How many points will Chabot get?

    Share

    Poll

    How many points will Chabot get?

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    60% [60%] 
    [ 1 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 5

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 pm

    They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games. Glad to see them assign them to Belleville. They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

    No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys. WTF is he waiting for? 3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm

    They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21014
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Ev on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:55 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games.  Glad to see them assign them to Belleville.  They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

    No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys.  WTF is he waiting for?  3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

    Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

    I dont see any inaction here. Its just a case of brassard and karlsson ready to return
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21014
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Ev on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:56 pm

    wprager wrote:They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

    and neither showed they arent ready. But Brown would need to play wing if brassard is back
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:06 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games.  Glad to see them assign them to Belleville.  They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

    No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys.  WTF is he waiting for?  3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

    Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why  Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if  Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

    I dont see any inaction here. Its just a case of brassard and karlsson ready to return

    He assumed those guys would be in the lineup and still said he needed more offense. Guys like Brown and White is a poor excuse of an answer to that question if that's his game plan.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:11 pm

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

    and neither showed they arent ready. But Brown would need to play wing if brassard is back

    Before the last game, Boucher was quoted as saying this was the players last chance to show us what they could do and challenge for a spot. The last 3 games were terrible. Outscored 22 to 6. No one showed anything in those last three games especially when two of them would arguably be tossed out completely as games to just move on from.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21014
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Ev on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They learned that the young guys aren't ready if they learned anything at all in the last 3 games.  Glad to see them assign them to Belleville.  They need veteran NHLers right now and Dorion's inaction is getting really frustrating.

    No Karlsson to start the season, No CMac (maybe ever), No Brassard to start the season, the loss of Methot a while ago. He's been quoted as saying he wanted more offense before he even knew he'd be without all of those guys.  WTF is he waiting for?  3 or 4 more guys to get injured?

    Brassard is ready. Karlsson will most likely be back in the next week or so. That's why  Chabot was sent down. I dont think play in preseason games shows if  Chabot is ready or not, but with Karlsson back he wouldn't get much ice time

    I dont see any inaction here. Its just a case of brassard and karlsson ready to return

    He assumed those guys would be in the lineup and still said he needed more offense.  Guys like Brown and White is a poor excuse of an answer to that question if that's his game plan.

    sorry I'm not sure I'm following. The sens are capable of providing more offense without adding anything to the roster. They were a top 10 offensive team two seasons ago. That is what he's referring to.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21014
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Ev on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:They learned? Far as I know Formenton and Brown are still here.

    and neither showed they arent ready. But Brown would need to play wing if brassard is back

    Before the last game, Boucher was quoted as saying this was the players last chance to show us what they could do and challenge for a spot.  The last 3 games were terrible. Outscored 22 to 6.  No one showed anything in those last three games especially when two of them would arguably be tossed out completely as games to just move on from.

    Even Boucher knows preseason games are meaningless. A guy like Brown already showed he deserves to play regular season games and really show his worth. Boucher isn't going to say it, but it's not like it matters how they played or how many goals they gave up in the preseason.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 pm

    If Brown will have to play wing when Brassard is back then doesn't it follow that Chabot would have to play the left side? We still haven't seen what he can do playing on his natural side.

    I'm ok with this move, I really am. But don't tell me that Brown us more ready than Chabot when he got to play with Ryan and Stone. When he was put on a line with Dzingel and Burrows he did plenty of nothing.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21014
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Ev on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 pm

    wprager wrote:If Brown will have to play wing when Brassard is back then doesn't it follow that Chabot would have to play the left side?  We still haven't seen what he can do playing on his natural side.  

    I'm ok with this move, I really am.  But don't tell me that Brown us more ready than Chabot when he got to play with Ryan and Stone.  When he was put on a line with Dzingel and Burrows he did plenty of nothing.

    Chabot had plenty of opportunity in the preseason lol. It's just a numbers game on D rn
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 am

    I know he had opportunity, but not like Brown.  If Brown had spent all his icetime with Dzingel and Burrows, do you think he would have been anywhere near that productive?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:32 am

    I think this is an indicator that karlsson is ready. Chabot won't be down long imo
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 am

    Is the poll for how many points he'll get in the NHL?

    His performance, and the performance of the big club, will dictate how long he's down in the AHL for. I think our D will be fine without him, and he can get big minutes in the AHL.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 am

    PTFlea wrote:I think this is an indicator that karlsson is ready.  Chabot won't be down long imo

    Don't overthink this. With Chabot Ottawa would have carried 8 d-men to start the year. Chabot was -5 against the Habs. He's an offensively-minded defenseman in a defensively-minded system. He needs to work on that aspect of the game.

    As for Brown, that's more of an interesting scenario. I can see Ottawa having White play in the AHL on what they will call a 'rehab' stint when in reality they will let him develop too. I see McCormick or Paul being the call-up before White. Just my opinion.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 am

    Unfortunately White's injury wiped out most of his training camp. But he was in the lineup against Pittsburgh in the ECF so I think he has earned more of Boucher's trust than an early and a late cut from this year's camp.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 am

    What I'm trying to say is, when he's medically ready, he'll be the first call up.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am

    With puck moving being such a premium in this league and Chabot's amazing ability to both pass the puck and rush the puck (a la Karlsson), he really won't be away from the league long. They, rightly, want him to ride the bus for a while, while being the number 1 D-man and learning from the coaches down there before they call him up. For the most part, I was stunned at how good he is judging by pre-season. Really made things happened - forced good things to happen - and you can't really teach that. Gonna be an interesting year for him.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by wprager on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:50 pm

    I was pleasantly surprised by Chabot, but he was pretty bad in that ugly loss to the Habs. His first two games were home games; his last two were away games (Winnipeg/Montreal). The Jets were missing their entire top line and couldn't do anything except score on powerplays. But in the Habs game Chabot was -5 and while you can't blame the loss on a 19 year old kid, he wasn't very good, to put it mildly.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: How many points will Chabot get?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 am