List of all Free Agent Signings July 1st, 2017

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47784
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: List of all Free Agent Signings July 1st, 2017

Post by wprager on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm

How many 4th liners do we need? $1.6M x 2 for Thompson -- Neil would have signed here for less. And what happens next season when McCormick is on a one-way? Way too many bottom-six players, none of whom have middle-six upside. That ice time is better allocated to your future top/middle six players on ELCs. White, Brown, Chlapik, Paul, Ahl.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:27 pm

If Montreal loses Markov (and it looks like they might) they will have replaced Subban and Markov with Weber and Alzner, and traded their best puck-moving prospect to get Drouin. I've seen Drouin play, he's a fun, dynamic player who can create chances in the offensive zone. But without someone moving the puck from their own goal-line or carrying it through the neutral zone he's not going to have a lot of chances to show his stuff. It used to be their greatest area of need was size down the middle, but at least they had PK who could carry the puck up the ice, and Markov with the good outlet pass. They still don't have size down the middle, no first-pass or dynamic d-man to carry it, so they will rely on wingers to carry the puck from their own blue line. Good luck winning all those 1-0 SO games.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12994
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:35 pm

wprager wrote:If Montreal loses Markov (and it looks like they might) they will have replaced Subban and Markov with Weber and Alzner, and traded their best puck-moving prospect to get Drouin. I've seen Drouin play, he's a fun, dynamic player who can create chances in the offensive zone. But without someone moving the puck from their own goal-line or carrying it through the neutral zone he's not going to have a lot of chances to show his stuff. It used to be their greatest area of need was size down the middle, but at least they had PK who could carry the puck up the ice, and Markov with the good outlet pass. They still don't have size down the middle, no first-pass or dynamic d-man to carry it, so they will rely on wingers to carry the puck from their own blue line. Good luck winning all those 1-0 SO games.

I really really hope the habs don't make the playoffs next year. Armageddon unleashed
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:49 pm

They are prepared to lose Radulov with the Drouin acquisition. They must sign Markov, now.

P.S. The also moved Beaulieu, who was a PMD.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 pm

There is a huge possibility there of missing the playoffs. All it would take is for Price to have a sub part season or get injured for a month. He's done both recently.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Marleau to the Leafs. 3 year, $6.25M per.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am