand out even more because of the =O= everywhere else.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21021
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm

wprager wrote:So, with the re-brand well underway, I still fail to understand why the 3D logo will be around one more year. With Adidas the restriction was not to have a third jersey. They still could have gone with the =O= right away. Now, instead, we will have that stupid 3D centurion stand out even more because of the =O= everywhere else.

False no team was allowed to rebrand their primary logo this year

I like the 3D logo so I have no issue with it sticking around right now

Most people don't realize we have had this O logo for 10 years now
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:00 pm

I don't think you are correct.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/report-no-alternate-jerseys-next-season-as-adidas-takes-over-nhl-uniforms

That article mentions how the Oilers will be using their orange alternates as their home jerseys. So there is no reason that the Senators couldn't have used the =O=. They just couldn't use two different logos.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:01 am

So Erik got married I hear? Time to settle down Erik. Long term... Sarcasm
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 am

wprager wrote:I don't think you are correct.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/report-no-alternate-jerseys-next-season-as-adidas-takes-over-nhl-uniforms

That article mentions how the Oilers will be using their orange alternates as their home jerseys. So there is no reason that the Senators couldn't have used the =O=. They just couldn't use two different logos.

The oilers alternates had the same logo. The sens couldn't rebrand this year. Simple as that.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So Erik got married I hear? Time to settle down Erik. Long term... Sarcasm

Let's hope. Also, media was asked not to show up at the wedding. Brennan did (probably told to by Sun Media), and Lehner gave him the finger. Laughing3
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:I don't think you are correct.

The oilers alternates had the same logo. The sens couldn't rebrand this year. Simple as that.

Was that explicitly stated somewhere? They already had both a home and away heritage jerseys. Pretty sure the limitation was not to have more than one.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:05 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:So Erik got married I hear? Time to settle down Erik. Long term... Sarcasm

Let's hope. Also, media was asked not to show up at the wedding. Brennan did (probably told to by Sun Media), and Lehner gave him the finger. Laughing3

Yeah I read the Brennan piece. They didn't take pictures but of course Brennan is the guy there. Good on Lehner
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:27 am

So apparently we lost our chief European scout to Edmonton this week? Have we even replaced the last guy we lost?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 am

Flo The Action wrote:So apparently we lost our chief European scout to Edmonton this week? Have we even replaced the last guy we lost?

Yeah, I read somewhere that now they had another European scout on the payroll. Honestly, in this day and age, I think scouting is overrated (i.e. sending guys all over the globe to scout).
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:So apparently we lost our chief European scout to Edmonton this week? Have we even replaced the last guy we lost?

Yeah, I read somewhere that now they had another European scout on the payroll. Honestly, in this day and age, I think scouting is overrated (i.e. sending guys all over the globe to scout).

Excuse me what? In a league where you need to draft to be successful? How else are you going to get the goods.

A scout on payroll can also mean they live in Europe. They don't have to be situated in Ottawa.

How else do you expect to get an eye on the game? The TV doesn't show you entire plays. Especially away from the puck.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:14 pm

They replaced him already and they have three European scouts. CHL and NCAA are way more important so I agree you don't need scouts all over the globe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:01 am