2017 NHL draft talk

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12996
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: 2017 NHL draft talk

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.
    If not kulikov is an interesting name out there but that would likely force Phaneuf to play top line.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1922
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am

Flo The Action wrote:I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.
    If not kulikov is an interesting name out there but that would likely force Phaneuf to play top line.

Not sure they will go to that extent to add a UFA of that calibre. I see Ottawa adding some depth pieces. Forwards such as Nate Thompson or Brandon Pirri who can play bottom six minutes and add some offense. Personally I am surprised that Pyatt hasn't signed yet, and at this point I don't see Stalberg coming back. So both may not be back as the Sens lineup is pretty full as it is.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
    Mac-Brassard-Ryan
    Smith-Pageau-XXXXX
    Dzingel-White-Burrows

Phaneuf-Karlsson
    Claesson-Ceci
    Boro-Wideman
    Extra: Chabot

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20805
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 am

Sens will definitely add a UFA and I think Phaneuf will be traded without question now.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1922
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Ev wrote:Sens will definitely add a UFA and I think Phaneuf will be traded without question now.

You're probably right. The key for Ottawa is to make a trade where his salary is completely off the books. The nice thing is his salary continues to diminish over time so even if we get roped with a portion of his salary it won't be too bad going forward.

I just have zero sense of what his value is and his value may increase once Shattenkirk is no longer a UFA. But Vegas is probably thinking the same hence their desire for the market to dry up before making trades with other teams.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Stone is the answer. He's a really solid player.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:00 pm

I like the Alex Formenton pick a lot. A couple of pre drafts had him in the 35-37 range and one publication (can't recall if it was McKeen) said that if his brain and hands ever catch up to his feet, he'll be hugely dangerous. I like this one, I think the kid can breakout a bit next year and be a real candidate down the road.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.

Alzner has bad hand issues from blocking shots. He can't open jars apparently, has very, very weak wrists etc. He's a massive risk, probably pass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 am