Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am

PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:2 year extension for Boro, $1.2M per (same as now).

Ok, I guess.

Yeah...I mean, the usual Sens Twitter suspects are having a meltdown about it, but spending $1.2M for two seasons on a 6th/7th defenseman who is also tough as nails is not going to have a negative effect on the team.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54432
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:45 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Ok, I guess.

Yeah...I mean, the usual Sens Twitter suspects are having a meltdown about it, but spending $1.2M for two seasons on a 6th/7th defenseman who is also tough as nails is not going to have a negative effect on the team.

I think that's an important designation for this deal to really work. He has to be a 6th or 7th D-man on any given night, so a healthy scratch from time to time. Otherwise, it's good. I'm falling into the category of wanting all D-men to have size and mobility and be able to outlet pass. Boro has the size and some mobility, but can't really make the breakout passes we all want. But then there's the fact that he leaves it out on the ice every single shift.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:32 pm

2 year extension for Boro, $1.2M per (same as now).
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13128
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm

That's a little surprising. He should get passed on the depth chart fairly soon. You hope he's tradeable within the next two years.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm

ThisJustIn!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:31 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

That's weird. I must have reloaded a page and it was on the "post" URL still? Anyhow, keeps me still in the hunt to eventually catch PTFlea Smile

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:03 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Ok, I guess.

I think that's an important designation for this deal to really work. He has to be a 6th or 7th D-man on any given night, so a healthy scratch from time to time. Otherwise, it's good. I'm falling into the category of wanting all D-men to have size and mobility and be able to outlet pass. Boro has the size and some mobility, but can't really make the breakout passes we all want. But then there's the fact that he leaves it out on the ice every single shift.
    I just wonder how expandable he'll be once Jaros makes the team. I'm not sure Jaros fights but he hits like a mot$&@+*^%ker!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 am

tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!
    Laugh1 I was gonna use the same smiley.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm

All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Flo The Action wrote:All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing

Because that's a ridiculous contract. 7 years should only be reserved for true star players. We signed Ryan because the team would have been shredded for letting him go, but he didn't really deserve a 7 year deal either. IMO 7 year deals should only be given to players in or entering their prime.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Flo The Action wrote:All this TSN talk about possibly trading Turris. I don't like it. Why don't we give him 6mill x7Y? He'll be a damn fine 2nd line C towards the end of that contract. He's still young. I don't get it. I doubt we keep brassard past his contract. This better be posturing

He's getting older and his body could give out at any time. 7 or 8 years is too long. If he wants that length, I'd like it down to 5 million.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Ev wrote:

Because that's a ridiculous contract. 7 years should only be reserved for true star players. We signed Ryan because the team would have been shredded for letting him go, but he didn't really deserve a 7 year deal either. IMO 7 year deals should only be given to players in or entering their prime.
    I compare the value of Turris to that of Krejci. And krejci is way overpaid. But if he can get a long Donkey deal like that then 7 years for Turris at 6 mill is exactly what hes worth
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 pm

PTFlea wrote:

He's getting older and his body could give out at any time. 7 or 8 years is too long. If he wants that length, I'd like it down to 5 million.

Hes had injuries but nothing to suggest he wont be able to last. For a matter of fact anybody can go down to injuries. If he does then you have LTIR. Well have a new owner by then anyways Sarcasm
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:

I compare the value of Turris to that of Krejci. And krejci is way overpaid. But if he can get a long Donkey deal like that then 7 years for Turris at 6 mill is exactly what hes worth

Krejci is better though.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:33 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Krejci is better though.

Not by much if any.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Krejci is better though.

Not by much if any.

Krejci routinely puts up 60 points, where Turris has done it once. Over a longer period of time Krejci also has a high .ppg hy.15 and he's a playoff beast.

It's not outlandish to compare the two, but I don't know if Turris is really quite there
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Tonight's second pairing... "boro wideman"... ouch
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Tonight's second pairing... "boro wideman"... ouch

2nd pairing? No Karlsson?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 am