Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12764
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm

spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Everyone I read talking about the expansion is talking protecting their players. I don't understand why we don't go after a bigger fish! You look at who's available as an upgrade over Methot instead of paying to protect him. That way you add instead of substracting and still losing another valuable piece.

There are some quality Dmen out there. Maybe you go after dumba(if Vegas listens) that way it makes Ceci expendable to trade for that forward we want.

Unless they swing a trade for picks only, they'll have to subtract to add. You think we can get an upgrade on Methot for free?
    No but if it costs us a first to protect Methot and we still wind up losing claesson I say we let them have Methot and trade a first and a decent prospect for a guy like dumba.
    It costs us more but we get more.
    We worry about filling methot' shoes if claesson (or possibly Phaneuf) isn't suited to that top pairing. But we upgrade on Ceci so dumba can be paired with chabot down the road or claesson or whoever we wind up picking up in FA. There are options. What I'm saying is instead of just thinking about protecting our line-up we should focus on making it better.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Ev wrote:Voracek is pretty soft lol. I would do anything to get a prime Lucic and Landeskog

He is, but he's that speedy, big winger that has loads of skill.

Right now we should be looking at a deal with Colorado for Duchene or Landeskog, but with Chabot off the table I wonder if there's even a point.
    We missed the boat on Drouin. I wonder how much more than Ceci it would have taken to get him? Ceci and a B level prospect?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54125
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Ev wrote:Voracek is pretty soft lol. I would do anything to get a prime Lucic and Landeskog

Right now we should be looking at a deal with Colorado for Duchene or Landeskog, but with Chabot off the table I wonder if there's even a point.
    We missed the boat on Drouin. I wonder how much more than Ceci it would have taken to get him? Ceci and a B level prospect?

Chabot or bust I think. They waited and waited and waited to get the Russian kid out of Montreal. Basically waited for one of us to blink IMO
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Chabot or bust I think. They waited and waited and waited to get the Russian kid out of Montreal. Basically waited for one of us to blink IMO
    im not sure. Rumour was during the season that they asked for Ceci +
    So I think what they wanted was a young D man. Especially a righty.
    Now sergachev is a lefty so technically they are still serching for a righty.unfortunetly they traded their best asset that fit our need. I know you have a soft side for palat but I feel we need a guy that's more a scorer. Also, I think they won't be trading any more LW.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54125

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Now sergachev is a lefty so technically they are still serching for a righty.unfortunetly they traded their best asset that fit our need. I know you have a soft side for palat but I feel we need a guy that's more a scorer. Also, I think they won't be trading any more LW.

I don't think Tampa's trading anyone else of significance. The chance continues to lie with Duchene and Landeskog. Can't see how we do it though, but I'd keep on that.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13565

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am

Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

Stone,Hoffman,Turris, CMac, Duchene/Landeskog, Ryan as your top six is pretty solid but, what about the D?

Karlsson,Phaneuf,Chabot,Wideman,Claesson, Borieweki seems pretty thin for a team hoping to make it to the final next season.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

Stone,Hoffman,Turris, CMac, Duchene/Landeskog, Ryan as your top six is pretty solid but, what about the D?

Karlsson,Phaneuf,Chabot,Wideman,Claesson, Borieweki seems pretty thin for a team hoping to make it to the final next season.

Pitt won the cup with a terrible defence.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16159
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

I'm guessing that if they lose Methot, they might try and sign another quality vet...but then again, with Claesson performing well in the playoffs, Harpur emerging, and Boro being healthy, they might try and roll with what they have...that would be the Senators way (saving money).
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 am

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

I don't think Tampa's trading anyone else of significance. The chance continues to lie with Duchene and Landeskog. Can't see how we do it though, but I'd keep on that.

There's always the surprising trade or two. Duchene and Lando are getting all the attention, but who knows if someone else is being quietly shopped.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

tim1_2 wrote:

I'm guessing that if they lose Methot, they might try and sign another quality vet...but then again, with Claesson performing well in the playoffs, Harpur emerging, and Boro being healthy, they might try and roll with what they have...that would be the Senators way (saving money).

Maybe Mark calls his bro?
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 pm

I think we take it one step at a time. We see first who we lose to expansion and go from there. I don't see it as a good move to trade our 1st to protect Methot and then loose claesson. Like it's been said, we should be able to get a quality vet in FA to add stability to this line-up thats going to get some youth infusions.
    The problem then lies on getting a top LW forward. Maybe that's when we use our 1st and brown?

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

All the more reason why the should have protected Methot over Ceci. Doesn't bode well for a team that will need to re-sign Karlsson in two years. Hey Karl, we're not doing what it takes to keep your defence partner around.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20693
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

All the more reason why the should have protected Methot over Ceci. Doesn't bode well for a team that will need to re-sign Karlsson in two years. Hey Karl, we're not doing what it takes to keep your defence partner around.
    There was no good reason to keep a 32 year old injury prone one-dimensional d-man who you control for only one more season over a young Top 4 D with much more potential. C'mon man. Karlsson knows it's a business and I'm sure he couldn't care less who his partner is. Anyone can play with him and he's won a Norris without Methot.

You're making this out to be something it's not. There's no drama here.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Yeah. I have a feeling that karlsson is gonna make anyone look like a first pairing D. If he did it with Kuba the sky is the limit. That's why I'm really tempted to roll with claesson and if it doesn't work then another vet Dman can come in and fill his shoes.

Anybody hear about that methot to Toronto Dung? Laugh1
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

There was no good reason to keep a 32 year old injury prone one-dimensional d-man who you control for only one more season over a young Top 4 D with much more potential. C'mon man. Karlsson knows it's a business and I'm sure he couldn't care less who his partner is. Anyone can play with him and he's won a Norris without Methot.

You're making this out to be something it's not. There's no drama here.

I agree. Have a Snickers, DWC. You're not thinking straight.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:23 pm

spader wrote:Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.
    That's kind of funny. I like it!
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20693
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:36 pm

This Vegas team will be trash. They are getting a lot of futures in picks and prospects though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 am