Heading to Cow Town

    Share
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:39 pm

    Surprise!!

    I'm moving to Calgary with an ETA of mid to late October. Of course I'll still be on here regularly but, my address will be right in the heart of Flames country. Well, more of the left ventricle.

    I'm moving to Strathmore AB.

    Yes I just moved but, hey time for new adventures!!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21093
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Ev on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:59 pm

    Cool, what are you going to do there man?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48480
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by wprager on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 pm

    He's a government drone. He will continue to ... drone, just a couple hours later than he did before.

    Will you have lived there long-enough to not have to claim any profit from the sale as income? Are we (taxpayers) picking up the costs associated with moving you?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13484
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

    Sounds exciting! You could probably benefit for a fresh start I take it. You will discover how delicious it is to be a fan in somewhat enemy territory. (It's not Montreal or Toronto but hey... you do what you can to make em feel the burn when we beat them)
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am

    wprager wrote:He's a government drone.  He will continue to ... drone, just a couple hours later than he did before.

    Will you have lived there long-enough to not have to claim any profit from the sale as income?  Are we (taxpayers) picking up the costs associated with moving you?

    Not to worry. I'm footing the entire bill. Continuing to drone on as a Fed is the plan though yes.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

    Flo The Action wrote:Sounds exciting! You could probably benefit for a fresh start I take it. You will discover how delicious it is to be a fan in somewhat enemy territory. (It's not Montreal or Toronto but hey... you do what you can to make em feel the burn when we beat them)

    Definitely excited for a fresh start and the grandparents reactions, well, the 4 that know on my side are all making this feel even more like the right decision for all the wrong reasons LOL.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48480
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by wprager on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:21 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    wprager wrote:He's a government drone.  He will continue to ... drone, just a couple hours later than he did before.

    Will you have lived there long-enough to not have to claim any profit from the sale as income?  Are we (taxpayers) picking up the costs associated with moving you?

    Not to worry.  I'm footing the entire bill.  Continuing to drone on as a Fed is the plan though yes.

    Oh, I don't worry. I've got a drone of my own. Hoping she holds out to 25 years, maybe longer.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 am

    4 showings tonight, one offer, one counter offer and 5 showings tomorrow.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am

    SOLD!!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2068
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:SOLD!!

    Congrats!!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13484
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:SOLD!!

    Jeez! That's fast!!! Did you tell them it was Alfie's house or something?
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13484
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 pm

    Well congrats at any rate! Seems like your plan is moving all quite nicely!
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:SOLD!!

    Jeez! That's fast!!! Did you tell them it was Alfie's house or something?

    It took less than 24 hours.  House was up at about 10am, got an offer at 8pm, countered at 9pm, email at 8am the next morning saying they accepted. Signed sealed and delivered.  They just have to waive financing and home inspection conditions by Aug 23rd.

    Also made a tidy profit after only owning the home for just over 2 months.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13484
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:SOLD!!

    Jeez! That's fast!!! Did you tell them it was Alfie's house or something?

    It took less than 24 hours.  House was up at about 10am, got an offer at 8pm, countered at 9pm, email at 8am the next morning saying they accepted. Signed sealed and delivered.  They just have to waive financing and home inspection conditions by Aug 23rd.

    Also made a tidy profit after only owning the home for just over 2 months.
    Well that's a win if I ever heard of one!
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24788
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 pm

    Best wishes, Clutcher.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Heading to Cow Town

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm