You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 64]

931 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

Ceci and a first or brown is way enough

What was the Isles deal?

932 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

Ceci and a first or brown is way enough

What was the Isles deal?

Hamonic, I think. Which they don't really have a huge need for. They need a lefty.

933 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:

Hamonic, I think.  Which they don't really have a huge need for.  They need a lefty.

Ok, fine, Boro.

934 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
It was hamonic plus a 1st and a second I think.

935 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:It was hamonic plus a 1st and a second I think.

Geez...still, not optimum for Colorado to have 3 big minute right dmen

936 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:06 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's a big haul though...would be tempting.

937 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 am

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Whatever happens I can't see duchene still in Colorado by game 1. Too many teams involved. I just hope it's not the habs.

938 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I get trading for Duchene from an Ottawa perspective to push for the Cup this year and next. I just think there's no real way to resign given Turris/Stone/Karlsson contracts need to be worked out. So it will indeed be mortgaging the future for winning now...which I'm not opposed to.

939 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

940 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team. Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties. Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season. Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards. Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

941 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team.  Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties.  Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season.  Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards.  Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).

Duchene plays for the Avs. I disagree that he's not as valuable, he's a good two-way centre for sure. He'd be better than Turris as a #1 C for Ottawa IMO.

942 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 am

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team.  Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties.  Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season.  Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards.  Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).

Duchene plays for the Avs. I disagree that he's not as valuable, he's a good two-way centre for sure. He'd be better than Turris as a #1 C for Ottawa IMO.

He's definitely an upgrade on Turris. Also, why would you bring up Turris's faceoff ability, prags? Duchene is one of the best in the league. Didn't he have like 60% last year? Turris won't be able to use his leg move this year either.

EDIT: 62.6% for Duchene and 53.1% for Turris.

943 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Duchene is a monster on draws - if he's still effective after this rule change. Turris has grown and developed here though, I'd like to keep him personally. If you can add Duchene for futures that don't included Chabot, then go for it, but if it included Turris, I don't see the point personally.

944 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I don't see why you add duchene either if it takes out turris. Personally I see us as a better team with both of them on the team, one of the other is only a slight upgrade. Even if that.

I say we should make a move for duschene and see where the pieces fall two years from now.

By resigning turris we'd have control over his contract and in two years you could resign duchene and have an extremely good trade chip in turris.
At any rate this would also send the right message to karlsson about winning and could play very favourably in contract talks next summer.

945 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
If we did resign turris and duschene we have brass coming off the books also in two years.
Duschene and turris as a 1 and 2 is pretty decent. Or even if white makes his way as a top 2 someone moves to the wing and you have a great top 6.

946 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'd personally say that you need to have both Turris and Duchene. Duchene that can play LW and take the left handed draws and Turris to be the pivot.

If you're going to do it, go for it, just don't trade Chabot at this point.

947 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:I'd personally say that you need to have both Turris and Duchene.  Duchene that can play LW and take the left handed draws and Turris to be the pivot.

If you're going to do it, go for it, just don't trade Chabot at this point.

I think chabot is my only untouchable at this point in so far as prospects. I would rather keep white and brown but if one of those two can turn us into a serious cap tender then so be it. But we better be serious.

948 Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I wonder if a trade might come in the form of Englund, Ceci and a pick. I know the right side is pretty decent in the top 4 in Colorado but they've been talking about moving on from Barrie for a while now.

Could Sakic move Barrie for a left handed D he's coveting? They could get a pretty good one right handed D don't come cheap.
Or could there be a three way trade?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum