2017 RedBlacks

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47948
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: 2017 RedBlacks

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:15 am

Trying to recall the first game of the season. After regulation they each played a mini-game from the 35. Neither one scored, so they played another set, each scoring a field goal. Then it ended in a tie.

I get it that they need the games to end, but this starting on the 35 it's like some baseball leagues where they put a man on second to start the extra innings. Not a fan.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Redblacks hang on to an ugly win. But 2 points is 2 points. 2nd place even though the Als have a game in hand.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 pm

wprager wrote:Redblacks hang on to an ugly win. But 2 points is 2 points. 2nd place even though the Als have a game in hand.

They play the Als next too don't they?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Als, then TiCats, then Als again.

If they figure out how to play a full 60 minutes thru could be in first.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 am

Leafd Argos lost yesterday. Redblacks just 1 point out of first. Both teams have played 10 games.

Short week for the Redblacks, they play Thursday in Montreal. Harris has a banged up index finger on his throwing hand. The Als are pretty good at home.

The Argos don't play until a week from Monday, and their opponent will be the winless Tigercats. What are the chances that Hamilton finally gets a win? Their coach fired himself, so that could help.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Kenny Shaw's season likely done. Not great. One of the issues with the Redblacks was that after Ellingson and Sinopoli the choices were limited, or at least those were the only two Harris threw to later in the game. Shaw came back to the lineup 2 games ago, didn't he? And they won both games since he came back. Guess it's time for someone else to step up.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Pretty impressive win. Total domination on both sides of the ball. So much for the Montreal defence, who are supposed to be good.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:09 pm

First place. For now.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Tide finally turning for the RedBlacks?

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:16 pm

All the Argos have to do to regain 1st is win in Hamilton on Labour Day. 0-8 TiCats. Should be a gimme, right?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Ottawa has played 3 games more than Hamilton. Good job, schedule makers.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:46 pm

Argos lose, so Redbacks maintain first place.

Hamilton had a 3 point lead when the Argos missed a 37 yard FG with the wind, and under a minute to go. Should have been automatic with a couple knees taken by Masoli. Except the TiCats take a penalty, moving the ball back and stopping the clock. So they have to kick it away into the wind with 11 second to go. Pretty much had to be returned for a major. Huge kick and they stop the return, but take another penalty. So time for a hail Mary but that's as close as it got.

Hamilton wins their first of the year. Redblacks stay in first.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:17 am

wprager wrote:All the Argos have to do to regain 1st is win in Hamilton on Labour Day. 0-8 TiCats. Should be a gimme, right?

Guess not.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    wprager wrote:All the Argos have to do to regain 1st is win in Hamilton on Labour Day. 0-8 TiCats. Should be a gimme, right?

Guess not.

Let's hope they celebrate long and hard and forget all about their next game. Which happens to be against Ottawa.

One of their players twisted his leg pretty badly. I was really surprised that he was not stretchered off but walked off with assistance. I guess after Turris I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but still. That looked nasty. Hopefully he's a really important player for them Smile

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Hamilton on a roll. Beat the two top teams in the East in a short week. Of course, that's not saying much.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 am

That was an unreal comeback. Down 25-6 in the third, up 30-25 with 2 seconds and a jump ball in the end zone. Two players had it in their hands on the way up, Lions player almost had possession on the way down, but it touched the turf while he was still trying to retrieve it from between his ankles.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:30 am

If anyone watched it, remember the long (50+) pint return that was negated because of a hold? Why wasn't there a no yards on that as well? Refs in the CFL are so pathetically bad.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Big game tonight. Hamilton is actually ahead of Calgary. If that score holds up and Redblacks lose, TiCats will be just 3 points back with 2 games in hand.

Edit: Stamps just went ahead, but it's still close.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:38 am